Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Selling my Headphones to Y class passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Selling my Headphones to Y class passengers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2010, 1:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AMF in NJ
Fantastic idea by the OP! :-:

I suggest the following other business ventures for you:
  • Selling the latest DVD release inside your local Best Buy
  • Going to your local BN or Borders and selling the latest bestsellers
  • Hawking appliances at the local appliance store
  • Peddling paddles at the Paddle Depot
  • Recyle greeting cards by selling them at your local $1 store

BTW, for further profits it is suggested that you 'procure' your inventory from the store you're selling them at, usually via the 5 Finger Discount. :-:
I think you are missing the point or I am not explaining it properly. In F or on a flight with direct tv i get the headphones for 'Free' and then i want to sell them to Y passengers. Not a 5 finger discount or stealing, they are given by the airlines to me for free because I am sitting in First Class
Old Apr 20, 2010, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by mike_asia
I think you are missing the point or I am not explaining it properly. In F or on a flight with direct tv i get the headphones for 'Free' and then i want to sell them to Y passengers. Not a 5 finger discount or stealing, they are given by the airlines to me for free because I am sitting in First Class
No, we get the point, and you are explaining it just fine. What you are missing, and that we aren't explaining properly, is that you are a moron.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
And turning around and trying to sell them makes you a douche. Don't be that guy. :-:
Old Apr 20, 2010, 1:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mackieman
And turning around and trying to sell them makes you a douche. Don't be that guy. :-:
seems like a win win to me. I get my $2 and the Y passenger gets them at a discount and gets to pay cash for them
Old Apr 20, 2010, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LukeSkywaiter
No, we get the point, and you are explaining it just fine. What you are missing, and that we aren't explaining properly, is that you are a moron.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
seems like a win win to me. I get my $2 and the Y passenger gets them at a discount and gets to pay cash for them
Herein lies the core of the issue: That is not your $2. At no time were you owed $2 for anything involving your flight. You're attempting to take a service offered to you by the airline based on the fare purchased (or upgrade, also given due to loyalty), and profit from it. That makes you a butthorn, and is perilously close to fraud.

I believe we all deserve $2 for having to deal with your . Again, don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
I think the OP should be wearing his Bad Idea jeans while selling headsets.

While we're at it, who wants to buy a buddy pass? Pay $102.50+taxes to fly standby at the very bottom of the list.
Do you accept waffles or minis?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
LMAO. Witty and dead on. Perfection.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
OP... if you are really gonna do it, let us know how it goes
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I said I would have them first, I bid 2.50 and the reserve was met.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
I would equate this as sitting in first, ordering drinks, and then selling them for $4 in Y. It is pretty much the same principle and sounds like a terrible idea. You could also say this about selling blankets and pillows.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dav373
I would equate this as sitting in first, ordering drinks, and then selling them for $4 in Y. It is pretty much the same principle and sounds like a terrible idea. You could also say this about selling blankets and pillows.
I can't serve alcohol due to some regulations and blankets and pillows are not mine to keep, unlike the headphones 'That can be used on future flights' which means they are mine to keep, much like the Continental magazine
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Not to be affiliated with the OP, but let me run this scenario by ya'll:

When CO starts their BOB program in whY, what do you think the going rate will be for a fresh baked muffin or other item from my Easy Bake Oven?
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: SkyMiles
Selling E'phones

Originally Posted by Bonehead
You'd make a lot more money bringing in a bag of Big Macs and selling those in coach.
What a really odd post.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: CO Silver/UA 2P, HHonors, SPG Gold
You still haven't explained why you are so desperate for $2.

5 pages long and still going strong. This thread has progressed from sad to infuriating to outright hilarious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.