Soup Do 9: Friday June 1 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Soup Do 9: Friday June 1 2012

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Catman,

I really was hoping to join in on Friday night, but have to bow out. A friend is coming up from FLL, and this will sadly force my hand. I kept saying but Janice, to no avail.

The good news is that I'm still allowed my Saturday and Sunday with my Flyertalk friends.

dh
Old May 30, 2012, 12:31 am

Programs: Choice Hotels Platinum
Hi, Catman! Before you submit your final count to the restaurant, I'd like to throw my name in for Soup Do as well, so add me to the First Time Souper category, please and thanks
Old May 31, 2012, 11:44 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

One day to Soup DO

Dhammer and gless... sorry you can't make it.

Yegcitied... looking forward to meeting you

If anyone's on the fence please let me know your plans. I will tell the restaurant 20 are coming. If there are last minutes they can add on

Looking foward to this!
Old May 31, 2012, 9:18 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

FYI if you have to bow out please call the restaurant so they can adjust numbers. Reservation is under Mark Blanchard.

Right now I booked a party of 20 which I think will cover us.

One question from La Bonne... would you all prefer individual checks or one or two checks to a Flyertalker and the rest pay cash (i'm planning on paying cash... I'll give my miles to whomever)

See you in less than 24 hours!
Old May 31, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
No longer simply one of Les Possibles.

I'm a confirmed YES, or a OUI, or whatever. See you at La Bonne Soupe tomorrow evening.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Catman
FYI if you have to bow out please call the restaurant so they can adjust numbers. Reservation is under Mark Blanchard.

Right now I booked a party of 20 which I think will cover us.

One question from La Bonne... would you all prefer individual checks or one or two checks to a Flyertalker and the rest pay cash (i'm planning on paying cash... I'll give my miles to whomever)

See you in less than 24 hours!
I'm partial to earning miles (especially double miles at restaurants) but will do cash if it's in the interests of the group.

See you all soon!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:08 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

BK3day..it will be nice to see u again!

I dont think La Bonne is on any restaurant programs.

We can figure out separate or several checks when we get there.

Im impressed La Bonne again offers options.

See u in less than 12 hrs...if u need my Phone #...PM Me

PS...I will be bringing a special guest.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:36 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Yay it's our special day!

I have a bit of a tight connection in ATL today and if I'm late I apologize in advance I'll be paying with cash but am happy to hand it to a FTer if he or she wants to use their card for the miles. See everyone tonight!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by CMK10
Yay it's our special day!

I have a bit of a tight connection in ATL today and if I'm late I apologize in advance I'll be paying with cash but am happy to hand it to a FTer if he or she wants to use their card for the miles. See everyone tonight!
I'm in the US club at PIT right now. On to CLE for a long layover and will be arriving at LGA at 6:44pm.

I should have enough time to stop at my friend's on Roosevelt Island and drop my bag off and still make it there by 8pm.

See everyone soon!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
I am stuck in traffic on my way into Manhattan. Looking forward meeting everyone tonight.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
How nice of you to dedicate this Soup Do to Magic 111 and Newself, two very nice men who we all miss.

Enjoy your evening. Sounds wonderful. I hope to make it next year if it doesn't back up too tightly to the Oz Do....

Cheers to you all.
dede
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Well I'm at ATL halfway to New York! At least, that's one way to look at it, haha. They annouced my flight to EWR is boarding but I wanted to take the time to update the thread AND have a Sweetwater 420 on tap at the Skyclub first
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dedehans
How nice of you to dedicate this Soup Do to Magic 111 and Newself, two very nice men who we all miss.
I'm not normally a +1 guy, but in this case, I'll make an exception. ^

+1
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:22 pm

Well I spoke too soon Flow control delay into all NY airports including ground stops. ATL-EWR stopped boarding halfway through, we're looking at at least a 40 minute delay out of here so I'll definitely be late. I apologize in advance, I just hope to make it by 9. Have them save some soup for me!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DCA/IAD/BWI have ground stops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.