Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wiki/Reviewi For TYN 90K Fixed Redemption Strategies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wiki/Reviewi For TYN 90K Fixed Redemption Strategies

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Unless you have done this successful recently, all the way thru the ticketing step, I would not count on this.

2 posters have posted right after your post, about how they got to the last step of actually ticketing the new itinerary, and received error messages. Both had to call to get the new tickets issued. Brownie said she was not charged the $50, zlc said he was, as his receipt showed $200 fee, instead of $150.

So, does this mean that even for DL, if one wants to make it sure, one needs to stop by an airport location?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 1:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fwallets
So, does this mean that even for DL, if one wants to make it sure, one needs to stop by an airport location?
I didn't respond to Happy's last post in response to mine because I haven't actually completed a rebooking during the past 30 days. However, when I do pull the trigger, I'm certainly going to attempt to do so online. And, if that fails, I'm planning on calling Delta. Since I've had very good experiences with DL and TYP, I feel no pressure whatsoever to make a trip to the airport.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Happy
AA also does it in paper voucher, so UA is not alone. You dont like paper voucher, then dont fly AA or UA, go with DL and CO.

That is the reason WHY so many advise to do the reticketing at airport and get the residual vouchers right at the spot, esp for those whose voucher value is in the few thousand $ range.

No one who opted to do it at airport has reported such difficuty. Some dont even need to do rebooking, just a simple cancellation and got back full value in form of PAPER Voucher.
I'm not going to choose an airline on the basis of a paper vs. electronic refund policy. And I know that going to the airport is preferable, but the nearest UA airport is about 90 minutes away. Next time, I'll make the drive, but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

Anyway, it's a "heads up" for anyone else who is waiting on a UA paper voucher, call to make sure it actually has been processed.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by brownie20
thanks for the quick reply! i meant to ask before if the extra 10K would roll over to the next year, not "transfer," but i guess it's just lost either way - good to know!
interestingly, i called thankyou networks and was told that the annual cap is 200,000 points, not 100,000. 100,000 flight points cap, 200,000 total. the woman i spoke w/at thankyou network sounded a lot more knowledgeable than the ppe rep, so hopefully that's the case. anyone know for certain what the annual cap is? thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2009, 11:29 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by brownie20
interestingly, i called thankyou networks and was told that the annual cap is 200,000 points, not 100,000. 100,000 flight points cap, 200,000 total. the woman i spoke w/at thankyou network sounded a lot more knowledgeable than the ppe rep, so hopefully that's the case. anyone know for certain what the annual cap is? thanks!
It is 100K (up to 50K from flight points) for non-elite version and 200K (up to 100K from flight points) for elite version.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by gv111
It is 100K (up to 50K from flight points) for non-elite version and 200K (up to 100K from flight points) for elite version.
thanks so much for the confirmation! it seems the premierpass elite rep had been quoting me the regular pp caps. will not need to force another member of the family to apply for a ppe card now -thanks again!

ps does anyone know if european budget airlines earn thank you points? last year one was flown but didnt post, and i've booked some more tickets for this year... thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2009, 1:49 pm

Question - Citi PPE return/refund and the effect to posted TYP?

I have a question concerning return/refund Citi PPE purchase and the effect of this to TYP already posted.

Assuming I started with 10k flight points, and 0 purchase points,

Month 1: made 5k charge, so transferred 5k+5k= 10k TYP and still have 5k
unmatched flight points.

Month 2: return the product and fund 5k, what is going to be the fact?

(a). -10k deducted from TYP, and still have 5k unmatched flight points (ie.
just reverse the month 1's gain completely)
(b). -5k deducted from TYP, but has 0 flights points (i.e. the -5k effect
applied to remaining flight points first)
(c). -5k deducted from TYP, and still have 5k unmatched flight points (ie.
the fligth points part is ignored)

Anybody happens to know the answer?

Thanks a lot!
Old Mar 18, 2009, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My guess is (c).

Flight points do not come into picture until there are purchase pts to match with it, so the 5K flight pts would be out of the picture until you have made up the deficeit of the negative 5K purchase pt, and then any new purchase pts add from that pt, would trigger release of flight pts.

Also your -5K purchase pts would definitely be transferred to your TYN account and reduce the balance. I dont know if your TYN account has low bal, would it create a negative bal in your TYN account?

Not sure if TYN system has built in design to match negative purchase pt with previous released flight pt. My guess is, the already released flight pts would stay.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by susieling
I have a question concerning return/refund Citi PPE purchase and the effect of this to TYP already posted.

------------------------------
I have a similar question. I have a promotion on my PPE card for 4X bonus points on each purchase for 6 months starting month 1.

Month 1: made 1k charge. So get 5K TY points (1K regular + 4K bonus)
Month 2: return the 1K product, and there is no other transaction?

What will be the result in month 2?

1) -5K points
2) -1K points

I am inclined to think it will be 1. However with some other companies, I have experienced it to be 2. If anybody has any experience in this regard with Citi, please share. Thanks.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:09 pm

went to the airport to have a continental itinerary "changed" after 1) being unsuccesful in getting the $25 expedia fee waived by phone and 2) realizing we might need to use the credit to buy more tickets in the next few days before one could be mailed to us (used up the last ETC w/a ticket purchase today). w/the last continental ticket and the delta ticket i was only charged the change fee but the continental reps i spoke with yesterday and today all were aware of the $25 fee so it's definitely YMMV. took over an hour for the airport counter to issue the ETC (and 2 hours parking!), but i was eventually able to get the pin so i'm happy. was NOT charged the $25 expedia fee, just the $150 change fee. would definitely recommend setting an hour aside if anyone's planning on going to the airport for their ETC's. hope everyone's having as much fun using the ETC's as i am!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 8:04 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
eTicket/eCredit experience with DL

Used my $2676 from TYP redemption on DL yesterday. Was unable to book online; the website couldn't locate my eTicket # either by number or using my FF #. Used an agent (with $20 fee per ticket) to book JFK-BON-JFK for myself and then for my wife and son. Received itineraries by email along with the new eCredit voucher # with an expiration date of 1 year from yesterday, not one year from the original ticketing date or cancelation date. Booked another flight online today with part of the remaining eCredit and was issued a new eCredit voucher number, also with the expiration 1 year from yesterday (no change from before).

Hope this experience helps your planning. Seems to suggest that the eCredit is valid for a year from the date that you convert the canceled eTicket into a voucher and a they issue an eCredit.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
I am having an absolute blast using my ETCs with Jet Blue and Delta. Only issue is I sometimes need to fly AA, UAL or US Airways and I don't have any credits with those folks. Has anyone figured out a way of making new friends that might have complimentary ETCs where a win-win could be arranged?
Old Mar 27, 2009, 2:41 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Originally Posted by ZapperO
I am having an absolute blast using my ETCs with Jet Blue and Delta. Only issue is I sometimes need to fly AA, UAL or US Airways and I don't have any credits with those folks. Has anyone figured out a way of making new friends that might have complimentary ETCs where a win-win could be arranged?
There is the Coupon Connection on here that does exactly that, but IIRC you need 90 posts in order to access it.

Sooo....keep posting!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Jetblue Mosaic (past)
Originally Posted by dinosims
There is the Coupon Connection on here that does exactly that, but IIRC you need 90 posts in order to access it.

Sooo....keep posting!
Good to know. Once you hit 90 posts, does it automatically appear somewhere or do you have to submit a request to someone to gain access?

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:34 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
I'm pretty sure it automatically appeared for me. It's located under the 'Community' forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.