Search

Hire a Flyertalker

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2005, 3:51 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Need more Technical Folks

we have an immediate need for the following:

SAP, bizTalk, .net folks. Must have experience in implementing and working with these (not just in college/university classes).

The positions involve travel (and you get to keep your points and stays ).

Please email me ASAP with any questions, resumes, etc. at [email protected]. Please reference JOB/FTALK in the subject heading so I don't delete it by mistake. Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2005, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA General Member
Originally Posted by winkydink
I orginally posted this in Omni and was referred over to this thread.

My company is in the process of moving all of its operations from the US to the PRC. While I have been offerred a job in the PRC, it's not something I'm interested in pursuing.

If you know of any CIO/VP of IT jobs out there in the US, I'd appreciate a pointer in a private message. I would also entertain a director-level position at a larger company.

I am visiting several of the big job boards (Monster, Hotjobs, eKornFerry, Upladder, Dice, 6figurejobs), so if its posted there, chances are I've already seen it.

Thanks for your time.
At the risk of sounding repetitive, I'm still on the market.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Location: Orange County (SNA) CA, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold
Medical management co needs COO/VP

My firm (I'm the CEO) is about to go through some growth via acquisition so we need to bring on a seasoned COO/VP. If there is anyone coming out of a medical background that is qualified, drop me a note

Thanks

Vaze

Department B is a national firm that provides back-office services for small, specialized medical practices. By taking over routine activities such as billing, coding and compliance, transcription, recruiting, and other management duties, Department B streamlines business processes so that physicians can focus on patient care instead of accounting details

We are seeking a dynamic, hand-on, creative Chief Operating Officer/VP of Operations. The COO/VP will be a strong operator and problem-solver with financial acumen and keen technical and business knowledge especially in the areas of business process management and business process re-engineering. The COO/VP of Operations will be expected to achieve efficiency and profit objectives while assuring there is a strong management team in place capable of effectively growing and managing the business. In support of the company's growth strategy, the COO/VP of Operations must take a chief role in leading efforts to integrate and optimize the functional efforts of the business which have already been put together as well as those which will be acquired or expanded in the future.

The ideal candidate will have proven success with the effective and efficient management of physician group billing/collections and other management practice management functions. This includes all activities typically associated with physician group operations, including physician relations, financial management, accounting, human resources, information technology, clinical services, ancillary services, risk management, facilities management, etc.

In addition to outstanding technical skills we seek evidence of impact, leadership and broad general business acumen in the context of enterprises which have grown through acquisition, or geographic expansion, and the subsequent successful integration of those operations. While having a strong grasp of the operations, the successful candidate must also possess a financial perspective and broad business understanding and be able to assist the other members of the senior management team in the development of overall strategies and achievement of objectives. It is critical that the person has demonstrated success in developing and leading an operations team within an open and flexible environment. Finally, we seek a mature businessperson with unquestioned integrity, one with the flexibility to thrive in a dynamic, hands-on environment
An MBA or related degree would be preferred
Old Jul 17, 2005, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 2P, Marriott LTPP
ERP Consultant looking for new opportunities

I've decided it's time for a new start with a new firm. I'm presently employed in the DFW area as a senior ERP technical consultant for small to medium sized client businesses located all over the US, but primarily within the TX/OK/LA area.

I'll save the particulars of my work history for anyone who might be truly intersted, but here things are in a nutshell:

ERP packages: MAS 90/200/500 and SAP Business One

Languages: VB, T-SQL, PHP, HTML, expert Crystal Reports (not a language, but it seems like it should go here)

Competencies: Process/discrete manufacturing, distribution, services, real-estate, finance, warehouse management, CRM, HR, accounting, SOX compliance (as it relates to technology and control of accounting systems)

Experience: 9 years technical, 4.5 years with ERP

Education: Bachelor of Music from the SF conservatory

I'm looking for an opportunity that will continue to build on my skill set, not merely use what I already have. Ultimately, I am aiming to work with Enterprise companies using SAP/Oracle and some of the really cool SCM tools available. I know business processes, I know finance processes, I know the intricacies of ERP and database management... I am just hoping that someone might take a chance on me for me to get to the next step.

