Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Selling my Headphones to Y class passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Selling my Headphones to Y class passengers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:43 am

Location: Various tier levels of frequent flyer/hotel plans received for bellyaching about minor flaws in the service I received.
You'll recognize me on your next CO flight:

I'll be selling the "free" alcohol I got from the f/a when someone's luggage fell out of the overhead and bonked me on the head;
My armrest space;
The pillows and blankets CO "gave" me before they took them out of the coach cabin; and
of course the spare bananas from my breakfast (and some from the cart that those mean ole' f/a's weren't monetizing themselves).

Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LukeSkywaiter
No, we get the point, and you are explaining it just fine. What you are missing, and that we aren't explaining properly, is that you are a moron.
j

Originally Posted by carsonheim
Yo, Mike -- just so ya know, I've got the monopoly on the headset for sale thing. AND, I undercut you. I sell 'em for $1.50 -- half price.

Just don't come near my territory, biatch.

Now that you've gone and brought this out in the open I think you've blown the whole operation... thanks a LOT! Airfare Watchdog has nuthin' on you!
Hilarious - both of you.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 6:46 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Get a Presidents Club membership, a funnel, and some empty water bottles.

[Then hang out at the gates for the New Orleans and Las Vegas flights on a Friday afternoon with your freshly filled "to go" cups in hand.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:06 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CO DCA
You'll recognize me on your next CO flight:

I'll be selling the "free" alcohol I got from the f/a when someone's luggage fell out of the overhead and bonked me on the head;
My armrest space;
The pillows and blankets CO "gave" me before they took them out of the coach cabin; and
of course the spare bananas from my breakfast (and some from the cart that those mean ole' f/a's weren't monetizing themselves).

Let's not forget the opportunity to sell your free checked bag allowance.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
But wait, you can sell more...

Originally Posted by mike_asia
I carry my own headphones with me. When I get an upgrade on a flight without direct TV i would like to sell my continental supplied headphones to the Y class passengers. Do you think i would have a problem with the flight attendants if i walk down the isle and try to sell my headphones and accept cash for them in the 'cash less' cabins?
Be sure to also recommend to your First cabin headset clients the option of getting their headset sprayed (for an extra $2.00) with gate-lice repellant to help prevent transmission of potential hitchhicking parasites. Don't leave your potential extra profit on the table (or aircraft).

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Lice

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head-louse_infestation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louse
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

See the front page of USA today. Yes, there is a change in consumer behavior that is taking place
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I think Cinnabon's would be the best, especially once you open the 6 pack so everyone can smell 'em!
A couple years ago, I picked up a box of gourmet doughnuts on the way to the airport (I wanted a few for the plane ride, and they had a "get a dozen for the price of a half dozen" deal) to go visit family. I ate three of them. I ended up giving the rest to family. Why? Because I couldn't give away these doughnuts.

These things retail for around $1.50 each, and I couldn't get anybody to take one. It was absolutely incredible.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Speaking of USAToday, there was one in front of the door of the room across the hall from me in the hotel. I’m starting the bids at 75 cents.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nbs2
A couple years ago, I picked up a box of gourmet doughnuts on the way to the airport (I wanted a few for the plane ride, and they had a "get a dozen for the price of a half dozen" deal) to go visit family. I ate three of them. I ended up giving the rest to family. Why? Because I couldn't give away these doughnuts.

These things retail for around $1.50 each, and I couldn't get anybody to take one. It was absolutely incredible.
Unlike in many parts of the world Americans are taught from a young age to not accept food from strangers for safety reasons. If you are in many parts of Asia and offer a stranger a piece of gum while sitting next to them most will take it, do that to an American and 99% will kindly refuse.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 7:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N965VJ
Speaking of USAToday, there was one in front of the door of the room across the hall from me in the hotel. I’m starting the bids at 75 cents.
I think you are catching on. It will soon be a world of 'mini auctions'. List that paper on your iphone with your GPS coordinates and you should be able to get a buyer. But it should be your USA today and not the one from across the hall. Of course you could offer to buy your neighbors for a quarter and then sell for 75 cents. Good way to make 50 cents before you even start thinking about the 'free' buffet at your hotel. For example at a Hilton Garden inn only Gold and Diamond get an option of a 'free breakfast'. Everyone else has to pay, see any opportunities here?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:06 am

Location: Various tier levels of frequent flyer/hotel plans received for bellyaching about minor flaws in the service I received.
Unlike in many parts of the world Americans are taught from a young age to not accept food from strangers for safety reasons. If you are in many parts of Asia and offer a stranger a piece of gum while sitting next to them most will take it, do that to an American and 99% will kindly refuse.
Yes, except in your case it would be "would you like a piece of gum for .25?"
Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
As a fat guy, I would like to sell the opportunity to not sit next to me. I will use the proceeds to fund my F purchases.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob AA Plat
Originally Posted by Mackieman
As a fat guy, I would like to sell the opportunity to not sit next to me. I will use the proceeds to fund my F purchases.
LOL^
Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Good question. i think 2 USD would be fine. If the outbound flight has direct TV then they will be 'free'. I will take a few handfuls when boarding the plane. When the return flight does not have direct TV i can sell them for $2.
Take a few handfulls?..The sign on the plane says "Take One" Im sure if the FA at the door saw you take a few handfulls..she/he would have a problem with it and youd be writing a letter about how you were shamed for helping yourself to more than what was offered..@:-)
Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:55 am

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
Originally Posted by Mackieman
Hey, what about this: instead of POS buying additional seat, offer him half my seat at half my cost*. He gets some extra space, and I only end up paying for what I've used. a win/win!

*I'm only half-joking here. Since this sometimes happens, why not get compensation???????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.