Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Selling my Headphones to Y class passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Selling my Headphones to Y class passengers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
ROFL.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by eagle92
LOL...

Where is colpuck with the popcorn imagery when you need it!
[channeling colpuck]

[/channeling colpuck]
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by belynch
Not to be affiliated with the OP, but let me run this scenario by ya'll:

When CO starts their BOB program in whY, what do you think the going rate will be for a fresh baked muffin or other item from my Easy Bake Oven?
I will pay you 5 Bolivianos, or 50 Kenyan Shillings.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob AA Plat
In before the lock....

I once saw a guy take the bag of peanuts out of the FA cabinet and start distributing them to fellow passengers....I guess he was tired of waiting for them. Got through 20% of the plane before a FA told him to sit down...I suppose he could have tried to sell em for $1 a piece^
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Has anyone ever tried to USE those headphones?!? I used to keep them after each flight up front, figuring I'd have situations where it's not practical to have my good headphones around. Plus I always lose/break the two-prong adapters, so infinite spares helps keep my good headphones in use. But wow, a while ago I actually plugged in a pair and I don't think I've ever heard ear buds sound that terrible (and I've had some cheap ones). I even tried another set to be sure it wasn't a fluke.

So I would not wish them on anyone, and cringe whenever I see someone actually hand over money for them. I'll happily give them away when stuck in Y -- there's usually some in my bag somewhere.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eagleye290
You still haven't explained why you are so desperate for $2.

5 pages long and still going strong. This thread has progressed from sad to infuriating to outright hilarious.
Money is money, might as well pick up some pocket money on the 4 hour flight. Nothing about being desperate, i still have my lunch money from 3rd Grade
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Perhaps CO could remove a row of seats and install a silent auction table at the rear of the aircraft (stink-shield section should do). Passengers could auction off items in flight, and CO could take a cut. Also, as a punishment to passengers who bring onboard oversized carryons, their belongings could be seized and auctioned to the highest bidder.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by LukeSkywaiter
No, we get the point, and you are explaining it just fine. What you are missing, and that we aren't explaining properly, is that you are a moron.
Nail. Hammer. Head.

Now I have to explain to my office mate why I'm cracking up here...
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by belynch
Not to be affiliated with the OP, but let me run this scenario by ya'll:

When CO starts their BOB program in whY, what do you think the going rate will be for a fresh baked muffin or other item from my Easy Bake Oven?
Will an Easy Bake Oven trip the power ports? Maybe I can liberate a waffle maker from the hotel breakfast bar. Just gotta figure out how to get the batter through the checkpoint.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by N965VJ
Will an Easy Bake Oven trip the power ports? Maybe I can liberate a waffle maker from the hotel breakfast bar. Just gotta figure out how to get the batter through the checkpoint.
A 75W bulb will be close assuming the 75W power out on the circuit. A 60W bulb shouldn't be a problem at all.

And if you can get the powdered batter you can mix it with water from the fountains air-side once you pass by the TSA.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by N965VJ
Fill it into 100ml containers?

Or just whip it up in flight (though the flour might raise other concerns at security...)
Old Apr 20, 2010, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mike_asia
...i still have my lunch money from 3rd Grade
Wow, a whole year later.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With my handy homemade power-converter, I should be able to run a hot-plate on the aircraft with A/C power. Tacos, anyone?

Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by sbm12
And if you can get the powdered batter you can mix it with water from the fountains air-side once you pass by the TSA.
I suppose I could bring my own powdered batter, but that would violate the spirit of this thread, namely, reselling amenities that are given to me. Plan B is to find out where the hotel stores the powdered batter and help myself to a bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.