Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:07 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by icurhere2
Just got off the phone with one of the local credit unions in an attempt to fully escape Bank of America - sometime between a meeting Friday and before I leave for Paris Christmas Eve, I should own my home outright.
Congrats^ I'm going to have to work harder using double-coupons
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:11 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ssullivan
Ugh. For the third year in a row, December 1 has arrived with rumors of layoffs happening at work. Fortunately no meeting notice from HR has arrived in my inbox, and I don't anticipate being affected.
Originally Posted by Olton Hall
Judging by all of the LinkedIn request I've received this week, I think the rumor mills are going strong these days in many companies.
Originally Posted by bmg42000
I know that feeling . Eveytime I come back from my December vacation I need to figure out who left the company .
At my exit meeting today they had to use one of the larger conference rooms. Very few people will be left two years from now and it was the largest private employer in the region. First thing they mentioned to do was update your linked-in account.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Sorry to hear this as well - I had thought about an opportunity at your employer at one time.
I don't think any of this involves my area. It certainly better not, considering that we've just hired two more consultants on my team, as well as several on other products, and have been running a little understaffed lately.

All I can say is the last few years have been fairly crazy, and I'm keeping my options open.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Yay for my hometown. Stadium being built on land that I used to oversee with my grandpa.
Where will it be built?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrzyshawn
Look how delicious they make that Mojito look

You mean it doesn't come out looking like that from the drink cart? And the martini doesn't come with half a pomegranate as garnish?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only if someone is willing to pay you for them.
I once sold two of them to a guy on an ERJ for $10 because he wanted one drink, and the flight attendant couldn't find any change. I've also sold them off to one of my sisters before.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by sdm1130
Looks like hard liquor on CO is going up to $7. Beer (and wine?) are staying at $6. I think these are both effective today.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...s/default.aspx
Originally Posted by Mackieman
At least the CO consistency is kicking in!

Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE
I feel your pain. COFlyerCLE+1 is starting to talk like all of you... it's beginning to annoy me
LOL! Remember what you wish for!

Just got off the phone with one of the local credit unions in an attempt to fully escape Bank of America - sometime between a meeting Friday and before I leave for Paris Christmas Eve, I should own my home outright.
Very cool!

Originally Posted by colpuck

If I EVER become this dude, I give anyone and everyone in the box the right to shoot me.
No worries, you won't have a woman anytime soon!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Where will it be built?
Northeast of 6 and 90. It's not exactly the land we tended to, this particular parcel was owned by the sugar factory.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
You mean it doesn't come out looking like that from the drink cart? And the martini doesn't come with half a pomegranate as garnish?
It looks more like this.

Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Originally Posted by Scott6067
No worries, you won't have a woman anytime soon!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It looks more like this.

Yep, that's what it looked like when I tried it, although I was in F. Mine came in a real glass.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:26 pm

It looks more like this.

That's just nasty man...I prefer the US pre-mixed ones then...I flew US LGA-DCA in F Monday night and the Mai Tai Stirrings is EXCELLENT!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Yay for my hometown. Stadium being built on land that I used to oversee with my grandpa.
I Mosquito Houston
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by Olton Hall
Judging by all of the LinkedIn request I've received this week, I think the rumor mills are going strong these days in many companies.
I can't even remember a time in my current career that there were not layoffs looming. Won some, lost some but I don't worry about it anymore. It certainly makes saving money with a few back-up plans a priority though.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by Phudnik
My guess is you're looking at US to my home airport (in any event, it will probably have to be somewhere WN flies).
I was thinking CMH or CLE
Yep, looking like the city of brotherly love will be the winner. UA to ORD is a close second. I thought about CLE, but don't see anything that would justify the tank of gas and the extra 4 hours commuting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.