Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fourth Annual PBI-FLL Meet: Oct 26-28, 2007

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2007, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
I'm about to drive to MIA to pick up braefoot and her sister. Wish me a light traffic please

Can't wait to see most of you tomorrow! ^
I'm wishing aweful hard but it is SE FL in the afternoon so I doubt it'll do any good
Old Oct 25, 2007, 2:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Just arrived at the Embassy Suites after a leisurely four hour drive from the Sarasota area via Alligator Alley.

Weather is overcast and a bit humid, as usual, but cooler than it’s been for the last few days.

Look forward to seeing everyone who is arriving over the next 24-36 hours.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by socrates
Well it's only fitting since I'm starting only 500 miles north of my destination (nothing like flying 600 miles north to fly 1100 south)
The guy who'll be flying from DCA to LGA to catch his flight to FLL agrees, even if it's not as much of a miles-building experience as yours.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I was just given the unhappy news that Blind Squirrel will be unable to join us. He will be very badly missed by all of us who know him personally and the rest of you will be deprived of the opportunity to meet a very interesting person.

His "Dovster" award will be given to him when I meet with him privately.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greggwiggins
The guy who'll be flying from DCA to LGA to catch his flight to FLL agrees, even if it's not as much of a miles-building experience as yours.
too bad I'm not doing it for the miles (yes that's correct..I'm a bad FT'er...I have my status already for next year so extra miles/segments get me nothing for the rest of this year)

PS I am south of you, going about as far north but further west than you
Old Oct 25, 2007, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by Cholula
Weather is overcast and a bit humid, as usual, but cooler than it’s been for the last few days.
It's 50 and raining here. I'll take Florida's humid and 'cooler'!

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scoow
It's 50 and raining here. I'll take Florida's humid and 'cooler'!

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.
me too...I ventured north this morning on my trek down south...overnighting in BWI - burrrrrrr....I guess you could call me a southerner now (it was 70 when I left the south at 5am this morning)

Soc

PS for you long time southerners do I have to start saying "u'sins, haws, yall" now that I'm a southerner?
Old Oct 25, 2007, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL, AA
me too...I ventured north this morning on my trek down south...overnighting in BWI - burrrrrrr....I guess you could call me a southerner now (it was 70 when I left the south at 5am this morning)

Soc

PS for you long time southerners do I have to start saying "u'sins, haws, yall" now that I'm a southerner?
What do you mean start? Doesn't everyone talk that way?
Old Oct 25, 2007, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
Unfortunately I and Ms Orlandoflyer will not be able to attend so please remove us from the definite list. Sorry for the late cancellation but unavoidable.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont
Only a few hours until my flight leaves. I will be arriving alone on NW. My friend had to cancel. It would be nice if there was some one else arriving FLL tomorrow afternoon to meet up with. I will take the train and should be at the hotel by 2 pm if I don't get lost. dawn
Old Oct 25, 2007, 6:02 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Saturday lunch near PBI
Now it looks like Don Ramon's on S. Military Trail.

Last edited by violist; Oct 26, 2007 at 6:35 am Reason: change of venue
Old Oct 25, 2007, 6:16 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Just arrived, going to head towards the bar to see if I recognize anyone. If not many have my cell phone, please call me and tell me wehre you are hiding tonight.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Wishing you all a great BEYFlyer-Dovster weekend; Randy is hopefully en route and yes, we toasted you last night as we recalled our great night out at Cafe Sydney with BEYFlyer last year.

Salut and Slainte!

Last edited by BiziBB; Oct 25, 2007 at 8:50 pm
Old Oct 25, 2007, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Richard hasnt been with DL long enough to make it acceptable to the discerning skyteam elites...on the other hand NWA doesnt enhance their "low yield markets" like some skyteam partners do....so I expect my breakfast to include eggs & meat (unlike the cup of fruit served as breakfast by that other airline in low yield markets)
Likewise we are looking forward to some dead animals on our plates on NW midday tomorrow, arriving at FLL at 2:50 p.m. if we can't somehow manage to be bumped.

I did catch up with one of my French cousins this afternoon. Martell had to cancel, well that's being charitable, the jerk was nowhere to be found, but another one of my snobby French relations is in the bag for the trip.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 5:37 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
We will head south from Vero after lunch.....hopefully the wet weather front will have dissapated down there in SOFLA.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.