Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2007, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Nice to meet some old friends and make some new ones. I'm sorry I missed you all today. Woke up just in time to check out and rush across to catch the tri-rail. Currently in MIA waiting for my flight.

It was certainly a pleasure meeting you, I was wondering where you were last evening but I guess you did have a short flight to take back home
Old Oct 28, 2007, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Punki
It is over so quickly. The problem with big DOs is that there are so many nice people that you just don't have time to talk to them all.

Hopefully we will see some of you at lunch today.
I agree Punki...there is so many terrific people but this one was extra special for some reason-so many of the folks from the PBI/FLL DO 1 were in attendence this year...it was terrific seeing everyone

Soc

PS I post this from the CRC in PBI-turns out NWA wanted me to sit here for 3 hours and in exchange they agreed to confirm me in P on DL and give me $100/hour....I asked the gate agent where I could sign up for this new job full time
Old Oct 28, 2007, 12:32 pm

Greetings from gate C1 at PBI. Thanks to GJ83 for the ride on Friday from FLL to the ES and to DLflyer for the ride to lunch and PBI this afternoon. I have quite a few pictures I am going to try to get on the web where they can be seen by others; and yes SkiAdcock, I am working on labeling them with names. It was nice to meet some of the many people in person who I have enjoyed reading posts from for almost a year.

Mark
Old Oct 28, 2007, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by med81
Greetings from gate C1 at PBI. Thanks to GJ83 for the ride on Friday from FLL to the ES and to DLflyer for the ride to lunch and PBI this afternoon. I have quite a few pictures I am going to try to get on the web where they can be seen by others; and yes SkiAdcock, I am working on labeling them with names. It was nice to meet some of the many people in person who I have enjoyed reading posts from for almost a year.

Mark
Hey - come to the CRC and have me paged, I'll get you in as my guest
Old Oct 28, 2007, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Thank you MRKEY, Dov and tkey75 for all the organizing you did for this meet! And many thanks to Dov and BEY for attending, it was great seeing you all again and meeting new folks! When is the Fifth Annual PBI-FLL Meet? ^

I'll post pics after a nap.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 6:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Several of you have sent me PMs and are, undoubtedly, wondering why I haven't replied. The reason is simple: I am working with a wi fi connection that takes forever (it was about 15 minutes loading this thread).

I should be in a better position tomorrow and will get back to you then.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 6:55 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
I'm so glad to hear everyone had such a great time. Sorry I missed this one. Was in Wva visiting jimcfsus along with boeingboy & joining us for lunch on the way back the lovely me4yankees
Old Oct 28, 2007, 6:57 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
One other thing did enjoy a nice but however brief visit with ss255 as she passed through CLT on Fr
Old Oct 28, 2007, 7:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Dovster
I should be in a better position tomorrow
Or at least in a different position.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
We were able to extend the meet with a most lovely luncheon on the upper balcony at Boston Seafood in Delray Beach with, asianrick, writetorich and alex0683. It was quite windy, but warm and sunny--just exactly the type of day that draws northerners to Florida in the winter.

After lunch we gave alex0683 a ride to MIA, on which he was most generously upgraded by writetorich for his flight back to Madrid. Exactly the kind of thoughtful act that I have seen exhibited by FlyerTalkers all around world. I will admit that there have been occasions when I have been disappointed by FlyerTalkers, but for the most part they are this truly wonderful, supportive group of folks who most often amaze me with their kindnesses.

Speaking of kindnesses, my friend braefoot surprised me with a can of my favorite Elnett hair spray from Europe. How cool is that?

And now, for the $64,000.00 question--where was Randy? We all know that his plan to make the DO immediately after his trip to Australia was ambitious, to say the least. I am just hoping that he just very tired and went home and slept for the weekend, as opposed to catching that nasty flu that has been going around. In any event, he was very much missed.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 8:34 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
The diminishing French cousin & some very nice rum left behind by Kiwi are in room 499.

Please bring a glass (& mixer if your choice is the rum).
I wonder if the reason why not many showed up to the afterparty is because you put down the wrong room number? Wasn't 449?

Regardless, thanks for the invite and the cognac. Had some interesting discussions there.

Hope you guys make it down to Key West safely and have a nice trip down there!
Old Oct 28, 2007, 8:42 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by Punki
We were able to extend the meet with a most lovely luncheon on the upper balcony at Boston Seafood in Delray Beach with, asianrick, writetorich and alex0683. It was quite windy, but warm and sunny--just exactly the type of day that draws northerners to Florida in the winter.
I'm glad you guys approved of my choice to take you to Boston's on the Beach.
I figured being on the upperdeck, you'll appreciate the beautiful scenery. Thank you for the company and I'm happy you got your bracelet back.

After you, Hunki and alex0683de left to go south, writetorich and I took a leisure drive north on A1A. Then we stopped by the famous Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach. I made it to PBI to drop off Rich with about 30 mts to spare before his flight.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Unhappy Sorry about that!

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
I wonder if the reason why not many showed up to the afterparty is because you put down the wrong room number? Wasn't 449?

Regardless, thanks for the invite and the cognac. Had some interesting discussions there.

Hope you guys make it down to Key West safely and have a nice trip down there!
One digit was repeated twice, I got the proportions right.

If I screw up like that next time send a PM or email, we were using my laptop almost constantly, several people have my cell #, tgere was eveb a super moderator on hand who could have ducked into a phone booth, put on his cape & saved the day.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:00 pm

Thanks to everyone who put in such good work to make this event successful.

I had an honest waiter who I gave a $50 (thinking it was a 20) and a $20 (total $70) for a bill under $40, and I started to walk away. He promptly stopped me and handed the money back so I could correct the error.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SS255
And for all of you DL flyers (and especially DLFan): I will proudly wear my new DL t-shirt at the next US Airways FFOCUS (www.ffocus.org) gathering!!!
A picture is worth a thousand words!

Originally Posted by dedehans
Back in Vero Beach.....thanks and Kudos to all who arranged this DO and it was wonderful to see old friends and make new ones.
Really enjoyed meeting you Dedehans and I'm glad you made it back home safely. I thought about you as I drove through Vero Beach today.

Originally Posted by socrates
I agree Punki...there is so many terrific people but this one was extra special for some reason-so many of the folks from the PBI/FLL DO 1 were in attendence this year...it was terrific seeing everyone
Agreed! I hope it won't be another four years before I see you again!

Originally Posted by med81
Greetings from gate C1 at PBI. Thanks to GJ83 for the ride on Friday from FLL to the ES and to DLflyer for the ride to lunch and PBI this afternoon.
No problem...I enjoyed the company! Hope to see you again very soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.