Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Ugh.

Mileage calculation fail. All flights have posted and I am 835 miles short of EXP. Looks like I'll be taking a short ride soon.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by ssullivan
I feel like I'm just here today. My head hurts. My stomach is bothering me. I thought I slept well, but I feel like I didn't sleep at all. I'm sure some of this is probably due to the not so great medical news Mom called me with last night.
Sorry to hear - our thoughts are with your family.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Mackieman
Good thoughts for your Mom.
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Indeed. Sorry to hear it, ssullivan.
Originally Posted by msv
Hope your mom proves the doctor wrong and gets better soon and that you feel better too.
Originally Posted by rolov
Sorry to hear that.
Originally Posted by AMF in NJ
+
Thanks all. I'm still feeling very much in denial of the fact she's got cancer, and that it's as far spread as it sounds from the latest round of tests. As she said on the phone last night, "I feel fine, other than being a little tired." Hopefully things will go well for her as she starts treatment soon.

It's been kind of a rough year for this stuff, as my sister-in-law and three friends have all been diagnosed with cancer this year, and now Mom.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:38 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
Morning Mi Love! how r ju?
It's a good morning. I hope you are prepared for chilly and wet weather here Friday night!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just made it to the Baltimore stop on the bus. Was supposed to be in DC at 12:20. That seems HIGHLY unlikely now. Good news is that I have a bit of a buffer on this initial connection though it does mean I might be having a dozen packs of animal crackers from B6 as my lunch.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Ugh. For the third year in a row, December 1 has arrived with rumors of layoffs happening at work. Fortunately no meeting notice from HR has arrived in my inbox, and I don't anticipate being affected.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Hmmm, no XC/NC availability on my MUC-ORD return from SZG DO. Hopefully something opens up, as CC usually is flooded with SWUs in January.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Thanks all. I'm still feeling very much in denial of the fact she's got cancer, and that it's as far spread as it sounds from the latest round of tests. As she said on the phone last night, "I feel fine, other than being a little tired." Hopefully things will go well for her as she starts treatment soon.

It's been kind of a rough year for this stuff, as my sister-in-law and three friends have all been diagnosed with cancer this year, and now Mom.
So sorry to hear. Hope everything goes well.

Originally Posted by sbm12
Just made it to the Baltimore stop on the bus. Was supposed to be in DC at 12:20. That seems HIGHLY unlikely now. Good news is that I have a bit of a buffer on this initial connection though it does mean I might be having a dozen packs of animal crackers from B6 as my lunch.
its raining like crazy in PHL. How is it looking there. There is a weather waiver issued by CO for North East. Not sure if you are flying CO today.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Pretty miserable weather here on the NJT headed down to DC. I hope I make my flights today.
The wind is awful here.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like hard liquor on CO is going up to $7. Beer (and wine?) are staying at $6. I think these are both effective today.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...s/default.aspx
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by snod08
its raining like crazy in PHL. How is it looking there. There is a weather waiver issued by CO for North East. Not sure if you are flying CO today.
I'm now between Baltimore and DC and the weather is just clouds. I'm flying DCA-BOS on B6 and then I am supposed to pick up BOS-ORD-LAS on UA. My flight leaves DCA at 2:15 and I'm still on the bus so that's a bit disconcerting but I've got some time yet before I really have to panic. I already did OLCI so as long as I'm at the airport by 1:45 or so I should be OK. And I think I can make that given where I'm at right now.

There's also a lot of praying that the BOS weather holds so that I make that flight out to LAS. It is the last to LAS and the first in the morning would have me miss my LAS-EWR flight, I think.

Definitely going to be an interesting travel day.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ugh. For the third year in a row, December 1 has arrived with rumors of layoffs happening at work. Fortunately no meeting notice from HR has arrived in my inbox, and I don't anticipate being affected.
Sorry to hear this as well - I had thought about an opportunity at your employer at one time.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:39 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
I'm now between Baltimore and DC and the weather is just clouds. I'm flying DCA-BOS on B6 and then I am supposed to pick up BOS-ORD-LAS on UA. My flight leaves DCA at 2:15 and I'm still on the bus so that's a bit disconcerting but I've got some time yet before I really have to panic. I already did OLCI so as long as I'm at the airport by 1:45 or so I should be OK. And I think I can make that given where I'm at right now.

There's also a lot of praying that the BOS weather holds so that I make that flight out to LAS. It is the last to LAS and the first in the morning would have me miss my LAS-EWR flight, I think.

Definitely going to be an interesting travel day.
OK good luck! Sure hope you make all the flights.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by sdm1130
Looks like hard liquor on CO is going up to $7. Beer (and wine?) are staying at $6. I think these are both effective today.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...s/default.aspx
UA did it too: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,51500,00.html
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Odd question - has anyone ever opened a business entirely owned by an IRA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.