Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2010, 10:18 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Welcome to FlyerTalk! It's a great community with loads of travel information for all comers. Be sure to browse the various forums & take the time to read the "Stickies" at the top of each as they are the place for "newbies" to start.
Old May 18, 2010, 3:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Welcome to FT, and we hope you learn a lot. I'm going to merge this thread in with our master 'welcome to FT!' thread.

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz!
Old May 21, 2010, 6:55 am

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
Name: Bart
Profession: IT Consultant
DOB: Nov '85 (which makes me one of the youngest I guess)
Home City: Antwerp, Belgium
Hobbies: Travel, Ski, Music, Art, Media
Traveled to: Almost every main city and country in the European Union. The west of Canada. The West, Mid-west & South East USA.
Most visited city: London (100+ round trips)
On FT for : Meeting fellow travelers, looking for places to discover, finding good value travel tips, wasting time in lounges
Freq Travel Hotel Programs : Hilton Diamond, Melia Platinum, Goldpoints Elite
Freq Travel Transport Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, Flying Blue (Nothing/didn't got my status transfered from VLM), American AAdvantage (applying for PLT), BA excecutive club: Blue (newbie )
Old May 22, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: SU, M&M, BA, S7, UT
Name: Andrey

Hometown: St.Petersburg, Russia
Favorite Carrier: Dalavia, Korean Air, Aeroflot
Old May 26, 2010, 1:44 pm

My name is Sanj and I am from West Yorkshire (UK) I fly on business a fair bit usually via the Middle East to the Indian Sub-Continent^
Old May 28, 2010, 5:46 am

Greetings from London

Hello everyone at Flytalk,

I stumbled across this website via google and I found it to be really informative. I don't travel as much as I would like to (if you can imagine living and working in the UK) my job and passion allows me access to several travel-related networks.

I would really like to help as much as I can to friends from other parts of the world, whether you are visiting or passing through the UK.

Feel free to drop me any queries you might have and I will do my best to help get the information however possible.

Safe travels and cheers to all...

Old May 29, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K; WN A-List; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; National EE
Hello from STL

Hello FT Community!

I have been a frequent business traveler for many years, but I'm new to the world of travel benefits (my old company kept employees' miles and points). I've been lurking in the background on FT for quite some time and thought it was time to join and contribute to the community. It has been a great experience so far-- learning lots of new things and re-learning lots of things I thought I once knew!

A little about myself -- my name is Justin and I work with many breweries around the world for a food ingredient company based in Holland. I am based in STL and travel a lot domestically, with 3-4 trips per year to both South America and Europe.

Since AA abandoned STL, I status-matched on UA last year and have been very happy with *A benefits. I'm looking forward to making 1K by year end.

Cheers,
Justin
Old Jun 2, 2010, 3:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Welcome to Flyertalk Beer Me!. I must say I'm quite jealous of your profession AND your handle!
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:11 am

Programs: AC*E, HHonors, SPG Gold, PC, Avis
Hello from TO

Hello Everyone,

My name in Mark and I'm and engineer from Toronto.
I've been following FT for some time thanks to a friend who introduced me and I thought it was about time to join, meet some fellow FT's and be a part of this community.

I started with my company a little over a year ago and I have found myself traveling to almost every continent since. I'm new to the world of business travel so i'm hoping to learn all I can.

Cheers
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Welcome to FT. I hope you will be posting. Also welcome to all of our new members.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM!
Hi everyone, I'm new. I'm Amanda, and as my name implies, I'm on the road a lot. I sell electronics for semi trucks. I've got silver elite with marriott, and my goal for this year is to get gold.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: Priority Club
Hello forum! Another new person here. I'm Ken living in beautiful South Jersey near Philadelphia. In the past I've spent time with backpacking and camping and now getting older am starting to want to travel and see other places. So, I've joined up here ....
Old Jun 8, 2010, 6:24 am

Smile

Hi All,
I'm chinese,My name is Tasha, which given by my foreign teacher Pam ,who from Canada in my college ,and I love her,we are in touch all the time,although,she return to her Country,
I'm an optimistic girl,I like traveling, I always go to Scenic with my family by my own car,of course, So much thing impressed me during the travel days.
And now I worked as the global car electronic Products online saler,and I love my job,I can find what I want from my job.and I will try my best to do my job,That's all
thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, 1.5MM, Marriot
Time to update my listing in this thread! It's been a long time since I posted here.

Handle: Geogirl (though I wouldn't mind changing it)
DOB: 6/17, during Watergate.

Hobbies: Traveling. Reading. Crafts. Writing. Languages. Collecting geodes, rocks, and mineral specimens from interesting places. My list is long, but my time is short.

Travel: I've been to Paris, Murcia, Montevideo, Edinburgh, London, Newcastle, Cancun, Grand Cayman, Niagara Falls, and all but 9 of the United States.

Favorite place: Paris, currently, but Spain ranked right up there.

Last U.S. Domestic Travel: Chicago.

Next International Travel: Not sure yet.

Languages: English (primary), passable French, skoshi Japanese, a tiny bit of Italian and Swedish, and currently learning Spanish.

What about FlyerTalk? A place I shouldn't have taken a hiatus from.

GG

Last edited by Cholula; Jun 10, 2010 at 3:07 pm Reason: Removed commercial link
Old Jun 13, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver, *A Gold
Hello all, I am reasonably new to FT and the world of FF miles/programs and the like, thought I should introduce myself.

My name is Steven, a second year law student (hence the handle). I only get the chance to travel a couple of times a year, due to budget/time constraints and so trying to maximise loyalty points collection. After all, “Points make prizes”.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.