Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

London Do: November 11, 12, 2006 (Remembrance Day and Veterans Weekend)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Do: November 11, 12, 2006 (Remembrance Day and Veterans Weekend)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2006, 3:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Credit card points (such as MR) aren't counted. Airline miles earned on spend are.. we never said it was BIS miles

And I see now. He could have a hotel card though
Old Oct 5, 2006, 4:31 am

I do have hotel cards, but I've never transferred miles to my airline account/s.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 5:18 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by Wingnut
I do have hotel cards, but I've never transferred miles to my airline account/s.
Ah, but do you have a hotel points earning credit card? I shudder to guess at the volume of points/miles you may have left on the table otherwise...
Old Oct 5, 2006, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by alex0683de
Ah, but do you have a hotel points earning credit card?
Given that I've never transferred hotel points to airline points, the question isn't germane to the issue at hand...
Old Oct 5, 2006, 8:17 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Given that I've never transferred hotel points to airline points, the question isn't germane to the issue at hand...
True, but it will at least assuage my worry that all that credit card spend has gone to waste...
Old Oct 5, 2006, 2:10 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Talking

I don't have a miles earning credit card.
Hmm, would that be because you're between applying for a new bmi card (after cancelling your previous)??
Old Oct 5, 2006, 4:48 pm

i will be in london on the 12-14 but not for the do.
i am staying at the millennium gloucester in kensington

i fly back on 9/14 on aa137
Old Oct 6, 2006, 1:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Just for your information (and a couple of others who have posted similar things), I will be updating the website with the hotel and flight information for do attendees only - there is a section on FT called Itineraries where other people who are not attending the do can post such information. Apologies to seem a bit hard, but it does take my time and effort to update the information - now obviously, I'm willing to do it for do attendees, but I'm not about to become a centralised "I'm in the area of the do, but not wanting/able to attend, can I meet people" service I'm afraid.

Sorry you can't make it to the do.

Last edited by Jenbel; Oct 6, 2006 at 1:32 am
Old Oct 6, 2006, 5:19 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jenbel
I will be updating the website with the hotel and flight information for do attendees only .
One of the great benefits that Jen is providing by keeping track of flights and hotels is that it allows folks to organize taxis or walks to the Do activities. It's nice to know who to make plans with for that hike through central London. Be very very careful though, as if you chose the wrong taxi companion, you'll **coughldsantkluau88cough** end up at a place with the right name but the wrong address. (Shades of Windmill Pub in 2003.) Let's just say that some of our attendees wouldn't have enjoyed the entertainment on offer.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Has anyone ever used www.londonnights.com for hotels? They seem to have some great deals for some of the nights are really nice places. I still haven't booked my hotel yet so - still looking!
Old Oct 6, 2006, 8:57 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks, all, for the wishes for Lady JDiver's speedy recovery!

Meantime, I cancelled my AXON at Waldorf Hilton... and two FC award seats JFK-LHR-JFK on AA 122 Nov 9 and AA 105 Nov 14 (and connecting flights AA 24 and 177 between SFO and JFK.) No guarantees they released any of these into awards inventory, but...
Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (blue), BMI Diamond Club (blue)
I am still coming to the event, but can you please add a guest for me. I have also paid for his afternoon tea and dinner on the website. Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2006, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Please count me in as a maybe.

I actually have tickets to LHR for that very weekend, but may end up connecting to Spain rather than staying in London.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 9:54 am

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
I will not miss this; count me in as a yes! ^
Old Oct 8, 2006, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it.

I will be on UA929 from LHR-ORD at 10:25AM on the 12 though, along with rch4u, in case anyone wants meet up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.