Travel is not necessary, but I wouldn't mind it (under 50% if possible).

PM me if you'd like more information.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 2:40 pm

Programs: NWA/DL
I am located in Greenville, SC, and am looking for a job. Used to travel for a living and loved it, but have been looking for a while. I have years of customer service and hotel experience. I have a BA in Music, but 8 years of experience in the hotel industry from Front Desk to GM, Corporate QA Inspector, and Regional Support Manager. I would love to find another job traveling for a living, especially in the hospitality industry. I have done some sales in the past, too. I would appreciate hearing from any of you with ideas or positions in which I might qualify for. I am willing to relocate for a home base, depending on where.

Thanks so much,
Kent
Old Jul 22, 2005, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by kapitman
I am located in Greenville, SC, and am looking for a job. Used to travel for a living and loved it, but have been looking for a while. I have years of customer service and hotel experience. I have a BA in Music, but 8 years of experience in the hotel industry from Front Desk to GM, Corporate QA Inspector, and Regional Support Manager. I would love to find another job traveling for a living, especially in the hospitality industry. I have done some sales in the past, too. I would appreciate hearing from any of you with ideas or positions in which I might qualify for. I am willing to relocate for a home base, depending on where.
Thanks so much,
Kent
Have a look at www.craigslist.org/, it's default for San Francisco. There's
lots of cities listed. It has jobs & housing catagories. If it doesn't have the
location you want, it could have something near by.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 6:56 pm

I just graduated, and still don't have a job, so must seize all opportunities!

I just got an MSc in Finance, concentration in Corp Finance. Undergrad was in Banking and Finance. Relevant experience include a role in a dot.com (current), internships at financial research companies/banks, and the others are assorted jobs to pay my way through school.

Does anyone here know of a position for me? Looking for consultancy, financial research/analyst, hedge funds, VCs, etc type of jobs. Travel preferred, but not necessary lol. I just want a job, and don't mind travelling vicariously through FTers.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5 Star Gold, Starwood Gold
Recruiting...

This thread was mentioned to me in another forum/posting, so I thought I'd add this here for any who see it. Im in the process of recruiting for several technical positions within my company, all involving travel, and we're actually finding the travel to be a barrier for a lot of people (hence my posting here on Flyertalk).

Job descriptions can be had at:

http://www.edgedynamics.com/jobs

My focus is on the Professional Services area, although if someone fits the Product Manager description and would be interested, I'd be happy to pass it along to the right person.

The PS positions need to be based in either the San Francisco bay area (or HQ is in Redwood City, Ca.) or in the Philadelphia/New Jersey area (we have an office there too), but range from moderate to heavy travel (from 25%-75% depending on the position), all domestic at this time, but may extend into international at some point.

I'd prefer everyone from here send the resumes directly to me (the "psjobs" email address on the website goes to a catch-all folder that I review from, but I'd rather give some priority to the Flyertalk community) so send it to me directly at dyoung@<the rest of the address in the job posting> In other words.... replace the psjobs in the website posting with dyoung and use the rest of the address.

Please also mention in the email that you saw the post here on Flyertalk.

Cheers,
D.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 9:47 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
I am looking for a Part Time Rep to cover BJ's Wholesale Clubs in New Jersey

Originally Posted by boilermaker
Throwing my hat back into the ring...

I work(ed) for a "full-service marketing company," specializing in sales and service to Sam's Club and Wal-Mart (in addition to Costco and BJ's Wholesale Club in the past). Eight years experience in merchandising, marketing and sales of consumer packaged goods. Developed and executed new formulations, packaging, promotions and programs. I have experience in pretty much all aspects of the business. I would prefer to stay in the cpg/warehouse club realm, but will consider all offers.

