LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XI, October 6-8, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XI, October 6-8, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:30 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
As a n00b to this DO, for which activities is an advance RSVP strongly suggested?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
As a n00b to this DO, for which activities is an advance RSVP strongly suggested?
Probably only dinners. rxgeek is thinking of Merrick Inn Thursday and maybe somewhere Fri/Sat at a nice place in Midway. Otherwise likely not necessary.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is it worth trying to make travel plans to arrive early enough in the day on Thursday for the Merrill Inn dinner? I might be able to do this.

Please consider me as a yes for the Friday night dinner.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is it worth trying to make travel plans to arrive early enough in the day on Thursday for the Merrill Inn dinner? I might be able to do this.

Please consider me as a yes for the Friday night dinner.
Merrick Inn is a very nice place. Google it.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Merrick Inn is a very nice place. Google it.
I just did. You guys wouldn't like to go instead on Friday night, would you? It's not easy for me to get into LEX in time for dinner on Thursday.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I don't think I'll be in town in time for Friday dinner, but put me down for whatever Saturday plan.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Slim pickings as far as hotels go this close to the date... had to book all the way out in Richmond because I couldn't find anything in Lexington.

Landing in SDF on Friday afternoon, so I'm in for dinner on Friday night. And of course, I booked an evening flight on Sunday so I don't miss Stella's.

Was anyone interested in the UK football game?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Dinner Signup Lists

***To avoid confusion (mine) please pm your reply to me.***
These are both outstanding restaurants with lots of atmosphere, not to mention choices of bourbons.

Who's in for the Merrick Inn on Thursday at 7:30pm? The reservation will be under Rick.
http://www.themerrickinn.com/

Who's in for the Holly Hill Inn on Friday at 7pm? The reservation will be under Rick.
http://www.hollyhillinn.com/#gem
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rxgeek
***To avoid confusion (mine) please pm your reply to me.***
These are both outstanding restaurants with lots of atmosphere, not to mention choices of bourbons.

Who's in for the Merrick Inn on Thursday at 7:30pm? The reservation will be under Rick.
http://www.themerrickinn.com/

Who's in for the Holly Hill Inn on Friday at 7pm? The reservation will be under Rick.
http://www.hollyhillinn.com/#gem
Please put me down with +2 (my parents) for Merrick Thursday. May add brother/SIL/nephews. And/or my t-shirt friend Bill/wife. Will advise.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: US, HH
Looks like I may make this, should be able to confirm by Saturday.

Will there be space to join the Icelandic farm outing?

Other than that I should be able to do Friday dinner, Saturday dinner, Sunday brunch. Sunday should have until about 2pm before I'll need to head to the airport.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GrjApp
Looks like I may make this, should be able to confirm by Saturday.

Will there be space to join the Icelandic farm outing?

Other than that I should be able to do Friday dinner, Saturday dinner, Sunday brunch. Sunday should have until about 2pm before I'll need to head to the airport.
Sounds good.

Yes, no limit on Icelandic farm, no reservations needed. Not sure what time yet. I have been planning to go by myself.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Sounds good.

Yes, no limit on Icelandic farm, no reservations needed. Not sure what time yet. I have been planning to go by myself.
I'm planning on going to the horse show too. Could you provide some guidance on address, town, directions, or anything you think might help someone driving in an unfamiliar area. Thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cocobird
I'm planning on going to the horse show too. Could you provide some guidance on address, town, directions, or anything you think might help someone driving in an unfamiliar area. Thanks.
Address here: http://lettleikiicelandics.com

North of I-64, between LEX and SDF.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Flights to CVG are pretty cheap right now. Seriously thinking about coming up Thursday morning, but depends on what hotels look like.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I'm officially in. Booked a very cheap flight but making up for it in hotel rates. At the Hilton Garden Inn which is a little bit out of the way(southeast of campus.) Will see if anything better opens up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.