Search

Boycott the Vote!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2006, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by empedocles

This may be more appropriate...
Neither board references in your post are "appropriate" as I had absolutely zippo to do with founding either, and both were established before I even knew of either. I'd appreciate you editing your post accordingly.

Using those as references is about as "appropriate" (or relevant) as me posting that you were a very active member of www.tireflock.com when it had a VERY different role - as a very anti-FT Bulletin board.

You know what happened to that nasty place, and you know why. And you know who initiated its immediate demise and removal from the web. So please stick to FACTS before posting falsehoods.

They may backfire on you. @:-)

Glen

Last edited by ozstamps; Nov 14, 2006 at 10:21 am Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 14, 2006, 10:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Neither board references are "appropriate" as I had absolutely zippo to do with founding either and both were well established before I knew of either.

Using those are references is about as "appropriate" as me posting you were a very active member of www.tireflock.com

You know what happened to that nasty place, and you know why. And you know who initiated its immediate demise and removal from the web. So please stick to FACTS before posting falsehoods.

empedocles is running in this election while you are not, right? It's amusing when candidates are moving the spotlight to non-candidates in this election, especially when some of those very same candidates didn't answer my question about which FTers they'd vote for if such FTers were to be running this time and why they'd vote for them.

There's still time to answer my question, even if there's no time to get my vote this time.

Now that there's a lot of hoopla here ... time for me to move back to miles and points.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Moving back into election mode from do mode (and trying to catch this thread before it wanders off too far into the surreal - although I think I could be too late ), I like the avatars. To go into a forum, and be met by an absolute sea of them is fantastic - I certainly haven't noticed any lack of interest in the TB election, perhaps those who have haven't been frequenting the right forums And also, it's confirmation to me that in post-do exhaustion-haze, I have actually remembered to vote

I've got to say I'm afraid I don't understand the concerns of those who don't want to advertise they have voted. Since there is an option to get around it though - which has been fully explored in this thread - I would hope it would help resolved some of those concerns.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 10:26 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
All I can say is wow

I saw people with the new avatar, and being the meddling fool that I am, saw that the avatars were available in the options. So I decided to vote, and I even changed the avatar.

But people having the same avatars (2, and none) is boring, so I turned them off.

I think there is only one way to fix this, and that is to force the avatar to show off when people vote, bring back reputation, and then we can ding all of them, and enable thread ratings, and give them a poor rating everytime they start a new one

Honestly, this is an issue?

Old Nov 14, 2006, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Neither board references in your post are "appropriate" as I had absolutely zippo to do with founding either, and both were established before I even knew of either. I'd appreciate you editing your post accordingly.
Kanebear made the first reference, not I. Why do you not ask him to do the same?

I agree that you were neither a founder of MoreMiles nor FlyerChat, which I hope satisfies you?

Per mod request, I'll shut up about it now.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 10:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jfe
All I can say is wow

I saw people with the new avatar, and being the meddling fool that I am, saw that the avatars were available in the options. So I decided to vote, and I even changed the avatar.

But people having the same avatars (2, and none) is boring, so I turned them off.

I think there is only one way to fix this, and that is to force the avatar to show off when people vote, bring back reputation, and then we can ding all of them, and enable thread ratings, and give them a poor rating everytime they start a new one

Honestly, this is an issue?

This is Flyertalk. What isn't an issue here?
Old Nov 14, 2006, 10:34 am

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Neither board references are "appropriate" as I had absolutely zippo to do with founding either, and both were established before I even knew of either.

Using those are references is about as "appropriate" (or relevant) as me posting that you were a very active member of www.tireflock.com

Strange, I don't see where anyone suggested you had a hand in creating any of the above boards. All I see is a suggestion that if you're unhappy with the avatar choices you're more than welcome to create your own board and load any avatars you choose... and subsequently noted one example of such a board that'd already been created. Indeed, posting falsehoods backfires. Quite often rather spectacularly.

As for the original topic at hand; I'm still bemused. I suppose posting a protest thread was easier than turning off the avatar?
Old Nov 14, 2006, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen

As a factoid – FlyerTalk is the only major travel community bulletin board in the world which has an elected leadership."
I was not aware of this Randy. @:-)

Great to see you initiated and have persevered with this, and despite the odd glitch, do think the wide mix of Candidates on TB seems to get things done.

(The rumour is tho, you had a lot more hair in the days before. )

Glen
Old Nov 14, 2006, 11:03 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
This just in:
.... As a factoid – FlyerTalk is the only major travel community bulletin board in the world which has an elected leadership."
Doesn't this tidbit belong here?
Old Nov 15, 2006, 2:05 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
After discussion among the CommunityBuzz mods who are not TB candidates, we are pleased to reopen this thread. To keep it open and with as little intervention as possible, please keep it on the topic of the enabling of avatars to signify voting in the TB election. Ocn Vw 1K, Co-Mod, CommunityBuzz
Old Nov 15, 2006, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will not boycott the vote, but I will wait to cast my ballot until all of the candidates have attempted to bribe me for my vote.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 2:31 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I am glad that nobody decided to boycott the boycott of the boycott by boycotting the boycott that is being boycotted by the boycotters — otherwise, that could cause a boycott of the boycott of the boycott of the boycott by the boycotters of the boycott of the boycott.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
I'm now confused...
Old Nov 15, 2006, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I think we should boycott Canarsie, until he promises to stop making our head hurt!
Old Nov 15, 2006, 3:17 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I would like to have either a Butthead or a Borat avatar. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.