Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

London Do: November 11, 12, 2006 (Remembrance Day and Veterans Weekend)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Do: November 11, 12, 2006 (Remembrance Day and Veterans Weekend)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2006, 11:17 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by skydiver
Just to add another topic for lists, Mrs Skydiver and I can offer AA FL access in ORD on the outbound and return legs. We have 2 slots available on each day so if you are interested, please PM me.

The date/time info is:
Nov 9th from about 4:00PM to 7:00PM (in on AA 545, out on AA 92)
Nov 13th from 3:30PM to 6:00PM (in on AA 92, out on AA 1684)

As always, the flights and times are subject to the whims of AA's scheduling and ORD weather.
Are you sure about the flight # on your return? Jerrie and I will be on AA 67 arrriving ORD at 3pm from LHR.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 11:52 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
Please make me a definite NO.

Thanks

Mark
Old Oct 4, 2006, 12:34 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by Markie

Thanks

Mark
Was it something I said?
Originally Posted by Sunnyhere
Suffering public humiliation? Eating cockroaches? Cleaning leper's sores? Bring It On!
Old Oct 4, 2006, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by Sunnyhere
Suffering public humiliation? Eating cockroaches? Cleaning leper's sores? Bring It On!
Thank heavens you've decided to fly with iluv2gethumiliated on that later UA flight!! I'd be afraid to sit in 8J otherwise!

Best, Dave
Old Oct 4, 2006, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by Markie

Thanks

Mark
Honestly, it isn't going to be that bad!

Sunnyhere was pretty far off the mark...
Old Oct 4, 2006, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/7.0MM
Originally Posted by magic111
Are you sure about the flight # on your return? Jerrie and I will be on AA 67 arrriving ORD at 3pm from LHR.
Magic111, Yes the flight number and time is correct. We are on AA92 from ORD->DUB and AA92 from DUB->(SNN)->ORD.

Sorry, but both of the return slots are spoken for (Tazi and Spiff) but if something changes, I will PM you

OT, but in true FT style our flight route is SJC->LAX->DFW->MIA->ORD->DUB->LHR // LHR->DUB->(SNN)->ORD->MIA->LAX->SJC
Old Oct 4, 2006, 3:15 pm

Do you want to win a free pair of business class tickets?

We know that Flyertalk has generously donated a pair of Maxjet business class tickets to the London Mega Do, good between the US and the UK. Up until now, you havent known how exactly you would have a chance at winning them.. well read on.

We discarded the obvious ideas pretty quickly bribery, corruption, who could organise us the nicest all expenses holiday in foreign parts

Instead we are going to ask you to

Guess the number of miles!

But not just any old miles guess the combined number of airline miles held by SanDiego1k, Wingnut, Randy Petersen and Jenbel on the 1st of October, 2006.

And note airline miles only. Not hotel points, not credit cart, supermarket, or any other type of points.. airline miles. After all, this is a frequent flyer site!

We will distribute answer cards to the registered Flyertalkers at the Do in November, which will be filled in and returned to us, the winner to be the person who guesses the closest (in either direction) and they will be announced at the dinner on Saturday night. Yes, if you arent at the dinner, you can still win, so long as you get your answer card to one of us before the dinner.

Now to aid you, each of us will be posting a brief note about our alliances, our flying habits and some clues and hints to give you an inkling as to how many miles we may have between now and the do keep an eye out for them on the thread or on the website. We, from now on, will be keeping schtum to everybody about our mileage accounts as well begging, cajoling or outright bribes to find out what are in our accounts are not going to work!

Good luck!
Old Oct 4, 2006, 4:41 pm

I don't have a miles earning credit card.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 5:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Some bad luck - Lady JDiver injured herself a month ago within an hour or two of our return from Antwerp, Brussels and Luxembourg a bit more severely than we thought initially, so we find ourselves forced to cancel attending the London DO. Entirely too much distance, too many flights and too much activity for her at this time; if it were the beach and nearby, it would be fine. I'll miss you guys and gals!

-JDiver
-Lady JDiver
Old Oct 4, 2006, 6:12 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by JDiver
Some bad luck - Lady JDiver injured herself a month ago within an hour or two of our return from Antwerp, Brussels and Luxembourg a bit more severely than we thought initially, so we find ourselves forced to cancel attending the London DO. Entirely too much distance, too many flights and too much activity for her at this time; if it were the beach and nearby, it would be fine. I'll miss you guys and gals!

-JDiver
-Lady JDiver
Best of luck on a speedy recovery!
Old Oct 4, 2006, 6:39 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by skydiver
Magic111, Yes the flight number and time is correct. We are on AA92 from ORD->DUB and AA92 from DUB->(SNN)->ORD.

Sorry, but both of the return slots are spoken for (Tazi and Spiff) but if something changes, I will PM you

OT, but in true FT style our flight route is SJC->LAX->DFW->MIA->ORD->DUB->LHR // LHR->DUB->(SNN)->ORD->MIA->LAX->SJC
Thanks for the explanation of the flight numbers. Did not need an invitation as being an EXP already gives me one and my guest shall be Jerrie.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 7:12 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by Wingnut

Whaaaat????
Old Oct 5, 2006, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by lili
Whaaaat????
http://web3.flyertalk.com/forum/show...&postcount=701
Old Oct 5, 2006, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by JDiver

-JDiver
-Lady JDiver
Sorry to here that, was looking forward to meeting you - I hope she gets well soon!
Old Oct 5, 2006, 3:14 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by wingnut
Originally Posted by lili
Whaaaat????
Never mind that miles from credit cards aren't counted for the game, isn't that a TOS violation or something? I'm guessing that's where lili's incredulity came from, and I agree...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.