Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2010, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Hi, my name is black dawn. I'm a team leader at a consulting firm administering defined benefits pension plans in Dallas. I do a fair amount of travel, trying to win new contracts and retain existing contracts (it's a tough market!!!).

I live in Grand Prarie (close to DFW airport) with my ex-football player husband. Our kids are grown, but we enjoy spending time with them and the grandkids. I never go out of town for vacation (I give away my miles to family)... I use the time to clean my house, help my daughter move, and occasionally log in and irritate my employees by phone and e-mail....

I'm a member of a large fundamentalist church in Dallas, and I represent the church on several community service groups, like planting trees in the ghetto and helping teens stay out of trouble. I manage to stay very busy!

I'm so glad I discovered FlyerTalk -- so many different points of view here! Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA lowly 2P (after 29 Aug), PC Plat Amb, Hyatt Diamond
Hello, everyone.

I'm from Youngstown, Ohio, and I'm currently working towards my license to teach math, whether it be in Ohio or elsewhere. Prior to this year, I would only fly for my hobby -- I officiate academic competitions, and the organizing body would pay for my flight and hotel -- but since I began with Priority Club at the beginning of the 2009-2010 school year, I've immersed myself in the pursuit of hotel points and airline miles, joining Hyatt GP in January and United MP in March.

I'll make lowly 2P by the end of the month, completing a 4-segment out, 4-segment back trip from CAK to HSV ($292 ai). I would never have done this without reading all the information from this site, particularly about the wonderful ITA tool. I now have a large percentage of my friends who think I am crazy, but it's only because they don't understand.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 6:32 pm

Hi, I'm Ziva. I'm 32 and from Pennsylvania. I became a frequent flyer a few years ago, and have often found this site useful when I'm looking for info to help me out, but never joined before. I don't know if I will have much to say, but I figured I would join so I could respond if something really strikes my interest.

I am a US national and I do most of my traveling in the US because I work mainly for American aerospace companies.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:25 pm

Hello to all,

while I will not have much to say, I registered in hopes of getting a @flyertalk.com email. I have been using this forum as a great great resource and figured I should register to keep up with the latest trends and discussions.

So the next step is to sign up for Inside Flyer.

Regards,
-Norus
Old Aug 25, 2010, 9:10 pm

Hi,guys ,happy to meet you here,i am a newcomer and hope that i can learn more here.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 6:08 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
I'm a long time lurker who finally joined up.

We startied collecting points years ago when my husband had a job that involved a lot of international travel. That all changed 5 years ago, it was no longer fun when limits were put on how much could be spent on hotels and it was fly United Airlines only.

So now our points tally is due solely to our own efforts and $s. We tend to stay loyal to a few airline/hotel programs as we don't have the expenditure to justify opening a card for every good deal that comes along. We are not interested in getting a card with enough points for a domestic tix as we tend to use our points to upgrade to premium classes. We figure we are too old and to cranky to fly up the back any more. We also tend to focus on what our needs will be from any program for the next year. Next year we are planning on a trip to Italy. We normally stay Hyatt, but they don't have many properties in Italy so we know to focus our efforts on Hilton and SPG over the next 12 months.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: AA UA DeltA AMEX CONTINENTAL BA
Smile Grew up in the air

My name is Gary and I just joined this week - what a great site!

My dad worked for AA from 1939 - 1984, hence we traveled a lot - always flew standby - from which I developed severe airport agida - I never fly standby today. I grew up on Long Island, 30 min from JFK/Idlewild and LGA - very convenient for my parents frequent trips.

My first flight was in 1950 in a DC-3 to Boston. We traveled a lot toMy father enrolled me in AA Advantage when it first came out.

I am a technology and finance consultant for banks and traveled extensively throughout the world from 1980-2000. I am a lifetime 2.5mm AA platinum, which actually affords me little other than priority check-in and some baggage benefits. However, during my peek flying times I was almost always upgraded to first on any long legs, especially London/Paris legs. Those days are over.

