Reload this Page >

Hire a Flyertalker

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hire a Flyertalker

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2004, 6:26 pm

Location: Oklahoma City, OK - NWA Gold - AA Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Gold
Programs: NW, CO, WN, HH
I would really love to know if any entry level grads are international business travelers. I currently travel domestically, but international travel is only possible once a year. I currently do IT and financial consulting, but would love to consult for any of my passionate backgrounds (hotels, airlines, sports, media, etc). I do have a resume ready if anyone's willing to consider.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 8:32 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
If any positions open up in HR or which involve travel(perhaps consulting, auditing) I'd be interested and relocation willing. Have Masters in Industrial/Labor Relations & MBA, PHR & SPHR certification, and current sitting for CPA. Undergrad background was Acct, MIS, Finance, so very diverse business background.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 12:31 pm

Programs: QF & NW Clubs. Will never buy another ticket on UA or US.
Unhappy Still looking :(

I have posted here before but so far no luck so I thought I would make another attempt. I am currently unemployed having had my former workplace (a nextel wireless number portability call center) in Virginia relocated to Mexico. At the moment I am in Austin, Texas with family although would be happy to consider any US relocation for the right job.

My background is in Call Center / Customer Service / Sales / Marketing Management in a variety of sectors (Telecommunications, Biotechnology, and Education). I am very adaptable, have a real flare for marketing, have a history of success in my past roles, and generally am a pretty good employee.

Below is my resume (you can see greater detail on my website resume at www.andrewcram.com/resume.html ) - you may recognize the site from my
Online eTailer Comparison Chart.

If anyone knows of any suitable positions or can provide any suggestions etc please let me know - I am getting pretty desperate and am having no luck (possibly due to most of my education and experience being in Australia and the filtering software most companies are using for applications).

Many thanks,

Andrew

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Email: [email protected]
Citizenship: US Permanent Resident (Greencard)

POSITION SOUGHT
Senior position which will utilize my experience in establishing, reengineering or enhancing customer support, sales and/or student recruitment activities through multiple delivery channels for greater productivity in a dynamic, results focused environment.

EDUCATION
2004-Current Master of Aviation Management, The University of Newcastle (Newcastle, Australia).
2002-2003 MBA / Master of Business Administration (Internet Marketing), Charles
Sturt University (Bathurst, Australia). Graduated with credit.
2003-2003 Graduate Program in Management Communication, OTEN (Sydney, Australia). Graduated with credit.
1991-1995 Bachelor of Arts (Archaeology & Genetics), Australian National University (Canberra, Australia).
2002-2003 Diploma of Call Centre Management, TAFE Western Institute (Bathurst, Australia). Graduated with distinction.
* All degrees are from an accredited university.
(Details of subjects studied is available on my personal website, see above)

EMPLOYMENT
11/2003-6/2004 Special Projects Supervisor, Nextel Wireless Number Portability Fallout Management Center (Capgemini, Ernst & Young)

Managed a team of fallout management special project agents who managed and corrected faults arising within the newly implemented wireless number portability process mandated by the FCC. Functions included:
∑ monitoring and training staff
∑ dealing with customer escalations
∑ conducting performance reviews
∑ staff recruitment
∑ implementing new service programs and resolving service problems.

2/2001-10/2003 Contact Center Director / Manager, info.csu Charles Sturt University

Established and managed all aspects of an integrated 30 seat contact center responsible for recruitment of students to the University (Admissions for both state and proprietary programs). Functions included:
∑ Created and directed an environment where the needs of the customer is the primary focus of all staff
∑ developed strategies and plans to focus on customer retention and reduce related attrition
∑ created continuously improving levels of customer satisfaction and service excellence
∑ established call handling standards, service level criteria and performance monitoring metrics
∑ coordinated front end marketing techniques with back end fulfilment and customer satisfaction principles
∑ developed staff plans and forecasts
∑ monitored and analyzed work flow
∑ implemented strategies to improve service quality and cost efficiency
∑ created a customer friendly enthusiastic work force through empowerment and fostering team work, IT setup, recruitment, training and supervision of agents handling over 25,000 monthly phone, email, and web contacts responsible for an estimated annual revenue of $160 million.
Achievements:
∑ Successfully managed $2+ million annual budget.
∑ Response time reduced from 7-14 days to same-day.
∑ Boosted customer inquiries and uptake of offers.
o Applications increased 16-42% over all brand categories during first year of operation (state sector average of 4% for same period).

3/1999-1/2001 Customer Service / Customer Contact Manager, Entigen Corp.
Established and managed customer service provision for approximately 20,000 subscription customers utilising high complexity genetic analysis software products in a wide range of environments. Established 24x7 world wide support at minimal cost
∑ Established customer service / support system in 2 weeks from commencing with company.
∑ Represented company at trade shows and conferences in the US and Australia.
∑ Responsible for customer acquisition in educational and research environments.