I guess I can say travel is okay
New Job Opening in New Jersey October 2005

Our company is looking to hire a part time rep to merchandise and market 3 BJ's Wholesale Clubs in Toms River, Ocean Township and Hamilton Township New Jersey (possibly more clubs available). Call cycle is twice a week per club at your leisure.
PM me for details.
Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2005, 2:53 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Flyertalkers--

I'm looking to get back on the road. Your help is (quantifiably) appreciated...

My background:
- Technical BS (Comp Engr/Sci) and MBA (Mfg and Svc Ops)
- 2+ years IT consulting and mgmt in boutique firms
- 1 year political appointment managing almost $9 million budget
- 2 software development internships and 2 software design lab classes taught (experience with C/C++ in DOS and embedded systems, some perl, Java, SQL, UNIX)
- 2+ years in hotels and lodging, including mgmt roles
Talents:
- Extremely rapid understanding of new systems, both technical and organizational, and how improvements can be implemented
- Leading by pursuasion and example rather than management by force
- Repeatedly demonstrated ability to diffuse difficult client situations
I just moved to Albany, NY, from Chicago due to a family situation. I had to jump quickly and thought I was landing in a consulting role with a major firm, but it looks like we could not find a solid fit in the final conversations. So now I'm looking for opportunities.

The ideal role would be...
- Consulting role -- junior but not entry-level
- Technical and/or customer service content to the engagement
- Ability to quickly move into engagement management and project lead roles as competence is demonstrated
- 100% travel, based in ALB or somewhere close (BDL, SYR, NYC, BOS would work, for example)
Please let me know of an opening in your organization or a colleague's that might be a good fit.

Even if you don't know of one, a PM of good cheer would be nice. I'm kind of bummed the last position we had been discussing for two months didn't end up panning out.

Now the quantization I promised. Whoever offers a lead that eventually turns into employment gets my first UA CR1 or HH CAT5 award.

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Nov 25, 2005 at 2:10 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Nov 22, 2005, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
If anyone has any experience training/consulting on financial systems (Finance, Accounting, Budget, HR, Payroll) and wants to travel 100% mostly US domestic, please PM me.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveller
If anyone has any experience training/consulting on financial systems (Finance, Accounting, Budget, HR, Payroll) and wants to travel 100% mostly US domestic, please PM me.
Specific applications in these categories, or general familiarity with the genre and ability to learn enough for the purpose about a specific one quickly?

Also, employee or contract?

Thanks!!
Old Nov 23, 2005, 12:24 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
Branding / Communication / Design / Marketing

If any of the following work is needed (also as a free-lancer), I will be happy to put my name into the market for:

Job possibilities
- Branding (brand concepts, brand design, implementing of new brands etc.)
- Communication (concepts, strategy, consulting)
- Design (CI, CD, packaging, print, on- and offline)
- Marketing (consulting, strategy, 4P`s etc.)

Experience
- university degree in marketing
- university diploma in mediadesign and communications
- sales and marketing manager for media company up to 2001
- since 2001 five years experience with own design studio in Berlin/Germany
- 20+ brands (national and int.)
- 40+ customers

Customers
Customers and brands that I have worked for so far include: Audi, Volkswagen, European Union, Cirrus Airlines, Toyota, German Secretary of State, Opel, Stella and many more.

If you have any needs in the fields of branding, design, communication or marketing and are interested in more information, I would be glad to assist you (also as a free-lancer). I am flexible, willing to travel and open to the world. IŽd be happy to hear from you, just send me an PM
Old Nov 23, 2005, 1:21 am

Programs: HH Gold
deleted - job search concluded

*deleted* - Job search has concluded.

Last edited by jophilpo; Feb 7, 2006 at 2:45 pm
Old Nov 23, 2005, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by berlinflyer
If any of the following work is needed (also as a free-lancer), I will be happy to put my name into the market for:...
Check out elance.com. Be warned, however, that there are usually a few people who are willing to do any given job at a very low price. A friend of mine has used some of them and has been pleased with the quality along with saving money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.