Reload this Page >

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by DLfan
A picture is worth a thousand words!
But only if US locates my bag that they lost on my way home!!! The DL shirt was packed! In fact, they probably saw the shirt in there and decided to mess with me.

OK, OK....I should have flown DL!!!
Old Oct 28, 2007, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Thanks again to all the organizers for a wonderful time. It was great to see old friends, some of whom I hadn't seen in person for 6 years, and meet new ones - especially the two "honorees."

This was CarlaJ's first FT Do. She had a great time; it won't be her last!
Old Oct 29, 2007, 12:25 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
We had a great time meeting many FTers on Saturday evening - thanks to everybody who helped to make this a success!

Never heard of Cholula sauce until now...will have to try some the next chance I get And I have a Cholula T-shirt to remind me...
Old Oct 29, 2007, 1:16 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by socrates
It was certainly a pleasure meeting you, I was wondering where you were last evening but I guess you did have a short flight to take back home
Who said anything about flying home? I'm on another RTW until the next weekend's Do.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 2:20 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by Punki
We were able to extend the meet with a most lovely luncheon on the upper balcony at Boston Seafood in Delray Beach with, asianrick, writetorich and alex0683. It was quite windy, but warm and sunny--just exactly the type of day that draws northerners to Florida in the winter.

After lunch we gave alex0683 a ride to MIA, on which he was most generously upgraded by writetorich for his flight back to Madrid. Exactly the kind of thoughtful act that I have seen exhibited by FlyerTalkers all around world. I will admit that there have been occasions when I have been disappointed by FlyerTalkers, but for the most part they are this truly wonderful, supportive group of folks who most often amaze me with their kindnesses.
Many thanks again, Hunki and Punki, for the ride to MIA.

Many thanks also to writetorich, who went way above and beyond the call of duty! The upgrade cleared at check-in ^, but also earned me an SSSS . Strangely enough, this ended up being a good thing - making my way through the puffer and secondary was actually much faster than the regular line or even the premium line would have been, since there was nobody else at all in the "special" line when I got there. After getting through security in just under 5 minutes (yes, only 5 minutes at MIA ), I ran into greggwiggins at the Admirals Club in MIA, with just enough time to spare for a pre-departure drink.

After a very pleasant flight across the pond in AA's new Business Class seat, I am now sitting in the Iberia Sala VIP at MAD waiting for the lounge to restock the towels they seem to have run out of so I can take a shower. I've got about 3 more hours to kill before my next flight, and the receptionist (definitely neither a dragon nor a matron in this case ) seems optimistic that they should have the problem solved by then.

I would also like to thank Dovster, MRKEY and tkey75 for putting this meet together - I had a great time.

Finally, I would like to thank BEYFlyer for making the effort to come to Florida - it was great to see you again, and I hope I can squeeze in another trip to Beirut soon. For anyone who has never been there, I urge you to go - it is a fascinating city in a beautiful country and well worth a visit!
Old Oct 29, 2007, 3:45 am

Programs: DL, NW Silver Elite, Hilton
It was really great to meet everyone!

Hope to see everyone again in the not too distant future.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 3:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I had a great time, want to thank everyone for coming -- and especially thank a certain Lebanese guy who will go nameless.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 8:36 am

Photos from PBI DO

Now available at http://picasaweb.google.com/med811/PBIDO WITH captions; at least my best guess at who they all are....
Old Oct 29, 2007, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by med81
Now available at http://picasaweb.google.com/med811/PBIDO WITH captions; at least my best guess at who they all are....
Great pix, Mark! Regarding the ?? on #68: far left ? is Kudzu (Myron), next ? is Derick, whose handle I don't recall; and my "+1" goes by CarlaJ here though she only has one post so far. (While it had nothing to do with this event, it was by coincidence about a barbecue restaurant.)
Old Oct 29, 2007, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Efrem
Great pix, Mark! Regarding the ?? on #68: far left ? is Kudzu (Myron), next ? is Derick, whose handle I don't recall; and my "+1" goes by CarlaJ here though she only has one post so far. (While it had nothing to do with this event, it was by coincidence about a barbecue restaurant.)
Thanks Efrem. Corrections have been made to the ?? entries.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the photos. Looks like a great time was had by all, and nice to put faces w/ handles.

Cheers.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Here are my pictures, there are 2 pages. If I have any names wrong or you don't want a photo to remain on the site, let me know and I'll correct/remove.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 11:17 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Thanks too for those who were able to come out to lunch Saturday!
I had to run off to Denver, but the "last and final" line on game 4
tickets didn't pan out ... but tickets for game 5 are available
Cheers,
Michael
Old Oct 29, 2007, 2:54 pm

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Heartfelt thanks to the organizers and everyone else that made this "Do" possible. Really enjoyed meeting most of you but sad I didn't get the chance to chat with every single one of you. Maybe next time when you guys come and visit Beirut... Yeah right... Thank you once again for making this a very memorable FT meeting. I'm back in Miami for a couple of days and should be heading back home on Thursday. All the best and safe travels to you all.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 3:06 pm

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
BTW, alex0683de is sitting with MaximusDamon (Alan).

Thanks for the pictures everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.