Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2013 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: maskedmesothorium
Useful Information & Resources

New to Secret Santa, read this!
To see who's participating, go here!
USPS Prohibited Items
Keep customs charges in mind if you are shipping internationally or use a 'local' webstore such as amazon.ca / .co.uk / .de / etc.
Some interesting Secret Santa Statistics

Checklist

• Send PM to wharvey following the requirements set out in post 1 before the deadline of November 23, 2013.
  • Wait for your assignment
  • Start researching your assignment and get shopping
  • Notify wharvey of what you bought and that you sent your gifts, get a tracking number with delivery verification if possible
  • When you receive your gift, notify wharvey of what you received.
  • Post a photo or description here to show everyone what you got and publicly thank your Santa.

Hints, requests, and gift suggestions

Did you post about what you'd like to receive beyond what was in your PM? Any special requests or other requirements? Link that post here with your username.

kipper #1 #2 #3
Redhead #1
Jinxy #1
MrDplus #1
B7e7US #1
evanderm #1 #2

Gifts Sent (Don't forget to PM wharvey)

mpc7488
Redhead - all gifts sent to all 3 giftees
Jinxy | round 2
evanderm
slocouple |
CDTraveler
and
MrDplus
Underpressure
balima | more round2
timmy83
B7e7US
kaija
rwoman
miffSC
yunicorner
weather - 2 mailed with 1 to be delivered by other means
basejump
98103 all 3 shipped
oliver2002 - mailed 12/14 from NYC
want2fly4less- gifts sent from amazon.com on the 21st of November
dcstudent - all gifts sent and received by my giftees (according to USPS and UPS tracking). I don't know if one of my recipients likes cats, but he got a case of them anyways.
hgiphl
tcl
nrdk
The Deal Mommy
maskedmesothorium
Polomarc
skyemema
nomadic.relief
MissJoeyDFW sent all three, all three confirmed received.
WIRunner - Both sent 1 completely delivered, 1 mostly
medichill
lisamcgu - all my gifts have been sent and delivered over the past two months.
silverhalide post 1 post 2
Gomac 2 of 2
Jeffie
SESTAR
Skyemema 1 of 1 delivered.
TravelConcierge
jackal - sent Priority Mail 12/18, USPS confirmed delivery 12/20
elCheapoDeluxe - sent 21-Nov-2013

Gifts Received (Don't forget to PM wharvey)

Oliver2002 post
elf618 post post post post post
soccerfanz10 post
Gomac post
LAtraveler1 post
Jinxy post
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21957924-post486.html
dibby post
oenophilist post
woofly post
timmy83 post post
balima post post post
rwoman post 1, 2, and 3
tcl post post post post post post post post
MoreMilesPlease Post
WIRunner Post 1 of 2
Redhead Post
Underpressure Post
evanderm Post
miffSc Post 1 of 2 Picture 1 of 2
basejump Post
98103 - 1st Post 2nd Post
AussieOzzie Post
CDTraveler
want2fly4lessPost
MrDPlus post 1 of 2
B7e7US Post
lisamcgu Post
wto605 Post
weather 2 gifts received, 3rd arrived!!
nomadic.relief 1 of 3 Post
Jerseygirl17 post 1 and 2
MissJoeyDFW All 3 gifts received
SESTAR
SLOCouple 2 gifts received:
Post and Post
mpc7488 Gift #1
silverhalide post 1 and 2
hginphl
Jeffie Post 1 and Post 2
yunicorner post 1 and 2
nrdk
elCheapoDeluxe - Received 20-Nov-2013 and opened 25-Dec-2013
jackal post
medichill post
maskedmesothorium post

Who's your Santa

Think you've figured it out?! Link to your speculation (or confirmation) posts on who has sent you your gifts. Have some fun and leave some clues, be cryptic.

balima post
tcl post postpost
miffSC Post
nrdk Post
wto605 Post

How to post pictures of your gifts
A guide from the Travel Photography forum
Print Wikipost

JOIN IN - OFFICIAL 2013 Secret Santa Extravaganza!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
Wow, Just Wow! What a wonderful gift from a very generous SS!
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Gomac
Apologies for the late posting, I have been traveling!

I hope you all had a great Christmas!

From my first SS I received a Hilton Gift Card (much appreciated the drinks in NY on you) I also received a guide for my travels which came in very handy as well some some cool BA memorabilia which I really enjoyed. Thank you very much whoever you are (I can't figure it out although did have an idea as you were one of the first to send the gifts)

My second SS had to reveal themselves in order to present me with my gift, which is a flight in his Diamond DA-40-NG 4 seater aircraft to a nice lunch or anywhere we like and back, for up to 3 people all I can say is WOW.... I was really overwhelmed when I received the gift and very excited what's more the aircraft is brand new and he said I can even have a go at flying it! I look forward to meeting my SS2 and thank you again for your extremely generous gift!

I can see that at least one of my giftees enjoyed their presents and I hope the other one did too!

I will try an post some pics of my flight on this thread if people are interested.

