Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Austin, Texas Mega Do - February 26 - 28, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: BEST BBQ: Of those you ate, which BBQ would you rate the "overall" best?
Kreuz's
9.38%
Black's
43.75%
Smitty's
0%
Chisholm Trail
0%
Salt Lick
46.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Austin, Texas Mega Do - February 26 - 28, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2009, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by mnmag
Yep -- I'm an Austin 'virgin'
Me too!
Old Dec 18, 2009, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by sfogate
Me too. Can't wait to taste real Texas BBQ and see the other things that Texas has to offer other than the IAH airport.
We'll let you go roller skate down Spicewood Springs; surely there's enough room at the bottom to slow down before you roll into Loop 360.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Mackieman
We'll let you go roller skate down Spicewood Springs; surely there's enough room at the bottom to slow down before you roll into Loop 360.
For some reason I can ice skate but not roller skate. The last time I was on skates they used a key to tighten the clamp on your saddle shoes.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 10:31 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
For those who may be budget-conscious, check out the Ramada thread in Hotel Deals Forum. It's possible to stay the weekend, Fri-Mon, for $144 total.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by boxo
For those who may be budget-conscious, check out the Ramada thread in Hotel Deals Forum. It's possible to stay the weekend, Fri-Mon, for $144 total.
Aye, but me thinks thar might bein' a reason why she be so cheap!
Old Dec 21, 2009, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Here is some more info on the best Ramada in the area:

Ramada - Austin Central
919 East Koenig Lane
North I-35 @ Exit 238A
Austin, TX 78751 US
Phone: 512-454-1144

2 Double Beds Room Non-smoking
Fri. 02/26/10 USD 45.00
Sat. 02/27/10 USD 45.00
Sun. 02/28/10 USD 35.00
3 nights (1 Room): USD 124.99
Taxes: USD 18.74
* Total: USD 143.73
(this is a half-price rate that must be booked by Dec. 28, it is fully cancellable, at least the rate I booked)
http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control...=true&tab=tab1

# The new Ramada - Austin Central features unique amenities and services. The hotel is completely WIFI HSIA enabled. Your room has a new, Serta Hotel Concierge mattresses for your comfort. Each room also features a great modular desk and office chair. Most rooms have a recliner, and some rooms have a sofa bed. Coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards are standard as well.
# Stop by the hotel lobby for a complimentary USA Today newspaper or a copy of the Austin American-Statesman newspaper. Our business center is open all day and night with a computer, printer, fax and Internet access. A hot, Full American Breakfast is served buffet style each morning from 6 AM - 10 AM. Fitness on-the-go enthusiasts will enjoy our exercise room, outdoor lap-size pool and sun deck.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
While it's still a couple of months away -- I am really looking forward to this DO!
Can I bunk with you again?
Old Dec 22, 2009, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by colpuck
Can I bunk with you again?
you have a PM!
Old Dec 22, 2009, 2:24 am

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Originally Posted by Mackieman
Aye, but me thinks thar might bein' a reason why she be so cheap!
I've stayed at the Ramada Central. While not downtown, it is a rather nice Ramada (I've had a number of stays throughout all of the Wyndham chains).
Old Dec 22, 2009, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
you have a PM!
Understood. I am asking only because I am running out of people I can bunk with in the city. I am down to one, and I don't want to ask him.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 2:48 pm
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Everyone is certainly free to stay where they wish, but the Sheraton is the host hotel for this event and all vendor-provided transportation will be leaving from and arriving back to it, so if you plan on staying elsewhere, be especially mindful of the schedule.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 22, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
[QUOTE=Starwood Lurker;13038084]Everyone is certainly free to stay where they wish, but the Sheraton is the host hotel for this event and all vendor-provided transportation will be leaving from and arriving back to it, so if you plan on staying elsewhere, be especially mindful of the schedule.
QUOTE]

I'm so addicted to points that I cannot imagine staying at a non-SPG hotel anymore.... eek!
Old Dec 22, 2009, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Well I just figured out how to take Friday off (although that means I have to leave Sunday afternoon), booked airline tickets (24 hours to change if need be), and then found out the Foodies tour was full.
At first I was so bummed when I found out that the Friday central Market tour was full (did not notice until today that there was additional information provided in post #4 beyond what was in Post #1) that I thought of canceling my airline tickets and waiting longer to commit.

But I decided I'm still in. I'm a Marriott person, but maybe Starwood can win me over one of these days. Anyway, love Austin, and look forward to the activities and meeting folks.

However, I have not figured out the sign up process - I notice William refers to a registration site for some of the events - where is that?
I'm interested in:
Friday Market tour waiting list (I am taking the whole day off to get there in time for it after all.)
Friday night Starwood reception.
Sat. AM - probably Bullock history tour.
Sat. afternoon - Lockhart BBQ
Sat. evening - Serrano's dinner
Old Dec 22, 2009, 6:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Yes, good to get yourself on the waitlist. Who knows, maybe someone(s) will need to drop out in the next 2 months. (Good luck to my Bestie too.)

The DO registration site is still under development.

Looking forward to seeing you (at the Ramada)!
Old Dec 22, 2009, 7:28 pm

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Originally Posted by boxo
Yes, good to get yourself on the waitlist. Who knows, maybe someone(s) will need to drop out in the next 2 months. (Good luck to my Bestie too.)

The DO registration site is still under development.

Looking forward to seeing you (at the Ramada)!
I thought you had the Barton Creek rezzie for that weekend, boxo? Are they not honoring it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.