Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2007, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Dovster
Sorry, Punki. BEY and I had enough rockets being launched last year. We don't need any more.
But this one would be going away from you.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 6:02 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
I just saw Dovster's message on last year's "battlefield" thread, so I hurried on over to this one.

Dovster, BEYFlyer, it would be great to see you both again. Please put me down as a maybe for this one - perhaps I'll get to take advantage of LH's introductory offer for their new FRA-MCO flight starting up in October.

I'll let you know one way or the other once we get a little closer to the actual date.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 6:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Alex, you are now on the "possible" list and it would be great to see you again!

I don't know if you are familiar with Florida, but MCO-Boca Raton is a rather long drive. It would be much better if you can get a connection to PBI, FLL, or even MIA.

I'm looking forward to moving you up to the "definite" list.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 7:15 am

Programs: DL, NW Silver Elite, Hilton
^I've been away from the computer a little while, and check in this morning to see that BEY will be there---this is great news!!^
Old Jul 5, 2007, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aucarol
^I've been away from the computer a little while, and check in this morning to see that BEY will be there---this is great news!!^

It is, indeed. And, as scoow had said that she would be attending if BEYFlyer did, she was also moved up to the "definite" list.

I am now living in fear of losing two of my concubines to him.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 9:14 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Alex, you are now on the "possible" list and it would be great to see you again!

I don't know if you are familiar with Florida, but MCO-Boca Raton is a rather long drive. It would be much better if you can get a connection to PBI, FLL, or even MIA.

I'm looking forward to moving you up to the "definite" list.

I've done the reverse of that drive before (Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando), though many years ago and on the backseat with my father doing the driving. It's not that bad, and I would have worked in a visit with friends near Orlando in that case. But as it turns out, I was mistaken about the date on which Lufthansa will start their FRA-MCO flights, it's October 30th, rather too late for this meet. I'm now looking into FRA-MIA instead, but it's pricing out a good bit higher than the 465€ all-in special introductory fare for FRA-MCO-FRA (valid from Oct. 30 to mid-December, in case anyone is interested).

I'll think of something creative and get back to you.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 9:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Maybe you should change the title to read Dov and BEY meet so everyone gets the message. The locked thread will soon fall off the front page and no one will see it anymore.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 10:12 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Punki
Maybe you should change the title to read Dov and BEY meet so everyone gets the message. The locked thread will soon fall off the front page and no one will see it anymore.
Or at least add it to the end of the existing title.

I'm also going to see if I can get the thread and the Dov/Bey Meet mentioned in the next TalkMail.

Last edited by Cholula; Jul 5, 2007 at 10:20 am Reason: typo........
Old Jul 5, 2007, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Punki, somebody else suggested that to me yesterday.

I nixed the idea because the Meet is not just about the two of us. It was planned long before I knew that BEYFlyer would be able to come and, like all other meets, it is to celebrate our entire community not two members of it.

You are right, however, that more people will probably want to come if they know that BEY and I are finally meeting there. That is why, in addition to posting it on the "Scoops" thread, I have added that fact to my signature.

BEYFlyer and Cholula have done the same thing and anyone else who wants to plug the Meet is welcome to do so. After all, the more the merrier!
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:20 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

Please add my name as a possible to attend. When the conflict was ending, i flew to Amman and was plotting a same day trip both into see Dov and then to see BEY but things were still a little unsettled and flights to and from Beirut were yet to fully resume allowing me the ability to same day my plans, so i drove along the Dead Sea just to peak in on our friend. Anyway, it will be my great pleasure to see both of them across from each other and look forward to trying very hard to attend this Do.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I already see 2 conflicts in my calendar. But with so many interesting FTers planning to attend, I will have to make a special effort. Please add BamaVol and Mrs BamaVol to the list of possibles. Do not seat Mrs BamaVol within an octopuses arms reach of Dovster, however. If he loses 2 concubines at 1 do, it could get ugly.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Randy, it would be great to have you join us and I will throw in a bonus award if you make it (this is, after all, FlyerTalk). Do you remember that American flag which flew outside my house for the duration of the fighting? If you are in Boca, I would like to give it to you for your collection of FlyerTalk memorabilia.

BamaVol, I will have you know that I am a true gentleman and would never, ever, think of hitting on your wife -- not, at least, while you are anywhere around.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club

BamaVol, I will have you know that I am a true gentleman and would never, ever, think of hitting on your wife -- not, at least, while you are anywhere around.
I will wear insane astronaut diapers if necessary.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 3:57 am
Original Poster

You are all invited to read the newly-revised first post of this thread (to make certain that you have not been libeled.)
Old Jul 6, 2007, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
No libel for me.

I feel so left out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.