Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Selling my Headphones to Y class passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Selling my Headphones to Y class passengers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by mike_asia
I carry my own headphones with me. When I get an upgrade on a flight without direct TV i would like to sell my continental supplied headphones to the Y class passengers. Do you think i would have a problem with the flight attendants if i walk down the isle and try to sell my headphones and accept cash for them in the 'cash less' cabins?
LOL! One reason why first class should be reserved for people with some class.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
Originally Posted by cheepneezy
Brilliant!
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO777
Wow, a whole year later.
more than that, i was kicked out of 4th grade for having a beard
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by SFO777
Wow, a whole year later.
For the win !
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:23 pm

I wonder if I'm allowed to bring my blender onboard and serve non-alcoholic margaritas for $3.99 and then the minis for $2.99 and charge taxes on whatever state we fly over =)
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:25 pm

Programs: CO 1 Ply
^
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:25 pm
Suspended

got to admitt I cant remember the last time we had such an Entertaining thread on the CO forum or any other forum at that

as for the blanketrs and pillows I guess the OP can rent them out for the duration of the flight, best waiting till at least an hr passes and everyone starts to get cold ,then the highest bidder gets them
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
I think you are missing the point or I am not explaining it properly. In F or on a flight with direct tv i get the headphones for 'Free' and then i want to sell them to Y passengers. Not a 5 finger discount or stealing, they are given by the airlines to me for free because I am sitting in First Class
Quoting your earlier post:

"Good question. i think 2 USD would be fine. If the outbound flight has direct TV then they will be 'free'. I will take a few handfuls when boarding the plane. When the return flight does not have direct TV i can sell them for $2."

How do you consider that "taking a few handfuls when boarding the plane" isn't a 5 finger discount or stealing? FC pax get one set for their use, not a few handfuls. If you're that cheap and that big of a cheeseball to want to sell that one set, go for it. But if you plan on taking more than one, you're a thief.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
Quoting your earlier post:

"Good question. i think 2 USD would be fine. If the outbound flight has direct TV then they will be 'free'. I will take a few handfuls when boarding the plane. When the return flight does not have direct TV i can sell them for $2."

How do you consider that "taking a few handfuls when boarding the plane" isn't a 5 finger discount or stealing? FC pax get one set for their use, not a few handfuls. If you're that cheap and that big of a cheeseball to want to sell that one set, go for it. But if you plan on taking more than one, you're a thief.
Fair enough, one per flight is enough, you are right.

Another method I am planning is to wait until everyone gets off the plane on a direct TV flight and then go around and pull the 2 prong adapters that everyone left stuck in the holes and then sell these for 50 cents on the next flight
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Fair enough, one per flight is enough, you are right.

Another method I am planning is to wait until everyone gets off the plane on a direct TV flight and then go around and pull the 2 prong adapters that everyone left stuck in the holes and then sell these for 50 cents on the next flight
Mikey, hold out for a dollar, I think you are bowing to pressure.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Mike, I think you're missing the real opportunity to make money.

Think "party lav" on the 762.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA, HH & Marriott
Good job, OP. Imagine if the airlines move to put "Not for Resale" on them to deter these type of sales and ultimately drive up cost. They're only a few bucks. I don't think the airlines sell them to make money but rather to cut down on operating costs. I mean if they were trying to make money, they'd sell decent ones for more.

Find somewhere else to make money. Seriously. I can imagine you selling maybe 10 at most and be slapped with a legal action from the airline to make an example out of you.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
^
Old Apr 20, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Wait. You can go to Yankee Candle and purchase the travel air freshener.

Then board the plane with Audacious and Unmitigated Flatulence.

Just charge $5 per spray!
Old Apr 20, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
It's a lovely night in Asia for a troll. I mean, stroll.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.