Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013-Registration SOLD OUT

Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013-Registration SOLD OUT

Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BenH
I for one won’t consider a ticket until this information is made available.
It will be your loss if you don't attend. I'm returning for the 4th time because I've learned something significant every time plus met some great people who continue to be the source of ongoing wisdom.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt
This will be the first time I've attended one of these, and I'm pretty excited about it.

One question--how firm is my session selection that I choose when registering? There are a couple I'm torn between, do you really have to decide now?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NurseC
Is there are way to subscribe to this thread?
Scroll to the top of this page and look for the tab labelled Thread Tools which when clicked will give you a drop down list that provides the option to subscribe to this thread.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by rharrigill
This will be the first time I've attended one of these, and I'm pretty excited about it.

One question--how firm is my session selection that I choose when registering? There are a couple I'm torn between, do you really have to decide now?
You should be able to change through http://www.eventbrite.com/mytickets if space is available.

you can email [email protected] with questions however.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:58 am

I'm new to all this and would be interested in attending. Since I live in Chicago, I'd also be happy to volunteer! Please send me information, thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: UA .75K, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I'm in! Thanks for setting this up again.. always a great source of current events on this topic.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:51 am

I'm just getting into this world and would love to attend! However, I think I could only make 1/2 day or so. Is there potential for a reduced fee or pay per session?
I'll be getting ready and running the Chicago Marathon which is on that Sunday.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Would someone please clarify what the International bootcamp will cover. I am tring to decide which session to choose. Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by hdawg
You should be able to change through http://www.eventbrite.com/mytickets if space is available.

you can email [email protected] with questions however.
Ahh I see, got it. I'm signed up now, thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 12:53 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by amolkold
Glad to see tickets are transferable, but $20 to transfer? At least it's a step in the right direction ...
My guess is that you have never planned a large event before. I have (though not for 400+ people). I can tell you that $20 is CHEAP. You can't even begin to imagine how many hours Rick and Howie put into this event just for the love of seeing others gain insights into our hobby/addiction.

Originally Posted by BenH
Can you please post a synopsis of each talk?
Im local to Chicago and considering attending (would be first visit) but would like to have more than a 4 word description of what is included in each talk. I understand the need for specific techniques not to be disclosed publicly, but these speakers should be able to provide a paragraph or two explaining their credentials and what they plan to impart.

I for one wont consider a ticket until this information is made available.

thanks!
Perhaps PM the various speakers if you want. Usually a bit more descriptive seminar topics are posted as the seminar gets closer. All I can say is that if you come you will not be disappointed. There is so much information shared that it is almost impossible not to leave with new-found insights as well as new friends.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I went last year, Stay the the Holliday Inn, great buch of employees at the hotel.,

Been doing points and miles for over 20 years..and yet I picked up many new ideas, and meet some decent people...computer guy was super..he's a hacker..with lots of tips, for the road...

Well worth your time and the dime...on the road again to do it again...

Food is good at the Hotel also...they will take you down the road if you like..
Just good people that let's you know they care...Can not say enough about the staff.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
registered for seminar. hotel room booked. pretty much a no brainer for me b/c each time i attend, i come away refreshed and enthused about this "hobby". looking forward to October!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP/CK, SPG LT Platinum(RIP), Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I'm in. Looking forward to learning something new and interesting.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by TravelKat14
I'm new to all this and would be interested in attending. Since I live in Chicago, I'd also be happy to volunteer! Please send me information, thanks!
TravelCat Welcome to FT. You will ove this seminar Glad a fellow Chicagoan is also volunteering.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
[QUOTE=fti;20372222]My guess is that you have never planned a large event before. I have (though not for 400+ people). I can tell you that $20 is CHEAP. You can't even begin to imagine how many hours Rick and Howie put into this event just for the love of seeing others gain insights into our hobby/addiction.

+1
I have seen Rick & Howie pull this off for the last two years. Worked long hours at registration desk both times.

So yes $ 20 trf fee is a bargaib, especially if you ask the buyer to pay it ! If you are th eseller, heck you are an FTer, you know how to handle it !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.