"If I ran FlyerTalk..."

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:58 pm
No longer with Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Lightbulb "If I ran FlyerTalk..."

Hi FTers,

We are soliciting ways to improve the community and site experience.

Complete the sentence, "If I ran FlyerTalk..."

-The FT Team
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL & VS
I would add a [COMPLETE] tag to trip report titles. I open too many interesting trip reports just to realize they haven't started yet, so I forget about them.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:30 pm

I'd start by changing these low tech emojis to the latest ones. Where is that crying emoji when you need it?!

Next, I'd probably make OMNI visible so you don't have to log in to view topics. Sometimes, I just like to browse discussions without having to log in.

That's about it for now
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I want to see a "like" button for comments like Facebook offers. I would only offer "like" and not anything negative. I think this would help decrease multiple posts saying the same thing.

I would also like to see a seat map wiki. This would be a huge project, but Seatguru has such bad data, and updates are so delayed, that it would be really nice if we could do this ourselves.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
i'd get rid of the mobile site completely.

even on mobile devices, it's an awful experience. as much as one can choose to 'view full site', it'll eventually kick back to the mobile site.

perhaps there can be an account option where each user can completely disable the mobile site when logged in.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
I'd bring Randy back. And increase the minimum OMNI access requirements.

That said, you guys do run a pretty tight ship. I appreciate that you are soliciting feedback.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I want to see a "like" button for comments like Facebook offers. I would only offer "like" and not anything negative. I think this would help decrease multiple posts saying the same thing.
I would like to be able to "like" or "agree" or "LOL" to this post, similar to Facebook reactions, rather than post a reply.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by riphamilton
i'd get rid of the mobile site completely.

even on mobile devices, it's an awful experience. as much as one can choose to 'view full site', it'll eventually kick back to the mobile site.

perhaps there can be an account option where each user can completely disable the mobile site when logged in.
And the app is unusable. Fix it.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Unfortunately, I cannot answer this question honestly without violating the FlyerTalk T&C. In fact, it's even possible that making that statement could be a violation of the T&C.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
I'd get rid of the mobile website (or at least add a permanent opt-out rather than a cookie that just persists fir a week, make it easier to see new posts in a thread (the downward arrow icon is annoying to use [eg a small target to click on, especially on a phone), start deleting threads created by newbs who didn't even try reading the faq, and get a decent search engine that actually works.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Unfortunately, I cannot answer this question honestly without violating the FlyerTalk T&C. In fact, it's even possible that making that statement could be a violation of the T&C.
I agree with you.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Bring back the mobile.flyertalk.com interface. It was such a breeze to use on my bb, and my postings have decreased as a direct result of it being discontinued with the software upgrade.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
i would add a subscribe function, but only for the OP, so we can see when the OP updates and not when others comment
Old Jul 20, 2016, 2:47 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
There are web-based IQ tests that could be used to determine suitability for admittance to Omni/PR.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by maortega15
I'd start by changing these low tech emojis to the latest ones. Where is that crying emoji when you need it?!

Next, I'd probably make OMNI visible so you don't have to log in to view topics. Sometimes, I just like to browse discussions without having to log in.

That's about it for now
If OMNI is made visible without requiring logging in, I think you would see the participation in OMNI drop quite a bit. Years ago, OMNI was opened to the public view, and a lot of posters requested all posts or threads they'd made be deleted.
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
To some extent, this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.