Search

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XI, October 6-8, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Fun at the Four Points!

I will swing by around 8:30 this morning to see if anyone wants a ride to see some Icelandic horses. After that I plan to meet some folks at West Sixth Brewing for lunch, around 1. There is a seafood takeout restaurant immediately adjacent.

Text me or check here for updates.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: US, HH
Planning on being at the horse farm by 10 and likely to join for lunch at the brewery.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some notes on Alltech:

This is a brewery and a distillery, in separate buildings, with the gift shop and tour entrance in a historic building.

To drive from the Four Points, follow Newtown straight over a railroad crossing, past Main Streeet (where you would turn left to go downtown), over a bridge, and then turn left (there's a light and you see Alltech from the intersection as it's right there at the corner, despite the official address on a side street) into a divided street that quickly branches into two one way streets. Immediately turn right to the official address or follow the signs a bit further past their buildings to the visitor parking lot on the right.

You don't need reservations or tickets in advance. When I called, they said that very few tickets were sold via the website and most people just walked in, with apparently no problems (at least yesterday, Friday) with particular tours being sold out.

Their visitor parking lot is too small. There are a few places to parallel park creatively near the loading dock as you exit the parking lot, which is what I did, but the better strategy is to loop around and hope to get a space on the street going between the buildings, where the tour entrance and gift shop are located.

Cost was $11 in person, AMEX accepted, but IIRC it was $10 online.

My tour guide was outstanding: knowledgeable and entertaining. Tour lasted about an hour and a half. You get four tokens for samples from about seven beers at the halfway point or at the end, a choice of whiskey, bourbon, rye, two rums and an Irish coffee like beverage. Then they give some extra samples of the really good stuff where it's sold at the very end, although I think this is mostly for those who might buy it.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GrjApp
Planning on being at the horse farm by 10 and likely to join for lunch at the brewery.
Ok. Want a ride to horse farm?

I am in lobby of 4 Pts, 8:50 am Sat.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: US, HH
Thanks, I am not at 4P, so will just meet at the horse farm.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GrjApp
Thanks, I am not at 4P, so will just meet at the horse farm.
Ok, see ya
Old Oct 7, 2017, 7:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Still planning on Alltech at 11, will meet up with you all for lunch at 1.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

At the farm with Psyduck1.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Zorak and I are at West Sixth Brewing for beers and lunch sitting in the covered patio area.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Zorak and I are at West Sixth Brewing for beers and lunch sitting in the covered patio area.
We got delayed at the horse farm. Probably almost an hour yet for us. You guys can likely figure out something to do.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
We got delayed at the horse farm. Probably almost an hour yet for us. You guys can likely figure out something to do.
I mean, we are at a brewery I think we'll survive
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Traffic is at a dead stop on the interstate.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

We've had our beer and food and decamped to go hunt a Wild Turkey! We'll catch up with y'all at the potluck around 5
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
We've had our beer and food and decamped to go hunt a Wild Turkey! We'll catch up with y'all at the potluck around 5
Cool tour the bridge by the storage house is cool and the tasting room is a nice old school building.. I favored the green rye bottle! Enjoy!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Sorry to miss this great DO again but work and airline rev mgmt evidently are not my friends and chose to not cooperate with my plans!

No doubt, a good time is being had by all. Regards to all, especially the host's most gracious folks. It's amazing the continue to put up with the likes of us!

Enjoy the races & have some biscuits for me @Stellas!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.