Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Altbier in Düsseldorf in November

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2000, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold
You gotta admire those fast decision makers here I already booked my beat-up car for the trip (no miles, though )
Old Jul 18, 2000, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Bernie: What do you think - can we also demonstrate the difference between the Rheinländer and the Westfale? (disclaimer: I am neither...)
Old Jul 19, 2000, 3:45 am
In Memoriam

MIZU. No chance, no comparison possible ! Would the "Westfalen" make look way too bad. So, if you are not ... then what ? "Ostfriese" ? What countrymen are we supposed to compare ?

RUDI. I'm quite surprised, you seem to be a carnival fan. If this is true, you'll need to get here during the "three mad days" next year. Especially "Rosenmontag" (most valued holiday here), when the entire city is going crazy + 2 million visitors to the "Rosenmontagszug" (parade). Hate to say that but for "season's start" you are better off to the "Alter Markt" at Cologne. "Die Kölner" love this special day a lot more than we do. More people, more fun. GRRR !

Old Jul 19, 2000, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Bernie: Niedersachse that is, and definitely not from "Ostfriesland" - how dare you... But living in Muenster for almost 8 years puts me in the "Zugezogen"-Westphalian category I'm afraid...
Old Jul 19, 2000, 5:20 am

Mizu, Niedersachse like from Osnabrück?
Old Jul 19, 2000, 5:23 am

Berni, I experienced "Weiberfastnacht" at the Alter Markt in Köln once. Being from Hamburg I found it quite frightening...

[This message has been edited by curt (edited 07-19-2000).]
Old Jul 19, 2000, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Curt: Hameln...
Old Jul 19, 2000, 5:30 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
My mother (had to leave Germany in 1939 ...) was borne in Mainz and grew up in Würselen bei Aachen.

Do you tolerate a MCC/MCV-fan (did active participate at a Prunkfürstensitzung once) in Düsseldorf?
Old Jul 19, 2000, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
So tentatively that is now so far:

MIZU
RUDI & GISELA
BERNIE
THE BANDIT
PUNKI
OZSTAMPS
GK
KOKONUTZ
eMAILMAN
CURT

Not too bad for a few days posting! Let's try and get this number up - it is the first F.T. meeting in Europe after all!

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 07-19-2000).]
Old Jul 19, 2000, 8:35 am
In Memoriam

Wahrscheinlich auch NDetroit, echte Schwob,

und LFTom, Kassler. Catman-Mark, kommst mit?
Old Jul 19, 2000, 8:36 am
In Memoriam

my goodness, Mizu, a Niedersachse becoming a Westfalian. What a terrible combination, transformation, The output must be some totally humourless human being

- speaking the very best German, of course

Rudi, accepted, no problem, as long as you don't have any "kölner Blut" in your veins.

Curt, having some friends from the north understand your pain. Taking part in (and being part of) that "strange habit" for some 30 yrs. I myself didn't participate for about the last ten years. But it's always fun to introduce some newbies. seeing how and if they like or are "not amused". Thanks again for your mail(s).

Ozstamps and OTHERS, for what I understood there are some participants already decided.

RUDI and GISELA, MIZU and myself. Who's next ?
Old Jul 19, 2000, 8:40 am

my goodness, Mizu, a Niedersachse becoming a Westfalian. What a terrible combination, transformation, The output must be some totally humourless human being
(no offense, Mizu!)

Old Jul 19, 2000, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Bernie .. read the post above!! Many are locked in it looks like. They put too much of it in English it seems You guys embarrass me with your Language skills. Apart from English all I speak and understand are strine and New Zealand (some of that one, anyway).

If we get enough starters for 10 or 15 Hotel rooms it may be worth considering looking for a group rate deal. 1 a.m. Thursday here, so I will talk to United during the day re my flights.

RUDI ... Bernie feels your Hotel is not terribly Central ... are you happy to maybe relocate if a similar Star hotel was able to be bulk booked? Or maybe we try for a bulk rate at Rudi's hotel and split the cabfares?

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 07-19-2000).]
Old Jul 19, 2000, 10:42 am
In Memoriam

curt .... ???
you ???
making jokes on the lack of humorous genes ???
as a "Hamburger" ???
frightened of just some carnival in Cologne ???

C'mon

ozstamps, this is just some nationals insider talk, which I believe every nation has. Some countrymen are conbsidered to be "stupid" (in Germany: Ostfriesen), some "humuorous" (G.: Rheinländer), some "dull" (G.: Westfalen), some ".....rdly" (G.: Schwaben)

.... and the Swiss are considered "mentally slow" here. See, as we all know by example, this is just a klischee.
Old Jul 19, 2000, 11:07 am

bernie, I'm a natural born "Pälzer" and moved to Hamburg a long time ago. And btw, we Hamburger do have a good laugh but you have to have a close look

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.