Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013-Registration SOLD OUT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by eddyatft
Howie, thanks for the reply.
To be frankly at the moment I am deciding between your session or the SkyPeso.
I am currently managing the family acct (2 adults and 3 kids). I am looking to maximize points collection and usage, especially for hotels, we need two rooms at the very least to sleep comfortably most of the time

Probably should just go to your session instead of Delta. I almost gave up on Delta... their redemption is super hard and expensive.
I share your Delta pain. I'm around the whole weekend so don't hesitate to stop by and ask any questions about my session if you go to the Delta one too of course!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Talking

Originally Posted by hdawg
I share your Delta pain. I'm around the whole weekend so don't hesitate to stop by and ask any questions about my session if you go to the Delta one too of course!
Personally I think all the Delta parts are going to be the BEST part of the DO! ^
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Discount Available for DL Flights

We've just finalized a meeting discount for those planning to travel on DL to the event. Deal is remarkably similar to the UA arrangement previously described in Post 62. Full details later today.

And yes saltytheseagull we are working on an AA deal although that one is moving slowly.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Did you have no success w/ booking for 2, or booking a non-smoking room? I'd probably go ahead & book, and then contact the hotel re: non-smoking.

Cheers.
Thanks.
I did call the hotel. My wife wants to attend, too. The only available room for two was smoking with two beds. The hotel is sold out, except for blocked space and there are no Code=CSH non smoking rooms for two ($89 per night) left.

I booked a non smoking room at the overflow hotel and will make a final decision in a week or so on canceling my session registration or registering my wife.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 3:41 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Meeting Planner Points to be Raffled for Charity

This year the Holiday Inn will again be providing meeting planner points based on our total spending at the hotel. Last year it was about 146,000 PC points.

We will be donating those to our charity raffle this year as well.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Originally Posted by Frugal Travel Guy
This year the Holiday Inn will again be providing meeting planner points based on our total spending at the hotel. Last year it was about 146,000 PC points.

We will be donating those to our charity raffle this year as well.
Very awesome!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 5:28 pm

Question Seminar hotels

I called the host hotel about an hour ago and was told they are sold out, although the gentleman I spoke to seemed unsure about how many rooms are for seminar guests at the special rate. My understanding is that all the rooms are... is that correct? I called the overflow hotel and their "seminar rate" is higher than the host hotel... is that correct? Again, the gentleman I spoke to seemed unsure of himself.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 6:15 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by 02odyssey
I called the host hotel about an hour ago and was told they are sold out, although the gentleman I spoke to seemed unsure about how many rooms are for seminar guests at the special rate. My understanding is that all the rooms are... is that correct? I called the overflow hotel and their "seminar rate" is higher than the host hotel... is that correct? Again, the gentleman I spoke to seemed unsure of himself.
the entire hotel is ours that weekend. the overflow hotel is about 10-15 more per night
Old Mar 13, 2013, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by jons623
Thanks.
I did call the hotel. My wife wants to attend, too. The only available room for two was smoking with two beds. The hotel is sold out, except for blocked space and there are no Code=CSH non smoking rooms for two ($89 per night) left.

I booked a non smoking room at the overflow hotel and will make a final decision in a week or so on canceling my session registration or registering my wife.
Last year, I got upgraded to a King Executive room at arrival. We arrived Friday at around 2pm.

We are also non smokers, but I would take the smoking room at the host hotel over the non host if those were my choices. I would then try to swap as time get's closer.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
I suppose staying at the Sheraton across the street from the overflow hotel and trying to sneak on the event shuttle is not a good idea. Thoughts?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by YRKInsider
And yes saltytheseagull we are working on an AA deal although that one is moving slowly.
Excellent.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:41 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Personally I think all the Delta parts are going to be the BEST part of the DO! ^
I resemble that remark .

The Delta seminar will emphasize how to maximize Delta miles by being able to book three round trip flights using the equivalent of two award tickets. We are not going to elaborate on this concept any further until the seminar itself. We will also cover how to accrue Delta miles relatively inexpensively and other Delta-related topics. According to Frugal Travel Guy, people really have enjoyed this seminar in the past. This will be the third year it will be presented, though the first time Delta Points will be co-leading it.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:12 pm

Thumbs up Delta Seminar

Originally posted by fti
The Delta seminar will emphasize how to maximize Delta miles by being able to book three round trip flights using the equivalent of two award tickets. We are not going to elaborate on this concept any further until the seminar itself. We will also cover how to accrue Delta miles relatively inexpensively and other Delta-related topics. According to Frugal Travel Guy, people really have enjoyed this seminar in the past. This will be the third year it will be presented, though the first time Delta Points will be co-leading it.

I and my companions definitely enjoyed, and learned a lot at, the Delta seminar last year. With MSP (a Delta hub) as our home airport, it was especially helpful to hear from someone with the same home airport, although anyone who flies Delta, in particular those near a Delta hub, should find the information very helpful. Will definitely be attending this seminar again!
Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Last year the Host Hotel Shuttle seem to be willing to take you anywhere, so if you need to go to another nearby hotel should not be a problem..

The guys really went out of their way for the FT bunch last year...
The Holiday Inn Group were Great...
They did take us to the Pizza Joint, but not the Burlie Q
Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:41 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by hdawg
Howie ,can you share the template for your spreadsheet here or via PM, please ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.