Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Selling my Headphones to Y class passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Selling my Headphones to Y class passengers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
The price for the past few years was only $1.00. Not sure why they raised the price.
Thank you for that valuable piece of information. No one here was aware of that.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trm2
Why don't you just sell your upgrade for $100?
now that is a great idea. A PDA website where buyers and sellers can meet virtually at the gate and buy/sell upgrades
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by trm2
Why don't you just sell your upgrade for $100?
No one would buy it for $100, when CO is offering his upgrade for $69.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:03 am

While we're at it, who wants to buy a buddy pass? Pay $102.50+taxes to fly standby at the very bottom of the list.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:14 am

belynch, you are not an entrepreneur. Given the position he was in, you could have easily squeezed $8 dollars out of that transaction.

But this thread has got me thinking about all the possibilities--in fact, one of the most exciting is to simply sell my space on the upgrade queue. That would certainly make the gate area more exciting.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:14 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by mike_asia
If the outbound flight has direct TV then they will be 'free'. I will take a few handfuls when boarding the plane. When the return flight does not have direct TV i can sell them for $2.
I'm really hoping this is a joke, but since it's not 4/1 and your continued posts in this thread, I'm guessing it's not. Overall, I think this is one of the worst things I've heard of and would really question your morals by stealing something from CO only to sell it and undercut them later.

If you're traveling on your own dime and can afford a seat, forget the $2. If you're traveling on a business account, I can only imagine what your expense report would look like because "there wasn't a rule that said I can't do [fill in the blank]."

Originally Posted by Bonehead
You'd make a lot more money bringing in a bag of Big Macs and selling those in coach.
I think Cinnabon's would be the best, especially once you open the 6 pack so everyone can smell 'em!

Originally Posted by cova
I once sat next to a woman and her child in Y. I had a couple of sets of the old $5 earphones from earlier travel. The woman purchased one set at $5 and was trying to share them with her son - each using one ear piece.

I gave her a set and she was pleased - made my day.
I always have a pair or two of headphones in the bottom of my bag in the event that I forget mine or my battery dies. I've often given them out to pax beside me in Y and they are very grateful for 'em. I'd suggest the OP think about doing the same.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
You could also sell your meal to someone in coach. Not a good idea at all.

When I first became elite with CO I was sitting in my usual seat on a 737 5D
and the agent came up to me and said I could move up front ( I was upgraded) I was not sure what this even was. I lady next to me husband was already sitting in FC so I said she could move up front instead. They could not believe I was giving up thge FC seat. They gave me their headphones and asked me what I wanted to drink and gave a a beer and no they did not charge me.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
This is great! I have dibs on the idea to start selling adult diapers when CO finally gives in and starts to charge for bathroom usage.@:-)
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Originally Posted by LukeSkywaiter
While we're at it, who wants to buy a buddy pass? Pay $102.50+taxes to fly standby at the very bottom of the list.

Maybe I will sell my ELR seat for $30.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
I can also sell my overhead bin space and check my bag at the gate.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
What flight are you on I would be definitely interested. I'll know who you are as you will have an L on your forehead so we can keep it out of the FA's way. Nod nod, wink wink.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:23 am

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
I wonder how much people would pay if I tried to sell my dignity...
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:25 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by carvalh2
This is great! I have dibs on the idea to start selling adult diapers when CO finally gives in and starts to charge for bathroom usage.@:-)
Or maybe we can board first and stuff the overhead bins with our oversized carry-on, personal item, poofy jacket and duty free crap. When they start checking everyone's bags, you can sell your overhead space to Tom, Dick & Harry and then put your bags under the seat in front of you & carry your jacket.

Or start singing loudly 5 minutes into the flight. Tell those around you that you'll shut up for the low cost of $10 each
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I reckon 10 more posts to thread closure, mods to automatic and cross dress.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.