Wiki Posts
Search

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2007, 7:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
pbjag, it was an immense pleasure for me to update the "definite" list in order to add your name.

As a local resident, you won't run into any problems but I have a feeling that those flying down should make their hotel reservations ASAP -- before they find out there is no room at any of the inns in town.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 9:36 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
The Meet is a ways off yet but I think we should start to address how Dovster and BEYFlyer meet each other for the first time.

I'm thinking it needs to be ceremonial rather than just, for example, meeting for the first time in the Men's Room.

Anybody have any thoughts?
Old Jul 7, 2007, 9:41 am
Original Poster

There are two traditional ways that men from different Middle East countries greet each other.

The first is to start shooting. The second is to embrace and kiss each other on both cheeks.

I think that I can speak for both BEYFlyer and myself and say that we will pass on these and instead shake hands before toasting with Bacardi and Cokes.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 3:44 pm

Programs: United Milage Plus, Alaska Airlines Milage Plan, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Dovster
okflyer, you have been officially "possiblized".

(For those unaware of it, while quite a few FTers have met the UIG, okflyer is one of the few to actually have been in her Lugano house. Unfortunately for him, instead of her being there at the time, I was.)
Dovster, Finally have had time to check back on FT and this tread.

The UIG had a great House ^^ in beautiful Lugano, even thought I never met her in person. Will she show up at this meet in any way?

Are still working on the particulars of how to get to FLL and where to stay when there.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

No, the UIG will not be there. This, of course, comes as tragic news to all the other women who will be in attendance.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Put me on the interested list.

It's really not too expensive to go down there sat back up sunday...

I can bring a cheesesteak from Jim's if you want, Dovster
Old Jul 7, 2007, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by civicmon

I can bring a cheesesteak from Jim's if you want, Dovster
I used to love the cheesesteaks that were being sold out of the van parked in front of the Philadelphia Bulletin, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it has found a new location.

You are now officially on our "possible" list. Hopefully you will be promoted soon.

You want a cheap round trip? From Orbitz:

AirTran 753: PHL-FLL, departs 11:10 am on the 26th, arrives 1:52 pm.

For your return on Sunday, there are two AirTran choices: one leaves at 12:28 pm and the other at 6:26 pm. All flights are non-stop and cost $98 + $25 in taxes r/t.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 2:16 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Originally Posted by Dovster[/b
There are two traditional ways that men from different Middle East countries greet each other.

The first is to start shooting. The second is to embrace and kiss each other on both cheeks.

I think that I can speak for both BEYFlyer and myself and say that we will pass on these and instead shake hands before toasting with Bacardi and Cokes.
Yeah... The whole shooting thing I'm not really too keen on but then again ... Kissing?!?!? I mean, we "know" each other, but we don't really "know" each other, if you know what I mean ... I'll stick with a gin (Bombay) and tonic with a twist of lime if you don't mind

Last edited by BEYFlyer; Jul 9, 2007 at 4:58 am
Old Jul 9, 2007, 3:35 am

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by chrissxb
folks, are you sure we're still on topic for this thread or do we need to start moving posts to somewhere else?

regards

chrissxb
co-moderator
communitybuz!!
Guys,

Unfortunately, some of you chose to ignore the reminder chrissxb had posted into the thread. As a result, I've had to delete a number of off-topic posts on the thread this morning. As another reminder, the thread topic is
Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28

If you wish to chat, please do so in an appropriate place.

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz!
Old Jul 9, 2007, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jenbel

If you wish to chat, please do so in an appropriate place.

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz!

If you have any off topic comments you want to make, please post them in The Delta Forum Lounge Thread.

Everyone is welcome there, even if you have never posted on it before or haven't taken a Delta flight in your life.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
I used to love the cheesesteaks that were being sold out of the van parked in front of the Philadelphia Bulletin, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it has found a new location.

You are now officially on our "possible" list. Hopefully you will be promoted soon.

You want a cheap round trip? From Orbitz:

AirTran 753: PHL-FLL, departs 11:10 am on the 26th, arrives 1:52 pm.

For your return on Sunday, there are two AirTran choices: one leaves at 12:28 pm and the other at 6:26 pm. All flights are non-stop and cost $98 + $25 in taxes r/t.
Hmm Phila Bulletin is before my time I tried to head to Jim's on South St but they were closed (this was at 11pm).

I did check the orbitz fares before I posted here. It is what put me into the "interested" mode. Fares from PHL to SoFla are usually very reasonable so I figure I'll just wait until august/sept to see.

There's a lot of people who are confirmed that I have wanted to meet. Seems like a good location as far as the restaurant is concerned and I've been wanting to kill a little time in Florida for a bit.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
If you have any off topic comments you want to make, please post them in The Delta Forum Lounge Thread.

Everyone is welcome there, even if you have never posted on it before or haven't taken a Delta flight in your life.
Some of us refuse to enter the DL forums....but none the less in the spirit of keeping this thread on topic please put me down as a confirmed P Fare attendee of the DO

PS I haven't checked where we are at with our room block lately but if anyone does have an issue getting rooms at the Embassy please let me know
Old Jul 10, 2007, 7:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt

Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Yeah... The whole shooting thing I'm not really too keen on but then again ... Kissing?!?!? I mean, we "know" each other, but we don't really "know" each other, if you know what I mean ... I'll stick with a gin (Bombay) and tonic with a twist of lime if you don't mind
Hmmm, sounds like I'd better plan on bringing a bottle of Dogfish Head Gin for BEYFlyer and a bottle of Dogfish Head Rum for Dovster.

Yes, it IS good to have a friend who owns a distillery.

Dov, do you prefer dark or white rums? Or will "wet" suffice?
Old Jul 10, 2007, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by greggwiggins

Dov, do you prefer dark or white rums? Or will "wet" suffice?
Good question. With Bacardi, I prefer the silver but I have always enjoyed the dark Mount Gay Rum.

I am not certain that bringing bottles is a good idea. Keep in mind that you can not put them in your hand luggage and checked luggage tends to get flung around quite a bit.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
....And for anyone who may not yet realize this, the Embassy Suites Boca Raton (Do Central) has a free happy hour, so you can "buy" drinks for Dov & BEY for nothing! (At least during certain hours.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.