Search

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XI, October 6-8, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Santander
I just arrived in LEX, so I'm up for whatever. Brewpub sounds good.
I am running around. We might be able to add you in for a 6:30 reservation at Chatham's if you like.

I may go to Beer Trappe after dinner.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I am running around. We might be able to add you in for a 6:30 reservation at Chatham's if you like.

I may go to Beer Trappe after dinner.
Thanks, but I'll be going to the Holly Hill Inn for dinner. Beer Trappe after sounds good though.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Santander
Thanks, but I'll be going to the Holly Hill Inn for dinner. Beer Trappe after sounds good though.
You got my number, right, in the PM?

Text me.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is anyone going to Holly Hill tonight from the Four Points?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
If you guys are still out and about around 10:30 post up where you are since Z and I'll be rolling into town from CVG.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
If you guys are still out and about around 10:30 post up where you are since Z and I'll be rolling into town from CVG.
Ok, will do.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Well just reading through this thread has me missing the old times!!! Win say hi to your folks for me.. is Makers Mark in town as well? Have fun!
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Well just reading through this thread has me missing the old times!!! Win say hi to your folks for me.. is Makers Mark in town as well? Have fun!
Hi, L!

Hope you can come again and visit sometime. Dad is almost 87 and mom not far behind, still in the same house and doing well. They go to a trainer twice a week for exercise. They always ask if you are coming back.

Brother did not come this time. Work is interfering with his life. Sad!
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looks like the Holly Hill crowd is just finishing up. I think they are headed back to hotel. Will post if I hear different.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I can swing by hotel tomorrow on my way to Icelandic farm if anyone wants a ride. Maybe 8:30 am. Text me or post here.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Well, I'm always up for a drink. Let me know if you're interested this evening.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Looks like the Holly Hill crowd is just finishing up. I think they are headed back to hotel. Will post if I hear different.
I'm back at the Four Points "yours is a very bad hotel" now.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:17 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm back at the Four Points "yours is a very bad hotel" now.
At Country Boy Brewing with krazykanuck and Santander right now.

When we checked in at the 4P a guy was getting walked and understandably not very happy about it. More on that later.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
At Country Boy Brewing with krazykanuck and Santander right now.

When we checked in at the 4P a guy was getting walked and understandably not very happy about it. More on that later.
My car almost got walked tonight. Despite this being a very very busy weekend here, the hotel decided to block off a big portion of their parking lot in order to rent it out to some car show according to the front desk. There were also some big tow trucks parked right at the front entrance blocking traffic when I returned from dinner.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
So on our way carpooling from CVG, krazykanuck and I were discussing our plans for the evening, and whether we would go somewhere first and then return to the 4P to check in, and decided we would at least check in and drop bags off, just as protection against anything dumb happening with the room (possession being 9/10 of the law etc.). I mean, I'm not opposed to accepting walk compensation, but where would they walk us to? (foreshadowing)

So we pull up to the 4P and as I entered the lobby I forget the exact words but I heard one of the FDAs saying something to a guy that clearly indicated that he did not in fact have a room. I waited patiently in line and got called up by the other FDA (who I think also had a manager tag) and meanwhile I could clearly hear that the first FDA was calling another property to book a room for this displaced guest.

As the manager was finishing up checking me in, the guest next to us, having heard her thank me for being a Platinum member, said something like "so I don't understand, I was here first, why does he get a room and I don't? I'm a rewards member too!" And the FDA made some bland response that he didn't find satisfactory, and eventually she just said she was just following policy.

Up until this point the guy had been clearly unhappy but still pretty civil, but now came the F bombs. "So now I have to drive, 100 miles, because you guys made a mistake, etc." They tried to apologize, but he wasn't having any of it. "Sorry doesn't cut it, what are you going to do about this, find me a closer room" and the manager was trying to explain how that was physically impossible given how busy it is this weekend. And so on. And he's continuing with the F bombs.

He did turn to me at one point and say "I'm sorry, this isn't personal against you" and then continued berating the staff. I was still following the mantra of "don't get involved in other people's " until he said "and I don't usually curse."

At this point I could no longer restrain myself: "I find that very hard to believe." Turns to me: " you. Nobody's talking to you." "Well actually you were talking to me about 30 seconds ago." " you" again. "OK because this really seems to be helping." "It is!" Shrug, "ok, whatever" and I took my keys and left, but he continued to hurl inappropriately personal remarks at our backs.

I mean, I totally get why he was incensed, and it's a crappy situation, and airlines/hotels screw people over by overbooking and getting burned (especially when you know it's going to be a completely full weekend) but it always amazes me that people think that acting like this is going to accomplish anything.

Oh, I almost forgot: he also swore "I am never going to spend another dime in a Sheraton again." I am surprised that a loyal "rewards member" is unaware of the distinction between a Sheraton and a 4P. I didn't think to ask him if he was planning to boycott any other SPG properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.