Reload this Page >

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2007, 12:20 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by Cholula
Just busting your chops, Rick.

And, BTW, it was my distinct pleasure to finally meet you tonight. You’re the class act that everybody said you were.
Ah, gotcha

And thanks for the comment! It was nice to finally meet you ^
Old Oct 27, 2007, 4:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Boxo,

Please bring the travelog tonigh so that we can sign it.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:43 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
I enjoyed meeting everyone last night. The Dovster Awards were the topper!.
Don't worry about name tags as I'll have plenty more with me tonight at the ES and at Lucille's. We will have room for 3 people in the Key mobile should anybody require a ride. See you all at Happy Hour!
Old Oct 27, 2007, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by Cholula
But a half-dozen of us did close it down and gossiped about the FT’ers who weren’t in the bar tonight so it wasn’t a total loss.
I'm still at home reading flyertalk. I'll be there about 4pm... where will everyone be at that time? Napping or in the bar?
Old Oct 27, 2007, 9:27 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Traveller
I'm still at home reading flyertalk.
Well then get to Boca and start living Flyertalk.

Originally Posted by Traveller
I'll be there about 4pm... where will everyone be at that time? Napping or in the bar?

Probably napping in the bar.

I think the plan is that we all meet at the manager’s reception cocktail area from 5:30 until 6:45 or so and then head over to Lucille’s.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
We spent the night at the Embassy Suites in Deerfield Beach, in a lovely room overlooking the ocean. The Embassy Suites in Boca was sold out last night but we do have a room there tonight. We will be moving over there in about an hour or so if they have a room ready, and then going down to the Elks in Pompano Beach where we hear they have dancing on Saturday afternoons. We can take two guests if anybody want to check out the action of the AARP crowd.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Cell modem access in the hotel

If you're using EDGE/GPRS, normal practice is to move towards a window if the signal is weak.

Move towards the center of the hotel. T-Mobile must have a repeater or base station in the atrium.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I'm leaving now, it's 1:30pm. It's about 130 miles so I should be there in about 2 hrs unless I don't stop to shop... I'm glad I'm already PM for next year so I don't have to fly MLB-PBI by way of WAS, LON or NYC.

See you all soon!
Old Oct 27, 2007, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Dinner tonight is at 7 pm at Lucille's Bad to the Bone. We will have the patio to ourselves and, as announced earlier, each person/couple is free to order anything on the menu and is responsible for paying his/their own bill (including tip).

Driving instructions: Take I-95 to the Linten Avenue Exit (this is north of Boca and the Embassy Suites). Go East on Linten and shortly after you cross Route 1 (Federal Highway) you will see Lucille's on your right.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 12:09 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by Dovster
Driving instructions: Take I-95 to the Linten Avenue Exit (this is north of Boca and the Embassy Suites). Go East on Linten and shortly after you cross Route 1 (Federal Highway) you will see Lucille's on your right.
I'd like to help correct this info, being one of the locals

The I-95 exit is called Linton Blvd, which is 2 exits north of the Yamato Rd exit. And when you head East, the restaurant is BEFORE US1 (also known as Federal Hwy). It will be on the right side of the road, after Pollo Tropical.

Edit: Here's the direction using Google Map.

Dov, I hope you paid extra to have a GPS system in the rental ... j/k!

Last edited by aSiAnRiCk; Oct 27, 2007 at 12:21 pm
Old Oct 27, 2007, 1:05 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Nice to meet some old friends and make some new ones. I'm sorry I missed you all today. Woke up just in time to check out and rush across to catch the tri-rail. Currently in MIA waiting for my flight.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 1:05 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
Dov, I hope you paid extra to have a GPS system in the rental ... j/k!
The GPS wasn't much good for BEYFlyer last night
Old Oct 27, 2007, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
We just arrived. Sorry to have missed you Kiwi FLyer.

I brought the copy of "Night Over Water" that you contributed to the gift exchange in Tel Aviv, to put back into the gift exchange tonight. I was hoping you would sign it, as I will, and make it a FlyerTalk tradition to pass it on.

It is exactly the type of story that a FlyerTalker should be reading on a long flight across the ocean.

Sadly, we did not get the Presidential Suite this year. Did somebody else from our group get it so they could host the party this year?
Old Oct 27, 2007, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Confirming that Traveller arrived safe and sound, and is chillin' in the Presidential Suite.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:13 pm

Photos

Some PBI DO photos from Friday night...
http://www.hoorray.com/sharedPhotos_...LnxU0qg%2B02nO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.