LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XI, October 6-8, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XI, October 6-8, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:24 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
What are your flight times? I'm going in/out of CVG around the same ish time. Landing ~9:30pm, departing mid/late afternoon.
Sent you an email.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
What are your flight times? I'm going in/out of CVG around the same ish time. Landing ~9:30pm, departing mid/late afternoon.
Similar to my flights in and out of CVG - I will send both of you PMs momentarily.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Just talked to my friend Maggie, whose Icelandic horse farm/facility is mentioned in the OP. The weekend of the LEX DO, they are having special demonstrations/training/competition and we are invited to come. Looks like a big national/international event. Doors open 9 am Saturday, no fee, no ticketing/reservation needed. Just show up.

I know virtually nothing about these horses, other than they are unique and this facility is likely the best in the US. See pics in Facebook link below.

Link:

http://lettleikiicelandics.com/lettl...how-2017oct-6/

https://m.facebook.com/graphsearch/3...photos-ranking

I am planning to go Sat morning. It's about an hour from LEX, on the way to Louisville. You could sensibly combine this with distillery tours in/around Louisville.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Sep 14, 2017 at 7:19 am
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just found out there is a home UK football game Oct. 7.

So reservations during the DO if anyone wants dinner somewhere specific might not be amiss.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
I love the new stuff this year. We're coming Thu and would like to do the same restaurants Thu & Fri as last year if the group agrees. Anyone know if the Louisville Slugger factory does tours & if you need to reserve?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I just found out there is a home UK football game Oct. 7.
Might not be a bad game, for those that that follow football. They're playing Mizzou, and it's homecoming weekend.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rxgeek
I love the new stuff this year. We're coming Thu and would like to do the same restaurants Thu & Fri as last year if the group agrees. Anyone know if the Louisville Slugger factory does tours & if you need to reserve?
Do not know about Louisville Slugger.

You mean Merrick Inn and that fancy place in Midway?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Might not be a bad game, for those that that follow football. They're playing Mizzou, and it's homecoming weekend.
Tickets should be readily available.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Am excited about the horse show and would love to eat at the restaurants I missed last time because of my cancelled flights. Count me in!
Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Do not know about Louisville Slugger.

You mean Merrick Inn and that fancy place in Midway?
Yes.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rxgeek
Yes.
Sounds good. I cannot commit for sure yet to any dinners (though Thursday at Merrick sounds likely for me), so why don't you organize this? Thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Pencil me in.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Santander
Pencil me in.
See you there!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hopefully, I'm in, although I'm still trying to finalize arrangements and make sure that I don't have a schedule conflict after all. My tentative plan is to arrive late Thursday, stay at the FourPoints (have reservation), and leave sometime on Monday.

I'm definitely interested in going to Old Friends and stuff nearby. I'm also interested in the Kentucky Horse Park, although I was there years ago for some meeting reception at the time of the special Terra Cora warriors exhibit from China, so I probably shouldn't have first claim on one of cocobird's free tickets. Of course I also want to I go to the Icelandic horse farm, presumably whenever others are going (Saturday? Or maybe Sunday? Or both???). Similarly I'll go to Keeneland when others go, although I'm unlikely to want to stay for a long time. Going early some morning to see the horses exercise (and maybe have breakfast at the track) sounds interesting too.

I'm also probably interested in eating dinner someplace nice on Friday and/or Sunday if there's a group forming.

Any guesses on weather at this time of year?

Also, BTW, my RSVP for the event at our fearless organizer's parents' home is yes please. I plan to bring a bottle of wine.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Hopefully, I'm in, although I'm still trying to finalize arrangements and make sure that I don't have a schedule conflict after all. My tentative plan is to arrive late Thursday, stay at the FourPoints (have reservation), and leave sometime on Monday.

I'm definitely interested in going to Old Friends and stuff nearby. I'm also interested in the Kentucky Horse Park, although I was there years ago for some meeting reception at the time of the special Terra Cora warriors exhibit from China, so I probably shouldn't have first claim on one of cocobird's free tickets. Of course I also want to I go to the Icelandic horse farm, presumably whenever others are going (Saturday? Or maybe Sunday? Or both???). Similarly I'll go to Keeneland when others go, although I'm unlikely to want to stay for a long time. Going early some morning to see the horses exercise (and maybe have breakfast at the track) sounds interesting too.

I'm also probably interested in eating dinner someplace nice on Friday and/or Sunday if there's a group forming.

Any guesses on weather at this time of year?

Also, BTW, my RSVP for the event at our fearless organizer's parents' home is yes please. I plan to bring a bottle of wine.

Looks like a couple of us are going to the Icelandic horse farm Saturday late morning.

Weather should be high 70s. Pretty nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.