Anyway, I belong to some cruise forums (a relatively recent addition to my vacationing), but this is my first airline-focused forum. In a few days I have learned much about my credit rating and various FF strategies.

Nice to me y'all.

I have recently joined AMEX gold to gain access to other lines milage programs. I seem to travel more on Continental.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Hey there :-)

I'm a 31-yo university professor in Milan. I teach computer security. I am also a quite appreciated conference speaker in hacker conferences around the world ;-)

In another couple of lives, I kickstarted a consulting startup, and worked as a technical analyst for a leading ICT weekly magazine (I'm sure you can guess).

This all adds up in being a frequent flyer, as you can see
Old Sep 1, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: QF, HH
A G'day to all from a Land Down Under!

I'm Ben, 18 years old, and currently studying an undergrad. at University in Melbourne. A friend suggested this great-looking forum to me. I'm a newbie, and don't actually travel as much as many of the other members here, only several return domestic flights every year. But, like all of you here, I simply love travelling, especially by plane.

I think it was because of the fact that I lived in England for 3 years that I have forever had the travel bug... so next year, I'm planning an overseas trip, but it won't stop there, with ideas already taking shape for an around-the-world trip not long after that!

In addition I love writing, and hope to take up some travel writing as a bit of a hobby, which will hopefully see me travelling even more. So, here I am, ready to learn a lot, and hopefully by-and-by I can help others out too.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 7:43 am

Hi guys! my name is Rafael I'm new here. I'm so excited to share my travel stories on this forum.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton, SPG, OnePass
Hi...my name is Raymond

I travel about 200,000 miles per year, mostly on AA. Have been an AAirpass member for 10 years and you can ask me anything on the subject.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
New in the neighbourhood!

Hi, I just joined flyertalk. I found it because I noticed I had been upgraded to Platinum Royal Ambassador by Intercontinental. I had no idea what that meant (am travelling so haven't checked my mail recently), so searched it and found a link to flyertalk. Long story but glad I found it. I'm now a little wiser about the upgrade, but guess I'll find out more when I check into IC Singapore tomorrow.

Anyway, am NZ based, but travel to Asia (Singapore, Manila, Bangkok, KL mostly) about 8 times per year, plus roughly once a year to San Francisco/Houston.

Look forward to reading, writing and learning!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:05 pm

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Wink Let me please introduce myself...

Hi. I'm Goofy Foot (a surfing term for a right foot forward stance ),

I'm in San Diego,own a small business and surf as much as possible. I've been into travel and adventure since hopping freight trains as a kid and hitchhiking through Africa at age 19.

I like getting out to remote locations,controversial destinations and everywhere else.

I've had the opportunity to go to the North Pole by Russian icebreaker,round trip to JFK-LHR on the Concorde (thanks Randy!),Tibet,Cuba, North Korea and over 100 United Nations listed countries.

FT has been fabulous for getting me places and making the journey much more comfortable.

Safe & Happy travels to you.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: SPG - Platinum 100+ | United Gold Premier | Hertz President Circle | Avis Presidents Club
I am Sky Traveler - Hear Me Roar

My name is James - I am an analyst at a Global Technology Consulting Firm where I specialize in Software as a Service and Cloud Computing implementations.

I'm in my early 20's and newly corporate after graduating from Boston University. When I'm not enjoying Heavenly Beds and Group 2 boarding, I am a Ground Team Leader for a national Search and Rescue organization, enjoy Ice Climbing, and Camping.

Looking forward to learning a ton here and contributing to the community.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:00 am

Hi there !
FlyingSwede has joined the game. Have been flying frequently since mid 80s.
Have flown with more than 60 different airlines over the years,and
numerous aircrafts.
Still missing some good one's like Virgin. Never did go on Concorde, was
planning to book a ticket when the whole thing was grounded..
Now I eagerly anticipate flying the new A380.
Very interested in all moving things, planes, cars etc.
Also likes to play a round of golf, or just spend time with my family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.