Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Austin, Texas Mega Do - February 26 - 28, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: BEST BBQ: Of those you ate, which BBQ would you rate the "overall" best?
Kreuz's
9.38%
Black's
43.75%
Smitty's
0%
Chisholm Trail
0%
Salt Lick
46.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Austin, Texas Mega Do - February 26 - 28, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2009, 9:18 am

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
As a local I certainly am interested in attending and meeting FlyerTalkers, but I work a rotating 2 month schedule and won't find out of Feb availability until late January. I'm sure I'll be able to get in on something if I don't get a Thurs-Mon schedule, but can't be certain of what until then.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 1:08 pm

Programs: LatinPass MM, HH Diamond, NW Platinum, Delta DM MM, SPG
Yo William - I am starvin' and I think we need to meet at the 'Lick this week to help you do some more planning ... and discuss the strategy of over eating BBQ! and/OR we could meet for lunch at the Iron Works for the beef ribs for lunch this week? For an excuse to eat those beef ribs (Mrs. TexasYankee doesn't visit Flyertalk) I will even buy! Oh maybe this should have been in a PM ...

I will bring 2 vehicles if need to help with the transportation - details later.

And I volunteer to run radar interference in front of the group coach trips in order for all to have fast BBQ gratification!

With reference to the meal at the Salt Lick - tell me that you forgot to include that cobbler ala mode is part of the cost?
Old Dec 14, 2009, 1:34 pm
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by TexasYankee
Yo William - I am starvin' and I think we need to meet at the 'Lick this week to help you do some more planning ... and discuss the strategy of over eating BBQ! and/OR we could meet for lunch at the Iron Works for the beef ribs for lunch this week? For an excuse to eat those beef ribs (Mrs. TexasYankee doesn't visit Flyertalk) I will even buy! Oh maybe this should have been in a PM ...

I will bring 2 vehicles if need to help with the transportation - details later.

And I volunteer to run radar interference in front of the group coach trips in order for all to have fast BBQ gratification!
Man, if we weren't fasting for Nativity lent until Christmas day, I would love to wrap my lips around some Iron Works beef ribs. Regrettably, I'm going to have to wait until after the New Year, but I sent you a PM with another possibility.

With reference to the meal at the Salt Lick - tell me that you forgot to include that cobbler ala mode is part of the cost?
No, the meal cost doesn't include dessert, but I'm sure if anyone has enough room for cobbler a la mode there will be plenty there for purchase. Frankly, I can't remember the last time I had enough room for dessert though.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 14, 2009, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Hotel booked! Very interested in the Central Market Tour as well.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Hotel booked! Very interested in the Central Market Tour as well.
Cool. So we can move you from the Maybe/Interested category to the Confirmed category also?

Regarding the Central Market tour, that one is currently full of confirmed attendees. The only question mark is whether opushomes and MarshaB will be arriving in time to attend the tour, so I'll have to put you on the wait-list for now until that gets sorted out.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Dec 16, 2009, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My husband would be disappointed to be brought to TX and not attend whatever I attend.
Understood, and since only two of you have bothered to give an opinion, I am inclined to leave it as is. However, if I had it to do over again...

My apologies to any Platinums that won't be able to visit the CCC.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Understood, and since only two of you have bothered to give an opinion, I am inclined to leave it as is. However, if I had it to do over again...

My apologies to any Platinums that won't be able to visit the CCC.
William: I know you have a master plan, but wondering: can Mr. SanDiego1K take my +1 slot if SeeYa slides over from being my +1 to tmartazu's +1? (SeeYa's so easy that way )
Old Dec 16, 2009, 11:11 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
William: I know you have a master plan, but wondering: can Mr. SanDiego1K take my +1 slot if SeeYa slides over from being my +1 to tmartazu's +1? (SeeYa's so easy that way )
Old Dec 17, 2009, 3:52 am
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
It would be great if Upperdeck744 and I could be placed on standby for the Market Tour please
Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

As it stands now, Mr. SanDiego1K was already covered and so is SeeYa since she is now Platinum, so as far as I am concerned both yours and tamartazu's +1's are still good to go.

I am, however, going to ask anyone who registers for the CCC Tour to complete their full registration no later than January 31, 2010 or give up their RSVP to this event to someone else. The registration web site will go live no later than January 1st, so that gives anyone with an interest 31 days to do so. After that, I'm going to start contacting the folks flying stand-by to fill up the 30 available slots.

Sorry to be a hard case about that, but the logistics demand it.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Dec 17, 2009, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Noelene
It would be great if Upperdeck744 and I could be placed on standby for the Market Tour please
Thanks. This is being noted in post #4, but unless one of the confirmed folks back out, only one of you may be able to make it in if opushomes and MarshaB are unable to make it. 30 is the limit and in the conversation I had with the Central Market folks earlier today, they re-affirmed that.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Dec 17, 2009, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Thanks. This is being noted in post #4, but unless one of the confirmed folks back out, only one of you may be able to make it in if opushomes and MarshaB are unable to make it. 30 is the limit and in the conversation I had with the Central Market folks earlier today, they re-affirmed that.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
While it's still a couple of months away -- I am really looking forward to this DO!

Last edited by mnmag; Dec 17, 2009 at 2:55 pm Reason: add
Old Dec 17, 2009, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnmag
While it's still a couple of months away -- I am really looking forward to this DO!
And we are all looking forward to having ya' come down!

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Dec 17, 2009, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
And we are all looking forward to having ya' come down!

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Yep -- I'm an Austin 'virgin' -- so am up for all the BBQ other festivities!
Old Dec 17, 2009, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by mnmag
Yep -- I'm an Austin 'virgin' -- so am up for all the BBQ other festivities!
Me too. Can't wait to taste real Texas BBQ and see the other things that Texas has to offer other than the IAH airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.