Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
Still waiting on my PWP Title...
Aide to Generalissimo Godot.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Teh ALCO Dream Act was passed a few weeks ago now. All those Boxers who are illegal haz their clear path to Box Citizenship.
Don't they still have to create a Flight Memory?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Originally Posted by ssullivan
CO just sent me an e-mail advertising the fact I can pay up to F for a flight in a couple of weeks for $205. Funny how they manage to send this to me, but can't seem to get my EUA notifications working.

I'm sure once certain others get this e-mail there will be another world is ending thread in the forum.

Here's what it looks like:

Well this is certainly not "Tens of Dollars" as other report!
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
I think there's Box Amnesty in place until January 1, 2011. Time to dig out any old boarding passes, ticket receipts, and frequent flyer program statements and start building that FlightMemory map.
After Jan 1 The otter has threatened to post his documents on
AlcoLeaks.org and expose non compliance
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Yes.

Any thoughts on how worn out/tired/in need of another vacation one might be after doing the following itinerary in coach (likely on Star Alliance carriers) over a two week period:

YYC-YVR-HKG-SIN-FRA-YYC

With the idea being to spend about 2 days in HKG, 3 or 4 in SIN, and 3 or 4 in the FRA area?

I know it isn't some huge mileage run or anything, but I am looking for a vacation, not an endurance test.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
FM creation is a step on the path.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler
Any thoughts on how worn out/tired/in need of another vacation one might be after doing the following itinerary in coach (likely on Star Alliance carriers) over a two week period:

YYC-YVR-HKG-SIN-FRA-YYC

With the idea being to spend about 2 days in HKG, 3 or 4 in SIN, and 3 or 4 in the FRA area?

I know it isn't some huge mileage run or anything, but I am looking for a vacation, not an endurance test.
If you stick to AC and SQ, that'll be about the best you could hope for in whY. With some sleep aids, you should be okay, if you generally cope well with short trips to Europe (or any other jet-lag inducing destination).
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by snod08
But definitely excited to watch this "live".
It is hands down the best live sport. Especially in the newer arenas, since much attention has been paid to acoustics. In Sunrise, I saw the Panthers play the Sabres and I heard the puck hit the net.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rolov
After Jan 1 The otter has threatened to post his documents on
AlcoLeaks.org and expose non compliance
I will haz on my hands.
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
We've been known to dispatch Kyrgyzstani hit-squads for people who fail to create FlightMemories.
Opps. Even for us who only fly 2X a year?

Besides, my signature area is usually reserved solely for SPG. Can I have an indulgence for that reason?

ETA: I can't even begin to abide by #20 as well. Can I be forgiven if I am a died in the wool Orangeblood?

ETA2: Looks like I might be saved by rule #21.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler

YYC-YVR-HKG-SIN-FRA-YYC

You might be asking the wrong crowd
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
It is hands down the best live sport. Especially in the newer arenas, since much attention has been paid to acoustics. In Sunrise, I saw the Panthers play the Sabres and I heard the puck hit the net.
awesome^
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Opps. Even for us who only fly 2X a year?

Besides, my signature area is usually reserved solely for SPG. Can I have an indulgence for that reason?

ETA: I can't even begin to abide by #20 as well. Can I be forgiven if I am a died in the wool Orangeblood?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Yes, you have to haz one. You don't have to link it in your signature... just posting a link to it in Teh Box will suffice. It will become part of your permanent record.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
If you stick to AC and SQ, that'll be about the best you could hope for in whY. With some sleep aids, you should be okay, if you generally cope well with short trips to Europe (or any other jet-lag inducing destination).
Thanks. I suspect that I'll try to stick with AC and SQ and, given the routing, it shouldn't be too hard to do so.

The Star Alliance RTW fares can be only nominally more expensive than a simple round trip from YYC to SIN, so it seems to make sense to me to get in some German action if I've got the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.