Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

There's No Place Like Nome DO: Ode to the Alaskan Midnight Sun (June 21-24, 2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: How many FlyerTalkers does it take to change a flat tire?
BOB W
3.85%
7.69%
20+
30.77%
What's a tire?
11.54%
What's a car?
19.23%
Call your Amex concierge
38.46%
Skykit!!!
7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

There's No Place Like Nome DO: Ode to the Alaskan Midnight Sun (June 21-24, 2012)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Still missin a few sourdoughs though...

CDKing - were you trying to use miles for all of it or just OW?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Still missin a few sourdoughs though...

CDKing - were you trying to use miles for all of it or just OW?
AS much as possible
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by CDKing
AS much as possible
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:09 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
FAI-ANC-OME is only available at Choice level (12.5K miles), but still better than $300 cash.
OME-ANC an easy grab for 7.5K miles.

I'm tentatively in, need to work on my SEA-ANC and ANC-SEA legs. I'm not used to paying $200-$300 one-way out of SEA, but it sounds like this trip will be worth it. Would be my first time to AS' namesake state, and this seems like a great way to do it!
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by baliktad
FAI-ANC-OME is only available at Choice level (12.5K miles), but still better than $300 cash.
OME-ANC an easy grab for 7.5K miles.

I'm tentatively in, need to work on my SEA-ANC and ANC-SEA legs. I'm not used to paying $200-$300 one-way out of SEA, but it sounds like this trip will be worth it. Would be my first time to AS' namesake state, and this seems like a great way to do it!
We've started a new thread for help with using AS miles to get up to and around Alaska: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post17025463

Last edited by jackal; Sep 2, 2011 at 4:51 pm
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any idea how long the post do might be? I'm seeing BOS-ANC super saver Y (Full flex F )on Midweek. Any idea what to do for 6 hour layover in JNU?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:35 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Any idea how long the post do might be? I'm seeing BOS-ANC super saver Y (Full flex F )on Midweek. Any idea what to do for 6 hour layover in JNU?
In Juneau go see the Mendenhall Glacier! Local bus gets you about a mile away, then you can walk the rest of the way.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Probably won't do another big multi-day trip like we did last time to Denali, but we can definitely keep you occupied all day Monday. Pushing past Tuesday might be stretching it for me, but it's too early to tell right now for me...
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Schedule Change

I just made a change to the schedule for the FAI-OME and OME-ANC portions of the trip. The change allows us more time in Fairbanks, more time in Nome, and flights with plenty of Saver award seats available.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All in myself... was tempted to add a flight to ADK but would miss the BBQ
OME-ADK at 7.5K Miles?

Mark me as confirmed for all events. I'm booked for the inter-Alaska flights and will set up EF alert in case super saver decides to open back up.

I will be arriving in Anchorage on Wednesday. Was sad to make award bookings before my balance could show 500K
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jackal
I just made a change to the schedule for the FAI-OME and OME-ANC portions of the trip. The change allows us more time in Fairbanks, more time in Nome, and flights with plenty of Saver award seats available.
Now to rebook Not looking forward to the early wakeup call but i'm sure i can find someplace close to the airport

Last edited by CDKing; Aug 30, 2011 at 7:21 pm
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

OME-ADK at 7.5K Miles?

Mark me as confirmed for all events. I'm booked for the inter-Alaska flights and will set up EF alert in case super saver decides to open back up.

I will be arriving in Anchorage on Wednesday. Was sad to make award bookings before my balance could show 500K
Yep, OME-ANC/stopoverforaslongasyoulike/ANC-AnywhereelseinAlaska for 7,500 miles. Best award deal on AS!

Check the schedule above and rebook your flights. Saver space should be available!
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Now to rebook Not looking forward to the early wakeup call but i'm sure i can find someplace close to the airport
rebooked...hope it stays as not everyone is MVPG on AS...
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

rebooked...hope it stays as not everyone is MVPG on AS...
only 72 hours to change minds for non elites as award. Maybe i should have kept the origional and booked seperate for the new
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

only 72 hours to change minds for non elites as award. Maybe i should have kept the origional and booked seperate for the new
I'm pretty happy with the schedule. I canceled my old award, so we're not going back to the old one. (Which means you can now grab my saver seat on it if you want... )

Got a KILLER deal on 12pax vans in FAI...pricing glitch, I suspect, but I grabbed 3 vans. Hope not more than 36 people show up for this!

Shall I book more vans just in case? Any volunteers to drive?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.