Search
Old May 20, 2013, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ANC RED-EYE
Confirmed Events

Upcoming Visits

catweazle 8 November to 11 November 2018

Local Residents

Here is the list of all known ANC-based FTers. Please feel free to update this list as needed.
  • akdude
  • AKronin
  • AKScotty
  • AKSteveB
  • alaskantraveler (ANC)
  • alphaeagle (In transit?)
  • alaskamatt
  • ANC
  • ANC RED-EYE (When he's not in SAP)
  • AKDan (Kenai Peninsula)
  • beckoa
  • billscann
  • BOB W (If there's wine there is a way)
  • BoeingOrNotGoing
  • Chugach
  • ChugiakAk
  • eastwest
  • erikatcuse
  • Faralaska
  • filmdept
  • geefour907
  • HDK
  • HRHMom
  • jackal (extended vacation)
  • Jazon256
  • kajaz
  • la2jax
  • Lake_Hood
  • Legend717
  • Major G (part-time)
  • msccpa1
  • meej
  • pipeliner
  • REC1111 (Kenai Peninsula)
  • Ruthalaska
  • Seat 2A (FAI; comes through ANC often)
  • SouthAnch
  • stellertony (mostly in OAK, visits 2-3x/year)
  • wanderlove
  • warmstor
  • whereishome?
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated ANC Meet-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2008, 12:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
Sorry gang, my re-re-re-re-booked itin has me leaving for SEA at 1130 today. I love the ANC airport though - great spotting! See you all next time
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:16 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Ms. Ocn Vw 1K and I'll be in ANC and available for dinner Sun. 8/3. Jackal recommended the GlacierBrewhouse downtown and all FTers are welcome. As we're coming off of a Prince Wm. Sound cruise, meet-up time needs to be a bit flexible (between 6:30 - 7:30) depending on the timing of the Whittier Tunnel and its vagaries.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:27 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
Ms. Ocn Vw 1K and I'll be in ANC and available for dinner Sun. 8/3. Jackal recommended the GlacierBrewhouse downtown and all FTers are welcome. As we're coming off of a Prince Wm. Sound cruise, meet-up time needs to be a bit flexible (between 6:30 - 7:30) depending on the timing of the Whittier Tunnel and its vagaries.
I usually have a family dinner at my house on Sunday, but could come by for an after dinner toddy.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 3:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I have to check, but I think I get off at 6:45ish and should be able to make it- I actually forgot about this thread... but thanks to jackal...
Old Aug 2, 2008, 5:16 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Thanks, BOB W and beckoa, esp. on short notice. Look forward to seeing all who can join. Will probably be a bit after 7 at the Glacier B, since our cruise doesn't get back to Whittier til 5.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
One last bump...looks like we're meeting around 7:15-7:30 at BrewHouse. All are welcome!
Old Aug 7, 2008, 2:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Thanks, BOB W and beckoa, esp. on short notice. Look forward to seeing all who can join. Will probably be a bit after 7 at the Glacier B, since our cruise doesn't get back to Whittier til 5.
After some line-bouncing, we ended up at the Bear Tooth Grill and had a great evening. Great to meet Ocn Vw 1K and his lovely wife, and I hope the two of you had a great time in SWD, especially on Fox Island (Very cool that you overnighted). (BTW- thanks for bringing us some great weather to the ANC area!!!)
Old Aug 7, 2008, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ditto to beckoa's post!

Originally Posted by beckoa
(BTW- thanks for bringing us some great weather to the ANC area!!!)
I went outside at work today and was shocked to feel some heat from this mysterious light that came from above. I asked one of my coworkers what the big ball of fire that was up in that blue thing above was. Said it was something called a "son" (who's the dad?), and the blue thing was called a "skeye" or something. Told him I'd never heard of either one before.

Strange...
Old Aug 7, 2008, 9:25 am

Hey Jackal:
I had to change my return flight from the wilderness to arrive in ANC the late afternoon of Thursday Aug 28. Give me a PM and I'll give you flight/hotel info. I hope its a good year for the Silver Salmon.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH SEN
Anyone around the weekend of August 23?
Old Aug 22, 2008, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Nicholas will be in town Aug 23-25, and we have scheduled an early dinner for Sunday, Aug 24 (the time is not yet firm--maybe 4pm or 5pm?).

Anyone around and available to join? The location is not yet set, either...TBD! (If it's one of the downtown restaurants, remind me to make reservations this time...)
Old Aug 23, 2008, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by jackal
Nicholas will be in town Aug 23-25, and we have scheduled an early dinner for Sunday, Aug 24 (the time is not yet firm--maybe 4pm or 5pm?).

Anyone around and available to join? The location is not yet set, either...TBD! (If it's one of the downtown restaurants, remind me to make reservations this time...)
reminder

I again get off work later then earlier... otherwise I would definitely make it out there... have to check my schedule... but I think its 6-6:30 PM...
Old Aug 23, 2008, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LH SEN
beckoa, perhaps you can join us for dessert?
Old Aug 24, 2008, 1:03 am

Another update

Finally checked my schedule and work ends at 5:30 PM, so I could meet up 10-15 minutes after that depending on our final location...

let me know what happens- jackal knows where to find me
Old Sep 1, 2008, 2:03 am

We had a very nice evening visiting with Nicholas last week, enjoying great food and brew amongst the camaraderie.

I know that jackal is about to take off on his great 'Southern Equator' adventure courtesy of AS & BA... but while 'he is out' until some undisclosed time in November, many other FT'ers will be in the ANC area, and its always nice to meet up with new FT'ers (and see some old friends too) so let us know when you'll be around!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.