Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citicards 60 day/ one application policy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2009, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by nightan
i opened a biz account with the same specs a couple of weeks back (i.e. I do not have a biz, used my name company with ZERO yrs and ZERO revenue). I'm still to cross the $750 spend so I don't know about the miles posting. I was not instantly approved. But got an email from them in about 4 days saying that my Biz account was approved with $4000 CL.
Thanks, nightan! I just applied: deferred. Will report back once I know more.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 7:56 am

Programs: AA (Gold)
Canceling Amex & Reapplying for New Bonus

Hi All - just to confirm: the annual fee came due on my Citi Amex statement yesterday. I plan to cancel this card and then reapply for a new one in order to get another 25k miles.

My question is this: do I need to wait for 60 days after this account has been closed to reapply for a new Citi AAdvantage Amex (same exact card type), or would I be OK doing it the same (or next) day?

I have not had any hard credit pulls from Citi since September '08. Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2009, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ckiggins
Hi All - just to confirm: the annual fee came due on my Citi Amex statement yesterday. I plan to cancel this card and then reapply for a new one in order to get another 25k miles.

My question is this: do I need to wait for 60 days after this account has been closed to reapply for a new Citi AAdvantage Amex (same exact card type), or would I be OK doing it the same (or next) day?

This question has been asked and answered numerous times in this thread.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by ckiggins

You don't even need to wait until after your first account has been closed, as it has been well over 60 days since the application of your first card. They will let you have two of the same exact card at once. You can also apply for the MC if you don't want the same exact card.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 12:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Originally Posted by deant
This question has been asked and answered numerous times in this thread.
I really think this thread is nothing more than asking and answering the same questions over and over again by people that wont take the time to either read it or do a simple search, perhaps it is time to gt a sticky and close this thread altogether.

Jim
Old Apr 19, 2009, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by CandymanJim
I really think this thread is nothing more than asking and answering the same questions over and over again by people that wont take the time to either read it or do a simple search, perhaps it is time to gt a sticky and close this thread altogether.

Jim
Here's a better idea: Those that don't find the thread of interest can stop reading it. And those looking for updates on the Citi churn and willing to wade through the repetition can continue to do so.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 1:38 pm

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
Here's a better idea: Those that don't find the thread of interest can stop reading it. And those looking for updates on the Citi churn and willing to wade through the repetition can continue to do so.
I agree - so what if a question has been asked before? The answer that applied 1 year ago or even 2 months ago to the same question may no longer be correct.

I fully agree that the rules regarding the Citi churn have been fairly constant, but why not answer a simple question for those who are not as experienced and need a bit of guidance, rather than being unhelpful.

Sometimes the search function on FT is very useful - other times, it very dubious - so why not give someone the benefit of the doubt and answer a question or point someone in a right direction.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by CandymanJim

Jim
With the thread being started in January 2008 and with almost 750 posts in 50 pages, it is not always easy to keep up with the content. If someone asks a question and I know the answer, I wouldn't mind answering it again even though it was already discussed on page 10 or 25.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
I see CandymanJim's point though... I don't like lazy people who just post to this thread without doing a simple "Search in this thread"... But anyway, this happens in every forum
Old Apr 19, 2009, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
I don't think it is too much to ask someone to look at the last 5 or 10 pages of the thread before asking a question. Most questions have been asked in those pages.

By looking at the last 10 pages, you would get the latest information without asking duplicate question.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 9:15 am

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
I should have been more clear with my comment, I think a Sticky would be more appropriate. They work good on other threads where the same repetitive questions are asked and answered over and over again..... I too hate to look, but when a Sticky is available it really helps to find the information simply for those that don't want to do a basic search or read the last 5 pages for the same question that is asked and answered every 5 pages.

FYI - I read this thread more to offer help or suggestions than to gain from it. Reading it often to offer assistance to the same questions gets tedious sometimes.

Jim
Old Apr 20, 2009, 9:22 am

I think a wikipost is more appropriate if they're allowed someday -- not to be confused with a wiki. A wikipost is usually the 2nd post in a thread and is editable by anyone.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:56 am

Biz card w/o biz: works

Originally Posted by JermanDude
Churning personal cards works fine for me, now I'm itching to try a biz card for some more miles. Problem is, I don't actually have a business.
I did, however, hear some mumbling to the effect that you can just name you 'biz' after yourself, call it a 'Sole Proprietorship', and put in zero for years in business and revenue (like a start-up). Has anyone done that successfully? Recently? TIA
Just to add another data point: I got approved for a biz card with 6k limit. Zero years in business, zero revenue. That'll be my 4th 25k miles bonus, hooray! (FICO hovering around 700, thin file)
Old Apr 20, 2009, 2:14 pm

30k now for Citi?

Just got an email from AA promoting the Citibank card and 30k bonus with the standard fare:

As a cardmember, you'll benefit from:
• 30,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles after $750 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership1 - more than enough for a travel award2
• No annual fee for the first 12 months*
• No blackout dates on AAdvantage® award travel3
• AAdvantage® miles may never expire4
• One AAdvantage® mile for every dollar spent on purchases5
Special benefits for Citi Select® / AAdvantage® American Express® cardmembers available through the entré® program6:
• Access to the Premium Hotel Program, which includes special offers such as room upgrades, early check-in, late check-out and more
• Car rental, cruise, spa offers and more
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® cardmembers can also enjoy:
• Savings on an Admirals Club® membership or on a renewal7
• Additional employee cards at no extra cost

It is for MC, AMEX and Business cards.

I tried to post the link, but it included the account number and name of the account holder, so here is the destination page from the targeted email:

M/C
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001
AMEX
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3033
Bus. M/C
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3006

Jim

Last edited by CandymanJim; Apr 20, 2009 at 2:27 pm
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Jim,
Thanks for the post. The links you posted didn't mention anything about number of miles, AFAIK. I did check the URL on the AAdvantage AMEX card direct through the citi.com page and your link. They are a little different.

citi.com is www DOT citicards.com/cards/acq/Apply.do?app=UNSOL&sc=BXDIW2W7&m=2MNWZCCW7WW&langI d=EN&siteId=CB&B=X&screenID=3033

your link is www DOT citicards.com/cards/acq/Apply.do?app=UNSOL&sc=BXDDE449&m=4QAEZDRWHHW&langI d=EN&siteId=CB&B=X&screenID=3033

So they are enough different so maybe your links will get me 30K miles. It's worth a try as I need to apply for a new card next week anyway.

Was there a phone # in your email for applying by phone?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.