Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:11 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I have some flights on hold and just need to confirm the time off. Assuming it comes together I'm in for Friday night only, and will need to figure a way to get to and from MIA (for a non-driver).
Old Jul 14, 2007, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I have some flights on hold and just need to confirm the time off. Assuming it comes together I'm in for Friday night only, and will need to figure a way to get to and from MIA (for a non-driver).
Tri-Rail, operated by South Florida Regional Transportation Authority, can get you from either MIA or FLL to Boca Raton. In fact, the Boca train station is very close to the Embassy Suites -- a short-ish walk or a shuttle pickup by the hotel.

Check the schedules here:

http://www.tri-rail.com/schedules_fa..._schedules.htm
Old Jul 14, 2007, 1:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Tri-Rail, operated by South Florida Regional Transportation Authority, can get you from either MIA or FLL to Boca Raton. In fact, the Boca train station is very close to the Embassy Suites -- a short-ish walk or a shuttle pickup by the hotel.
Unfortunately, it has a very limited night time schedule. If it doesn't work out, you can get a shuttle to downtown Fort Lauderdale for $40 and one of us can pick you up there.

After you know arrival time, there is also a possibility that there will be a Miami resident coming to the Meet who can pick you up. Again, depending on when you want to leave, you might be able to get a ride back to the airport.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Smile I'm confirmed!

You can put me on the "confirmed" list. The flight itinerary I wanted came down in price to where I just decided to go ahead and buy it.

I will also be staying in the Embassy Suites, in Friday and out Monday.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Kathy, it was my great pleasure to do so.

We currently have 42 people on the "definite" list and 21 on the "possible" list -- and the Meet is still more than 3 months away.

I've been told the restaurant can handle 110 people on the patio so we won't have any problems until we go over that number. Still, it would be best for everyone to let us know as early as possible if they plan on being there, just in case we have to make a switch to a larger place.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 3:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
You can put me on the "confirmed" list. The flight itinerary I wanted came down in price to where I just decided to go ahead and buy it.

I will also be staying in the Embassy Suites, in Friday and out Monday.
Kathy... ! That's two DO's that I'll be at that you've confirmed today.

It'll be great to see you again!
Old Jul 14, 2007, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
Put myself and Mrs. OrlandoFlyer on the confirmed list please.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 6:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Check the schedules here:

http://www.tri-rail.com/schedules_fa..._schedules.htm
Thanks Kathy Wdrf. That looks fairly easy. My flight arrives around 11am so plenty of options for the train (and also for the flight out).
Old Jul 14, 2007, 6:47 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by socrates
Event Name: Flyertalk-PBI/FLL DO

Event Summary
Hotel
Embassy Suites Boca Raton
661 Northwest 53rd St
Boca Raton, FL
United States, 33487
Tel: 1-561-994-8200
Fax: 1-561-994-9518

Group Code:
CES603

Guest Rooms
Check-in Date:
25 Oct 2007
Check-out Date:
31 Oct 2007

Group Rate $117

http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/h...tyhocn=BCTNWES

Sorry smokers it was more expensive for a smoking room than a non-smoking so I only reserved non-smoking and will email them next week
Friday night's ordinary rates are $90 pre-pay and $100 fully flexible.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

OrlandoFlyer, welcome aboard!

Kiwi Flyer, I have just put you on the "Definite" list but for Friday night only. Is that correct?
Old Jul 14, 2007, 8:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by Dovster
Kiwi Flyer, I have just put you on the "Definite" list but for Friday night only. Is that correct?
I'm almost definite, so that will do. Unfortunately I can't stay for Saturday night.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 1:40 pm

I have been holding off posting because my sched can change like the wind and I feel really stupid saying that I will come and then canceling when work throws me a curve ball.

Here is my situation, I am free Friday night to meetup at the Embassy and hang for a bit but the rest of the weekend I am fairly busy with work and would be unable to attend any of the other events.

The project that I am working is a FL based project, thus I am somewhat local at the moment.

Dan
Old Jul 15, 2007, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dan1431
I am free Friday night to meetup at the Embassy and hang for a bit but the rest of the weekend I am fairly busy with work and would be unable to attend any of the other events.
Dan, we'll take what we can get and look forward to seeing you for Friday drinks.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 5:20 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Put me on the "maybe" list - sounds like a perfect fall Florida MR do...
Old Jul 15, 2007, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FCYTravis
Put me on the "maybe" list - sounds like a perfect fall Florida MR do...
Done -- and I agree with you: if you going to spend all that time in the air, it is much better to have an enjoyable reason in addition to chalking up the mileage.

I hope it works out and you wind up at the Meet.

Last edited by Dovster; Jul 15, 2007 at 10:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.