3/1996-2/1999 Sales Manager & Manager Internet and eCommerce, Let’s Talk Communications
Managed and restructured several branch locations, including head office store. Responsibilities included recruitment, stock control, product line management, and sales and marketing activities.
∑ Boosted profitability by up to 40% while reducing inventory and write-downs.
∑ Established and managed the retail website and internet marketing activities.
∑ Responsible for recruitment and training of sales staff.

3/1993-2/1996 Team Leader, Australian National University (Questacon)
Conducted science education presentations for school groups and the general visitors.

REFERENCES:
Available upon request.
Key Skills:

∑ General Management
∑ Budget Management (>$2 million per year)
∑ Call Center Management (High and Low volume environments, high and low value transactions)
∑ Call Center Implementation
∑ Call Center Process Design and Script Implementation
∑ Staff Selection and Recruitment
∑ Staff Training
∑ Project Management
∑ Online Management
∑ Marketing Management
∑ Sales Management
∑ Customer Service Management
∑ Presentations
∑ Client Liaison
∑ Systems Improvement
∑ Customer Acquisition
∑ Student Recruitment
∑ CRM implementation and operation
∑ IVR Design and Implementation
∑ Report design and production
∑ Website design for internet and intranet

Software Skills:

∑ Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
∑ Microsoft Outlook
∑ Microsoft Project
∑ Clarify CRM
∑ Goldmine CRM
∑ ACT! CRM
∑ Ericsson Solidus eCare (IVR,ACD)
∑ Cisco IPCC
∑ Avaya CentreVu
∑ SCT Banner
∑ Pronto! POS
∑ Adobe GoLive
∑ Macromedia Dreamweaver
Old Dec 5, 2004, 4:56 pm

Programs: AC, US
Computer Systems Analyst seeking employment (preferably, finance-related employment) within North America. Willing to travel regularly.

I'm currently a Programmer Analyst, and have been working for a consulting company in Toronto that has clients worldwide. I resigned from my position last week, effective later this month, and I am now looking for new employment. Here's my resume in a nutshell:

Objective:

To function as part of a team of highly skilled problem solvers, who find new and innovative ways to use information technology to give their company a competitive advantage

Experience:

~ 2.5 years working as a Programmer Analyst with my current employer, who hired me directly out of university
~ 2 years of working real computer programming jobs during university, through my university's co-op program
~ Lead programmer analyst in charge of developing the quality control subsystem within a large-scale Manufacturing Execution System
~ Gathering requirements from our clients and documenting them
~ Designing a SQL Server 2000 database
~ Class design
~ Implementing statistical process control software
~ Coding in Microsoft Visual Basic .Net and C++
~ Participating in User Acceptance Testing
~ Disseminating business knowledge to junior resources
~ Testing collision avoidance software on a French oil rig
~ Writing library code to enable client/server RF communications on PDAs
~ Large scale data migration
~ Report writing

Education:

2002. Bachelor of Mathematics in Honours Co-op Computer Science, Minor in Economics (Graduated with distinction)

Academic Awards:

I held three different scholarships throughout university, including the Nortel Networks Undergraduate Scholarship.

Citizenship:

Canadian. However, for the past 2.5 years, I have held TN (Trade NAFTA) status in the USA, which I required in order to work in the USA as a computer systems analyst for an American client of my company. In order to continue working legally in the USA as a computer systems analyst, I simply need a one page letter on company letterhead requesting my services as a computer systems analyst, and $50. The "application" is made strictly at the port of entry, and the last time I made one, it took all of 15 minutes to process it. It is extremely painless and has never proved a problem for me to take care of in the past.

Other notes:

To date, my career has focused on manufacturing software. Throughout university, I tried to incorporate as many business/accounting/economics courses as I could. I have successfully completed upper-year university courses in international trade, international finance, money and banking, and futures and derivatives. I am really looking to put the Economics side of my university degree to use, preferably within the financial industry (or doing financial related work).

If you have something that might interest me, please PM me or email me at [email protected]. I'd be happy to forward my resume.

Thanks,
Notam
Old Dec 6, 2004, 10:09 pm

DBA in DFW?

My company, privately held, and profitable is looking for a well qualified MSSQL DBA. The company provides technology solutions in a healthcare vertical and currently has 30+ employees. We are located in downtown Fort Worth. Email [email protected] and PM if interested. Travel for this particular position is unlikely but perhaps this will appeal to someone in DFW who is ready to hang up their hat for a while.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 3:37 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Independent Sales Rep/New Opportunities?

Well, after returning from my hike of the Appalachian Trail, I've been semi-employed for a few months now, running my own business providing independent sales representation to an informal cooperative of manufacturers in the food packaging machinery industry. While I'm in negotiations to extend my contract, I want to see what else might be out there, as it's starting to feel like it's not the right time for me to be running my own business.

So, I'm looking for a new position utilizing my experience in inside or outside sales, from a consultative viewpoint. Working on large capital projects has been my focus so far, and I think that fits my personality better than volume-driven sales. If anybody knows of openings I'd be very interested to hear more, by PM or email (address in profile).

