Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

London Do: November 11, 12, 2006 (Remembrance Day and Veterans Weekend)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Do: November 11, 12, 2006 (Remembrance Day and Veterans Weekend)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2006, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by newself
Thanks Carol. I PM'd my itinerary to you and have registered for the boat ride and the pub crawling.

Dave
VERY COOL! Peachy was just asking how you were today - I'll tell her she will actually get to see you now!
Old Oct 18, 2006, 6:13 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
I made the list of possible attendees. Now trying to get a flight that meets my requirements.

MH departs Brisbane on Friday 23:50pm arriving into London on Saturday 3:15pm, maybe thats a bit too late.

Previous MH departure from Brisbane is Wednesday at 2:00PM arriving into London at 5:30am Thursday morning.

Or option 3. MH departs Melbourne at 12:45am early Friday morning arriving into London at 4:50pm same day. Brisbane-Melbourne 857mile detour just for dinner.

Returning from Amsterdam on the Friday. SQ is sold out on the through fares and MH are the other alternative.

This almost needs it own thread.

Originally Posted by alex0683de
Lots of people from the US West Coast.
West Coast might be far but is there anyone who would travel further for this event. LAX-LHR via great circle mapper is a mere 5456 mi

Compared to total 10593 mi
BNE to KUL 4000 mi
KUL to LHR 6593 mi
Old Oct 18, 2006, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Well so long as you'd earn miles for BNE-MEL!
Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Platinum
I finally got on and paid for the dinner Sat night and brunch on Sun. I'm skipping the boat ride in favor of the Harrods food court (I'm drooling arleady - plus I don't like traditional Engish Tea food). If anyone want to join me for trip to Harrods Sat afternoon just let me know.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:51 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Originally Posted by skAAtinsteph
I finally got on and paid for the dinner Sat night and brunch on Sun. I'm skipping the boat ride in favor of the Harrods food court (I'm drooling arleady - plus I don't like traditional Engish Tea food). If anyone want to join me for trip to Harrods Sat afternoon just let me know.
Don't think anyone is going on the boat ride for the food anymore than they would fly for food served on a airline.

Stop at Harrods and get something to go same as you are going to do for your flight home
Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by magic111
Don't think anyone is going on the boat ride for the food anymore than they would fly for food served on a airline.

Stop at Harrods and get something to go same as you are going to do for your flight home
Totally a viable option. So I will revise: Don't like English food or cold damp boat rides. Love taking all the time in the world to wander through Harrods food court area trying bites of all sorts of goodies!!!!

Since I'm sitting Row 32 on the way home I WILL have to bring my own food!!!
Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by magic111
Yep, youll be missing out on one of the best seats in London for the Grand Finale of the Lord Mayors Show.

Personally, I feel its an amazing opportunity, and Id suggest smuggling onboard a few titbits from an earlier foray to somewhere like Borough Market.
http://www.boroughmarket.org.uk/

The fact that were getting a few scones and a couple of cucumber sandwiches is a bonus in my book.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 1:06 pm

Programs: AS, IHG
Originally Posted by Bundy Bear

West Coast might be far but is there anyone who would travel further for this event. LAX-LHR via great circle mapper is a mere 5456 mi

Compared to total 10593 mi
BNE to KUL 4000 mi
KUL to LHR 6593 mi
I am going:

JNU/SEA/SFO/LAX/ORD/DUB/LHR 7,540 miles
LHR/MIA/LAX/SFO/SEA/JNU 8,673

for a total of 16,213 actual miles.

I don't think I will be the only one attending from JNU.... As Gretchen puts it, I'm here for the party!

-A
Old Oct 18, 2006, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Sounds good to me; please put me down as confirmed for the Boat trip, and yummy afternoon tea. Will join for drinks afterwards, but have plans later that night .

1 order of 1 Saturday: River Thames boat cruise with afternoon tea 1 Saturday: Drinks Only for Flyertalk London Mega Do

Jenbel have paid already via my paypal account.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by krug
Sounds good to me; please put me down as confirmed for the Boat trip, and yummy afternoon tea. Will join for drinks afterwards, but have plans later that night .

1 order of 1 Saturday: River Thames boat cruise with afternoon tea 1 Saturday: Drinks Only for Flyertalk London Mega Do

Jenbel have paid already via my paypal account.
Ahhh, I wondered if you'd be joining us for the cruise

You have! You're officially included in the lists now - our 111st registration!
Old Oct 18, 2006, 3:39 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by AinA
I am going:

JNU/SEA/SFO/LAX/ORD/DUB/LHR 7,540 miles
LHR/MIA/LAX/SFO/SEA/JNU 8,673

for a total of 16,213 actual miles.

I don't think I will be the only one attending from JNU.... As Gretchen puts it, I'm here for the party!

-A
bundybear's total is one way
Old Oct 18, 2006, 4:17 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Originally Posted by skAAtinsteph
I'm skipping the boat ride in favor of the Harrods food court (I'm drooling arleady - plus I don't like traditional Engish Tea food). If anyone want to join me for trip to Harrods Sat afternoon just let me know.
What magic1111 said above.

It is the company, not the food. You could visit Harrods anytime, but how often does one get to sip tea with a boatload full of FTers while cruising up and down the Thames?

On the other hand, that could also be a spanking good reason to avoid the ride.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 6:28 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by belle3388
a spanking good reason to avoid the ride.
what ride would that be?
Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:17 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by techgirl
VERY COOL! Peachy was just asking how you were today - I'll tell her she will actually get to see you now!
Jen,

It will be good to catch up with both you and Bran. We need to go for at least one brew! I will also be going to the Big D in June of 07.

Dave
Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by belle3388
What magic1111 said above.

It is the company, not the food. You could visit Harrods anytime, but how often does one get to sip tea with a boatload full of FTers while cruising up and down the Thames?

On the other hand, that could also be a spanking good reason to avoid the ride.
I'm joining in on the dinner / brunch. I've been over there 5 times already and this will probably be my last visit for quite some time (other plans for travel next few years) so there's the list of all the places / things I need to do on this last trip. Tate Modern, fave sushi place, visit cousin who is over there and I haven't seen in years.......

So ... I think I will be leaving London with out a boat trip but will see most everyone later that night!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.