Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

How about meeting in SAN?

How about meeting in SAN?

Old May 6, 2001, 11:03 pm

Captain Mike: Put me down for a definite maybe: I may have to take one of the kids to settle them in to college that weekend.
Old May 7, 2001, 1:30 pm
Original Member

Captain Mike, please put me and my wife
down for a maybe for now. We should be
able to confirm NLT than the end of June.
Old May 7, 2001, 5:17 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
Eastwest looks forward to visiting everyone in San Diego.

Please confirm me for the event. I have a few questions SD1K but I will email you privately on them.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
-levi aka eastwest
Old May 7, 2001, 5:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I have a Priceline room in Mira Mesa at Homestead Village (2*) for $30 a night (plus $5 bonus money) for Thurs, Fri, Sat. This is 17 miles out from the airport, but worthwhile for me. Bid on other San Diego zones without sucess at this price, and added it on as my last option. I'll have a rental car, as I have some friends that work in and around San Diego I want to catch up with this weekend, too.

I've previously stayed at Homestead Village at BWI and it will be just fine for my needs.
Old May 7, 2001, 8:27 pm

Folks who aren't sure of their plans yet: heed the advice about booking a hotel room anyway. Rooms are scarce in the downtown area.
Old May 8, 2001, 11:37 am
Community Director Emerita

Breaking news: markbach has generously volunteered to create a website for us! He saw the need and stepped forward. Aye, aye, Captain! We'll post the link as soon as it's up.

RichardMEL, I'm sorry you won't be able to join us. eastwest, I think that currently makes you the one from the furthest distance to be coming. And Village Idiot, you'll be ably holding up the international representation of FlyerTalk.

I am delighted at the local FTers who are jumping on board. It will be a pleasure to get to know some of my local competition for those UA upgrades.
Old May 8, 2001, 2:59 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
I am confirmed. Still hammering out flight plans, but most likely will arrive about 12:00pm Friday, and depart 8:00 Sunday night. I've currently got a room booked at the Sheraton Harbor/Marina for Fri/Sat nights ($149/night AAA rate), but that might change if I get a good priceline deal.

I've never been to SAN before, but everyone says the zoo is amazing, so maybe we could get a group to visit the zoo for a few hours on Sunday?
Old May 8, 2001, 3:01 pm

Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.

[This message has been edited by markbach (edited 05-08-2001).]
Old May 8, 2001, 3:03 pm

Old May 8, 2001, 3:05 pm

Old May 8, 2001, 3:05 pm

Old May 8, 2001, 3:07 pm

can we say..."timeout"????

Old May 8, 2001, 4:20 pm

I just got the very same Sheraton San Diego Harbor for $60 on Priceline!
Old May 8, 2001, 4:37 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
Okay, you all might think I am silly BUT I want to do this event on the cheap. I was thinking about looking for a local hostel for lodging but I wanted to see if anyone wanted to share a room.

I am 26, male, and not smelly. I will be getting a rental car and would be happy to assist in getting a roomie (or anyone else for that matter) around San Diego. I am game for the zoo, a trip to Tijuana, or just about anything else.

Of course I will be happy to split the room costs 50/50. (You can have the relevant miles or stay points.)

Best regards,
-levi aka eastwest
Old May 8, 2001, 11:30 pm

*drumroll* Presenting....the official San Diego Weekend Website...
http://sandiego.markbach.com/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.