FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   "If I ran FlyerTalk..." (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1779471-if-i-ran-flyertalk.html)

IBobi Jul 19, 2016 7:58 pm

"If I ran FlyerTalk..."

Hi FTers,

We are soliciting ways to improve the community and site experience.

Complete the sentence, "If I ran FlyerTalk..."

-The FT Team

SkiUtah747 Jul 19, 2016 8:13 pm

I would add a [COMPLETE] tag to trip report titles. I open too many interesting trip reports just to realize they haven't started yet, so I forget about them.

maortega15 Jul 19, 2016 8:30 pm

I'd start by changing these low tech emojis to the latest ones. Where is that crying emoji when you need it?! :D

Next, I'd probably make OMNI visible so you don't have to log in to view topics. Sometimes, I just like to browse discussions without having to log in.

That's about it for now :)

jdrtravel Jul 19, 2016 8:33 pm

I want to see a "like" button for comments like Facebook offers. I would only offer "like" and not anything negative. I think this would help decrease multiple posts saying the same thing.

I would also like to see a seat map wiki. This would be a huge project, but Seatguru has such bad data, and updates are so delayed, that it would be really nice if we could do this ourselves.

riphamilton Jul 19, 2016 9:16 pm

i'd get rid of the mobile site completely.

even on mobile devices, it's an awful experience. as much as one can choose to 'view full site', it'll eventually kick back to the mobile site.

perhaps there can be an account option where each user can completely disable the mobile site when logged in.

hoyateach Jul 19, 2016 9:22 pm

I'd bring Randy back. And increase the minimum OMNI access requirements.

That said, you guys do run a pretty tight ship. I appreciate that you are soliciting feedback.

SQ319 Jul 19, 2016 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel (Post 26940998)
I want to see a "like" button for comments like Facebook offers. I would only offer "like" and not anything negative. I think this would help decrease multiple posts saying the same thing.

I would like to be able to "like" or "agree" or "LOL" to this post, similar to Facebook reactions, rather than post a reply.

jdrtravel Jul 19, 2016 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by riphamilton (Post 26941098)
i'd get rid of the mobile site completely.

even on mobile devices, it's an awful experience. as much as one can choose to 'view full site', it'll eventually kick back to the mobile site.

perhaps there can be an account option where each user can completely disable the mobile site when logged in.

And the app is unusable. Fix it.

mahasamatman Jul 19, 2016 10:32 pm

Unfortunately, I cannot answer this question honestly without violating the FlyerTalk T&C. In fact, it's even possible that making that statement could be a violation of the T&C.

armus Jul 19, 2016 10:53 pm

I'd get rid of the mobile website (or at least add a permanent opt-out rather than a cookie that just persists fir a week, make it easier to see new posts in a thread (the downward arrow icon is annoying to use [eg a small target to click on, especially on a phone), start deleting threads created by newbs who didn't even try reading the faq, and get a decent search engine that actually works.

PTravel Jul 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 26941271)
Unfortunately, I cannot answer this question honestly without violating the FlyerTalk T&C. In fact, it's even possible that making that statement could be a violation of the T&C.

I agree with you.

beckoa Jul 19, 2016 11:35 pm

Bring back the mobile.flyertalk.com interface. It was such a breeze to use on my bb, and my postings have decreased as a direct result of it being discontinued with the software upgrade.

aidy Jul 20, 2016 2:18 am

i would add a subscribe function, but only for the OP, so we can see when the OP updates and not when others comment

747FC Jul 20, 2016 2:47 am

There are web-based IQ tests that could be used to determine suitability for admittance to Omni/PR.

kipper Jul 20, 2016 5:20 am

Originally Posted by maortega15 (Post 26940990)
I'd start by changing these low tech emojis to the latest ones. Where is that crying emoji when you need it?! :D

Next, I'd probably make OMNI visible so you don't have to log in to view topics. Sometimes, I just like to browse discussions without having to log in.

That's about it for now :)

If OMNI is made visible without requiring logging in, I think you would see the participation in OMNI drop quite a bit. Years ago, OMNI was opened to the public view, and a lot of posters requested all posts or threads they'd made be deleted.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 26941271)

To some extent, this.