Reload this Page >

"If I ran FlyerTalk..."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"If I ran FlyerTalk..."

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:58 am

Either a mobile app or improved mobile site. An app where you could post photos from your phone easily would be great.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by PTravel
Well, that's you. The CD has never bothered to respond to multiple appeals that I had sent for over a year ...
I've had replies from the CD, including "It's never cool to call out a mod." Clearly the deck is stacked, and not in favor of FT's users.

A couple years ago, I was sharply chastised (and post deleted) by a moderator for posting a "commercial" link -- a .com domain. Back when Al Gore invented the internet, .com, .org & .net were reserved for specific usages, but those distinctions were removed well over 20 years ago. I removed all my recent content in that forum and have not posted there since. It's not my job to educate moderators who are stuck in a 1990 time warp.

The list could go on & on.

When I started here in 2004, my internet usage centered around FT. There was lots to learn, and lots of people to help learn it. Mileage Run used to be my favorite; today it's too cliquish to bother with.

Etc.

And this was reported by someone else in an off-site (not public, sorry) discussion of FT moderation that I have kept; I have no reason to doubt the veracity of the report:

" ... came back with, my ip address and other "tracking data" and said s/he was going to ban my IP address, even threatened to call my employer."

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jul 29, 2016 at 11:10 am
Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:08 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Thank you for all the suggestions!

We will be compiling a list of your answers and will return soon with a poll to help us define the future direction of FlyerTalk.

Paul

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.