Wiki Posts
Search

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2007, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by aucarol
Oops------ya know tkey, I'm glad you pointed out my "questionable" post. I had kind of figured goalie was a guy...and now reading my post again it looks as though I'm telling him Dov is offering him "an affair to remember!!"

Let me begin again: FLL looks like it's shaping up to be a great time had by all!! Dov keeps telling ME that he'd like to make it "an affair to remember" with me and him! Whew. I think that's about the jest of it all. =)

I needed a good laugh. I'm having a lame day of work.
Old May 1, 2007, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL, NW Silver Elite, Hilton
Originally Posted by tkey75

Lame-o day, huh? At least you won't have too many more of those at your current job----always exciting to venture into something new!
Old May 1, 2007, 12:36 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Here's hoping you can make it goalie! Looks like it's gonna be quite an affair. (Dov insists that it would definately be an affair to remember...)
Carol - are you saying you'll take care of that personally for Goalie? Or were you suggesting Dov is going to handle it? Goalie's a guy, ya know.
Oops------ya know tkey, I'm glad you pointed out my "questionable" post. I had kind of figured goalie was a guy...and now reading my post again it looks as though I'm telling him Dov is offering him "an affair to remember!!"

Let me begin again: FLL looks like it's shaping up to be a great time had by all!! Dov keeps telling ME that he'd like to make it "an affair to remember" with me and him! Whew. I think that's about the jest of it all. =)

thanks folks-if what you just posted is any indication of what the w/e will be like....... and just to confirm what you already knew-having what's left of a bad hair day : http://gallery.flyertalk.com/gallery...Gallery/goalie
Old May 1, 2007, 12:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
FLL looks like it's shaping up to be a great time had by all!! Dov keeps telling ME that he'd like to make it "an affair to remember" with me and him! Whew. I think that's about the jest of it all. =)
I think some clarification is in order.

I told Aucarol that I would have affairs with 6 different women -- which would make it a great time for me.

I also told her that she would not be one of those 6 -- which would make it a great time for her.
Old May 1, 2007, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goalie
thanks folks-if what you just posted is any indication of what the w/e will be like....... and just to confirm what you already knew-having what's left of a bad hair day : http://gallery.flyertalk.com/gallery...Gallery/goalie
Hehe. And if that keg your kneeling next to in that pic is any indication...

You should definitely stop by the Delta Forum and check into the Lounge™. You don't even need to be Flying Delta that day, or be flying at all. You will never be asked to take off your shoes to gain access.
Old May 1, 2007, 1:04 pm

I think you should bring that keg with you, goalie. I think I'll need it...Dov just told me I wouldn't be one of his women in FLL!! And when you can't even get Dov to have ya, then it's time for a big ole drink!
Old May 1, 2007, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

when you can't even get Dov to have ya
I thought that was the way you wanted it.

Why else would you make me sign an oath -- in blood! -- that I wouldn't get closer than 5 yards to you?
Old May 1, 2007, 2:05 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I think you should bring that keg with you, goalie. I think I'll need it...Dov just told me I wouldn't be one of his women in FLL!! And when you can't even get Dov to have ya, then it's time for a big ole drink!
sadly, the "stanley keg" is won empty (tho the drinking does come afterwards ). now if i can make it, but where i have a feeling that the wonderful folks at the tsa will probably make me check the keg, how 'bout i just buy a round or two .
Old May 1, 2007, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster
I thought that was the way you wanted it.

Why else would you make me sign an oath -- in blood! -- that I wouldn't get closer than 5 yards to you?
Oh. I'd forgotten that. That was when I was alone with you in your ATL hotel. Whew. I feel better. Although as the meet draws closer we may have to draw up another one, just in case.

Originally Posted by goalie
sadly, the "stanley keg" is won empty (tho the drinking does come afterwards ). now if i can make it, but where i have a feeling that the wonderful folks at the tsa will probably make me check the keg, how 'bout i just buy a round or two .
That sounds like a good plan....you're gonna fit in quite nicely.
Old May 2, 2007, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

We have had a tradition at past PBI-FLL Meets that I am inclined to continue but would like some input from you.

We have had doorprizes that work like this:

1. Everybody brings a prize. There is no dollar value set (or even suggested). Indeed, one of the best prizes I ever got was a freebie set of pajamas that somebody had been given when they flew AF in FC.

There are, however, a few requirements: The prize you bring should in some way reflect you. It can be something from your country (or state or city), something from the airline you prefer, something that reflects your profession or hobby -- that is up to you.

Also, it can not be liquid or too heavy or easily breakable (remember, most of us are flying back from the Meet).

2. The prizes are put out at a table at the Big Dinner and names are thrown into a hat. Everybody's name goes in -- even if he forgot to bring a prize. If a couple attend, both of their names go in (and, hopefully, each will bring a prize).

3. The names are drawn. While everybody will get a prize, it will be on the basis of "first drawn gets first choice". To make certain that nobody goes home without a prize (even if some people forget to bring them) I will bring a few extra from Israel.

What do you think? Should we do it again this year? (If possible, please answer in the next 12 hours -- I will be going to Acre tomorrow and can get some very interesting prizes there.)
Old May 2, 2007, 1:05 pm

I think that would be a great idea, Dov.....
Old May 2, 2007, 1:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
What do you think? Should we do it again this year?
Works for us.
Old May 2, 2007, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It worked out great last year and was a lot of fun. There were more than enough prizes on the table. IIRC, we started a second round before all the things were claimed. I still laugh every day at my canned kangaroo! Thanks, Oz
Old May 2, 2007, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
We have had a tradition at past PBI-FLL Meets that I am inclined to continue but would like some input from you.

We have had doorprizes that work like this:

1. Everybody brings a prize. There is no dollar value set (or even suggested). Indeed, one of the best prizes I ever got was a freebie set of pajamas that somebody had been given when they flew AF in FC.

There are, however, a few requirements: The prize you bring should in some way reflect you. It can be something from your country (or state or city), something from the airline you prefer, something that reflects your profession or hobby -- that is up to you.

Also, it can not be liquid or too heavy or easily breakable (remember, most of us are flying back from the Meet).

2. The prizes are put out at a table at the Big Dinner and names are thrown into a hat. Everybody's name goes in -- even if he forgot to bring a prize. If a couple attend, both of their names go in (and, hopefully, each will bring a prize).

3. The names are drawn. While everybody will get a prize, it will be on the basis of "first drawn gets first choice". To make certain that nobody goes home without a prize (even if some people forget to bring them) I will bring a few extra from Israel.

What do you think? Should we do it again this year? (If possible, please answer in the next 12 hours -- I will be going to Acre tomorrow and can get some very interesting prizes there.)
Yep, always a great part of the do
Old May 3, 2007, 7:25 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
I picked up this fancy looking can opener at the last Do. Let's see what I'll go home with this time
(and let's hope it won't be a can of whoop ... )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.