Industry experience in:
  • food equipment, packaging and processing
  • theater/performing arts (technical)
  • media (radio)
  • academics
I believe pretty strongly in my skills in these areas, but am also willing to work in other areas as I am a fast learner. Relocation is a definite possibility, though at the moment I'm in WI (Chicago commute is doable without relocation).
Old Dec 22, 2004, 11:05 pm

Location: Washington, DC and Cambridge, MA - School Marietta, GA - Home
Programs: United - Premier Executive
1L Summer Associate

In the interest of keeping all options open, I thought I would post here. I am a Stanford graduate and now currently doing a joint-degree with Georgetown Law and the Kennedy School at Harvard. Looking for a 1L summer associate type position at either a medium or large firm or in-house. If interested, I can send a resume. Location is no issue - willing to locate anywhere. Email [email protected]

Thank you for the opportunity. Happy holidays.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 3:38 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17

Last edited by Viajero Joven; Jul 15, 2005 at 12:05 am
Old Jan 13, 2005, 8:01 am

Posted this in the business exchange, but realized it was probably better suited for "Hire a FlyerTalker"............

I own a home based travel agency. I handle the corporate travel for my husband's office as well as leisure travel for friends, family and friends of friends.

I am not posting this hoping for your business(I know you FTers can more than handle your own arrangements :-) But, I've wondered while lurking these boards how much money is being left on the table when you book your own travel. Every time you book travel directly on the hotel site and don't enter a Travel Agent ID#, some agent is missing out on the 10% commission that the hotel would have paid them....same for car rentals, though that is usually 5%. Of course, the hotel/car rental companies are keeping it and maybe that is an OK thing, too...more money for improvements, etc....

I've been thinking about using some independent contractors (outside agents)for my business....they would earn a split of the commissions (75% to the independent contractor, 25% to the agency) on all bookings. If you just wanted to do it for your own personal travel (as much as some of you travel), it could bring in some extra money. If anyone is interested in more information, you can contact me at [email protected]

**Hope this isn't in any violation of the terms of this site. If so, please feel free to delete. Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2005, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Wouldn't there be a conflict of interest issue here?

Originally Posted by dvcmommy
I own a home based travel agency. I handle the corporate travel for my husband's office
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA 2MM 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Premier
Unemployed by Choice! And now looking...

I am not above asking for help. =) After 3 months off of much-needed and deserved R&R, I am now starting on my journey for new employment. I am not married to the Chicagoland area nor the US for that matter. My expertise is in the health and welfare benefits industry. I can do both the consulting route (ie Hewitt, Towers Perrin, Mercer, Watson Wyatt) and the corporate route (ie coporate HR/benefits manager). Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Foady; Jul 17, 2005 at 4:46 pm
Old Feb 6, 2005, 12:25 am

Programs: AS MVP
Electrical Engineering New Grad looking for a job

Ladies and Gents,

I will be graduating this Spring with an electrical engineering degree from the University of Waterloo in Canada and am currently looking for employment.

My study program is a cooperative education program and hence I had six 4-month work experience at 5 companies. My experience include:

- Applications Engineering role in a major video graphics company
- Telecom Engineering role (mobile radio/VoIP) in a major Canadian hydro utility company
- Hardware/Systems Engineering role in both an optical networking company and a satellite operator

Current courses: Antennas and Wireless Systems, Optical Communications, Analog Filter Design, Communication Networks and Security

If anyone is interested, could you please PM me with your email so that I can forward you a soft copy of my resume.

Thanks.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 4:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
As long as this thread keeps emerging to the top...

I have three positions for Unix System Admins in Santa Clara, California. Skill level can be variable (i.e., I can hire senior folks, but am not above hiring bright junior people).

There is a possibility of some travel but not required (here...yeah, I see folks turning down travel...not)

Contact me privately for more details.

Steve
Old Feb 6, 2005, 3:35 pm

Senior Instructional Designer

Hello all,

I am a Senior Instructional Designer looking for a project. I am incorporated; 1099 or W2 are both options. Travel and telecommute are both acceptable. I have designed ILT, CBT, WBT, e-learning, and blended solutions in several industries. PICs (Projects in Crisis) are a specialty as well. Please PM me if you’d like to peruse my resume.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 11:43 am

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
I never thought I'd be posting here -- I've truly enjoyed my job for the past 5 years, and foresaw a long career in my current company. We're going through a reorganization, however, that is making me seriously consider other opportunities. Not definitely leaving, but if the right job is out there, I'm not going to ignore it anymore.

I can send my resume privately to people who are interested, but my recent background is in the call center software space in sales engineering, technical alliance management, and business development. I'd be looking for a position as a manager of such a team. I also have background in consulting, as well as IT engineering as an "end user" customer.

Location isn't terribly critical to me -- I want to leave Las Vegas anyway.

Ultimately I'm looking for a step into management -- my background is varied enough that there's quite a lot I could consider and offer to a company.

If this is up your alley, please drop me an email or PM and I can send my resume.

Thanks,

Dave, a.k.a. dmfriedman

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.