LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XI, October 6-8, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XI, October 6-8, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My car and I will be leaving the 4Pts for Stellas in a few minutes. I'll look around on my way out for any stragglers needing a ride.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bk3day
have some biscuits for me
Mission accomplished!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looks like no horse racing for us today. Raining like a big dog.

Maybe another bourbon tour?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Well I'm sitting at the Sky Club in CVG waiting for my flight home. Thanks again to toomanybooks for organizing and good to see many of yall again. Until next time!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Winding down. This morning we had breakfast at Stella's, bourbon tour at Barrel House, ice cream at Crank and Boom, quick trip to Equus Run Winery, and now at Ethereal for a beer.

One person went to Keeneland in the rain and about half have already headed to airport.

See some of you and some new folks in April!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Thanks toomanybooks for organizing this. Fun weekend as always. Good to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones as well. Hope to be back soon!
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Happy belated birthday to Zorak, October 6th, 19XX. We missed our chance to sing to him.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:05 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Happy belated birthday to Zorak, October 6th, 19XX. We missed our chance to sing to him.
Thanks, you didn't need to, really

Thanks to toomanybooks & family for hosting! It was great meeting and re-meeting FT friends new and old!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I am at LEX, waiting for the 8:17 am to ORD. No bump for me, sadly.

Thanks to all for coming.

The Four Points has disappointed again. Starting to look at the downtown Hyatt Regency, a category 2 (4000 + $55). Hilton (40k) is across the street with Exec Lounge. Not much else in a chain hotel right there; 10-15 minute drive likely for Marriott, etc.

Both have airport shuttles, which may obviate the need for so many people to get rental cars. Plenty of restaurants and nightspots within walking distance.

For April, looking at either the 6th-8th or a week later for possible dates. Feel free to PM me your thoughts on the next DO.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Thanks

Another great DO in the history books. Thanks for a great time.
The 4P is getting new competition. A BW is being built across the street. Doesn't look like it will be ready by April but should be in the fall.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I am at LEX, waiting for the 8:17 am to ORD. No bump for me, sadly.

Thanks to all for coming.

The Four Points has disappointed again. Starting to look at the downtown Hyatt Regency, a category 2 (4000 + $55). Hilton (40k) is across the street with Exec Lounge. Not much else in a chain hotel right there; 10-15 minute drive likely for Marriott, etc.

Both have airport shuttles, which may obviate the need for so many people to get rental cars. Plenty of restaurants and nightspots within walking distance.

For April, looking at either the 6th-8th or a week later for possible dates. Feel free to PM me your thoughts on the next DO.
I was just going to post that I saw the Hyatt Regency's van at the airport yesterday.

I also drove into the Marriott resort across the interstate from the OnePoint. The grounds are pretty and when you enter, you're facing the golf clubhouse which looks like a historic building. However, the hotel is over to the left and looks like a large aging modern suburban Marriott building. I didn't attempt to go inside, but to me the hotel itself did not look appealing unless it's rather cheap (including any resort and/or parking fees).
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
For those that fly in and out of LEX, the Kentucky Ale Taproom has been added to the Priority Pass restaurant network. $28/pp credit.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...5-ec854aba7e77
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
For those that fly in and out of LEX, the Kentucky Ale Taproom has been added to the Priority Pass restaurant network. $28/pp credit.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...5-ec854aba7e77
Oh, man, wish I'd known this on Nov. 1.

That's just under 4 beers, last time I was there.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.