All the best, and I look forward to doing it again next year!!
Wow! Hopefully your SS will let you take pictures of this gift.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Just received my last package from my third Secret Santa. It seems some of the elves were having too much Merry Berry Xmas Punch and sent some of my gifts to another recipient. (Shout out to CDTraveler for forwarding my gift). I now have two lovely wine coasters - one says Wine is Life and the other Liquid Happiness. How does my Secret Santa know me sooooo well.
I also received a vacuum wine sealer. Ok, occasionally that 2nd bottle doesn't get finished. I have always wanted one of these and now I will get to try it. Great excuse for opening a bottle with dinner tonight. Now.... what goes with leftovers??????

Thank you to my secret santa who ever they are. SS wants to remain anonymous and I will respect that - not that I have a choice - LOL.
But, great gifts all around. This was my first year, and after signing up for only one, I added two more. What fun. Looking forward to next year.

Sad that this is over. Maybe a Secret Valentine???????
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Gomac
My second SS had to reveal themselves in order to present me with my gift, which is a flight in his Diamond DA-40-NG 4 seater aircraft to a nice lunch or anywhere we like and back, for up to 3 people all I can say is WOW.... I was really overwhelmed when I received the gift and very excited what's more the aircraft is brand new and he said I can even have a go at flying it! I look forward to meeting my SS2 and thank you again for your extremely generous gift!
OMG!! I want your Santa next year!

I trained in that aircraft's little brother (the DA-20 2-seater) but never finished my PPL. It's on my bucket list one of these days when I can come up with a spare $5K or so.

Hint for my Secret Santa next year...if you are a CFI and own a plane, ~15-20 hours of free instruction to get me back to where I was would be an AWESEOME gift. (I suppose I could pay for the fuel...)
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by balima
Just received my last package from my third Secret Santa. It seems some of the elves were having too much Merry Berry Xmas Punch and sent some of my gifts to another recipient. (Shout out to CDTraveler for forwarding my gift). I now have two lovely wine coasters - one says Wine is Life and the other Liquid Happiness. How does my Secret Santa know me sooooo well.
I also received a vacuum wine sealer. Ok, occasionally that 2nd bottle doesn't get finished. I have always wanted one of these and now I will get to try it. Great excuse for opening a bottle with dinner tonight. Now.... what goes with leftovers??????

Thank you to my secret santa who ever they are. SS wants to remain anonymous and I will respect that - not that I have a choice - LOL.
But, great gifts all around. This was my first year, and after signing up for only one, I added two more. What fun. Looking forward to next year.

I guess it's a good thing Santa has helpers everywhere!

And speaking of Secret Santas..... I, being a good little elf myself, received two of my packages (the incredible packing cubes which are now packed and ready to head to the SIN Do with me) from my Secret Santa delivered by Amazon.... and of course there is an envelope enclosed which said, 'Do Not Open' - so I didn't.... until today. I was cleaning and there was that little envelope under a magazine... opening it, I think I can figure out that my Secret Santa was nicksterguy?????

Last edited by miffSC; Jan 10, 2014 at 10:37 pm Reason: Had to add a comma!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 1:18 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors, Marriott, United
Still Waiting

To My SS #3,

Would you please send the gift card information? Since I do not have a physical card or email from the merchant I would appreciate it if you would provide the information to me. Thank you.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:20 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
So today I got another package from my SS. It was supposed to be delivered before christmas, but a combination of slow french mail plus myself leaving early and returning after the hold time at the post office, didn't allow me to get it until today.

Anyways, I want to thank my SS for such amazing present!!!!

It's the world map in mondrian style.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:13 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I am working on it JerseyGirl.... not good to throw away codes!

I believe your Santa is still traveling.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl17
To My SS #3,

Would you please send the gift card information? Since I do not have a physical card or email from the merchant I would appreciate it if you would provide the information to me. Thank you.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 1:05 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Originally Posted by balima

Sadly, there just might be a Secret Valentine or Secret Bunny in the form of a backup Santa for those who had bad Santas.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey
I am working on it JerseyGirl.... not good to throw away codes!

I believe your Santa is still traveling.
Thank you Wharvey---you're the best!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:36 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
You should now have the Gift Card information in your PM.

Do not throw it away this time!

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl17
Thank you Wharvey---you're the best!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:01 am

I would like to thank my SS #3 for the $50 American Airlines certificate. It was on my wish list and will be put to good use.

Jerseygirl17
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:24 pm

Thank you very much to my secret santa! There was a problem with the USPS losing the package, but Santa opened an investigation and eventually everything was resolved. It was an emotional whirlwind from thinking my Santa had forgotten about me to receiving my gifts after traveling internationally.

I especially love the commemorative benchmark. I go geocaching sometimes, and tracking down USGS benchmarks is a side game on the geocaching website. So I've seen many of these in my day. Thanks again to barscheeze for the thoughtful and unique gifts. I might have to take you up on the offer for a hike... I'll be in HNL thanks to the Delta mistake fares, but hopefully back on the big island in the not so distant future. Of course, I'd be happy to come work for the USGS in Hawaii, too

Last edited by maskedmesothorium; Jan 14, 2014 at 1:30 pm
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:32 pm

I sent out a belated Secret Santa gift today to someone who their original Secret Santa missed their house for some reason. I hope the person likes the gift, let's just say I almost wish I were my own Secret Santa because it was some pretty nice stuff!

Wharvey is so nice for coordinating this whole Secret Santa thing, especially the make-up round of gifts.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
Only a $250 fine? I'm surprised those aren't stolen all the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.