Soup Do 9: Friday June 1 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Soup Do 9: Friday June 1 2012

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 11:22 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Is it too late to add me to the list? I'm a local and would love to take part in what seems to be the ultimate travel geek get-together

-J.
They'd better add you! It will be good to see you again
Old May 11, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: DL DM
If there is room, me and +1 would like to join. Will be my first time for this and the BRT.
Old May 13, 2012, 10:00 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Sorry for the delay in response... I'ver been busy with Cat Sits...

Kipper Family must come first and while I so want to meet you that time will come. I'm not going anywhere.

May I offer this to youa nd MR. Kipper... please come to NYC and when you do we'll do a Mr and Mrs Kipper Special Soup Do in yoru Honor. I do't know if the angel Doggies can come too (the reestuarnt said my Cats cannot but then again Eddie wanted his own room)

Im guessing Doggies are OK... Cats are not

jzweighaft and Rapid Travel Chai.. welcome. I think you will find this one of the most easy going FT DOS youc an go to.

FYI there is still time and room to join the party. A well respected FTer joined the party day of and I know someone will cancel. I give La Bonne a final number the day before but they are accomodating to any Soup Crashers

I learned the hard way to always leave the door open for any last minute FTer to come in so there's room... come aboard.

I SO will need this evening. I LOVE being a Cat sitter but I wold also love to talk travel and other stuff with people who can answer back with more than just MEOW
Old May 14, 2012, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Catman
Sorry for the delay in response... I'ver been busy with Cat Sits...

Kipper Family must come first and while I so want to meet you that time will come. I'm not going anywhere.

May I offer this to youa nd MR. Kipper... please come to NYC and when you do we'll do a Mr and Mrs Kipper Special Soup Do in yoru Honor. I do't know if the angel Doggies can come too (the reestuarnt said my Cats cannot but then again Eddie wanted his own room)

Im guessing Doggies are OK... Cats are not
I think Empress Cobaka would probably insist on her own room, complete with several servants. However, I would be honored to venture up there some time for a special Soup Do, once Mr. Kipper is back and things have settled down a bit.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:07 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Kipper...you and Mr Kipper are welcome to come up...give me a little norice and Ill put it together...We did this for the SanDiego 1Ks once...a great eveni
Old May 14, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
Originally Posted by CMK10
I got my plane tickets today so I guess it's for real! I'm scheduled into EWR at 6:51 PM so if all goes well I'll be at LBS right on time. Let's hope it does.
EWR ? I'm sure you know this already, but the only way to midtown that time of day is Airtrain > NJTransit > Penn Sta > E train to 53rd and Fifth Ave. Walk two short blocks north and half block west.

Friday evening inbound Lincoln Tunnel by Taxi is good for 60 min plus. Avoid that.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bdnyc
EWR ? I'm sure you know this already, but the only way to midtown that time of day is Airtrain > NJTransit > Penn Sta > E train to 53rd and Fifth Ave. Walk two short blocks north and half block west.

Friday evening inbound Lincoln Tunnel by Taxi is good for 60 min plus. Avoid that.
That's how I plan to do it, but I do appreciate the explanation. No way I'm coming to New York and not sticking to public transit!
Old May 17, 2012, 9:33 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Friendly weekly bump with two weeks to go before another great soup DO

There's room if anyone else wants to join the party
Old May 18, 2012, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I'm approved to leave work at noon on 6/1 so as long as I don't misconnect on the express bus, I should be there with a lot of time to spare.
Old May 21, 2012, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Two things:
  1. Just found out that since school is closed on Monday (for Memorial Day... duhh I should have known that) I'll have class Friday. I get out at noon but with any luck I'll have a job by then, but I don't think I'll be late.
    and
  2. How much trouble am I in if I'm allergic to cats

-J.
Old May 22, 2012, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
How much trouble am I in if I'm allergic to cats
This is a big issue, but not to worry. I'm allergic too. Once you attend a local NYC event, you're given a lifetime membership in The Alley Cats.
This is one group where you don't have to worry about sneezing.

I'm sure Catman will add his purr-fect 4 paws to this conversation.

Shameless plug for WineDo.

dh
Old May 25, 2012, 11:29 am

Sounds great - count me in for my inaugural Soup Do and NYCDO.
Old May 25, 2012, 11:43 am

Yay Soup DO is one week from today!
Old May 27, 2012, 10:04 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Less than a week to Soup Do and cant wait to see everyone

Theres still some room. I plan to call in a final guest number by Thursday so if you want to join the party let me know

Cant wait for this
Old May 29, 2012, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I just got back from Hong Kong and its almost time for NYC!!!!!. I cancelled my previous hotel in Chealsea as I just booked Marriott Marquis for $175 a night on priceline (50% off the last minute rate of $350 a night). Much closer to soup and I get out earlier from work so unless the bus breaks down ill be there on time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.