Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citicards 60 day/ one application policy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:30 pm

Crap, the problem is I used my AA MC Biz card to sign up for the AA Dining whatever it is that I get 1000 miles for spending $25 at the affiliated restaurants. Let's say I spend $25 at the eligible restaurants, then cancel the card to apply for a new card. Would I still get the 1000 bonus miles? I think it would take a billing cycle for the 1000 miles to be posted

Thanks,
Old Apr 7, 2009, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
You should be fine. The AA Dining miles post a few days after you dine.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 8:31 pm

I have some stupid question:

1. Does the "7 credit pulls in 6 months" refer to inquires from Citi only, or inquiries from other banks also count?

2. I am thinking about consolidating my oldest Citi card (dividend platinum select, since 2001) with Citi Forward. Am I going to lose the long credit history?

Thanks a lot...
Old Apr 8, 2009, 12:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by gggould

1. Does the "7 credit pulls in 6 months" refer to inquires from Citi only, or inquiries from other banks also count?
Citi looks at ALL hard pulls on your credit report.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 7:23 am

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by gggould

2. I am thinking about consolidating my oldest Citi card (dividend platinum select, since 2001) with Citi Forward. Am I going to lose the long credit history?

Thanks a lot...
1. All hard pulls (citi & non-citi)

2. Yes, you will lose the history of whatever card you are consolidating. The only way to keep the history, is to convert your dividend platinum select to a citi forward, if they allow that.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:38 pm
Suspended

i called citibank and they told me the max miles i can earn on this card is 100k. that SUCKS.

i thought i read somewhere that citi has a card with unlimited miles if you are aadvantage elite?

(sorry, i didn't read all the posts in the thread - just skimmed and did a few searches, so apologize if i missed the answer).
Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:54 pm

"The maximum number of AAdvantage® miles you can earn with the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® is 100,000 AAdvantage® miles per calendar year. AAdvantage® bonus miles are excluded from this cap. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum® and AAdvantage Gold® members are excluded from this limit. "

https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/c...?screenID=1220
Old Apr 14, 2009, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
"The maximum number of AAdvantage® miles you can earn with the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® is 100,000 AAdvantage® miles per calendar year. AAdvantage® bonus miles are excluded from this cap. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum® and AAdvantage Gold® members are excluded from this limit. "

As I understand it, you need to spend more than $100k on that card before you hit the limit. The number of 25k miles opening bonuses is not limited by that. So, everything is good ^
Old Apr 14, 2009, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rrgg

awesome, thx. sounds like the agent was just misinformed.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 7:10 pm

After coming across these AA/ citi threads again a couple days ago I decided to go for round 2 (round 1 was last year but I took a break from churning to my score up so as to get a PenFed mortgage and auto loan, but anyway). Approved for the biz ($9k? weak) and the personal Amex for $15k. After miles post the personal will be consolidated into either the other AA or my Associated Bank card next time they runa 0% BT offer. Combined with the retention offer on my other card it was an easy half hour on the web/ phone to get 53k miles. Not bad.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 4:33 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Originally Posted by forextrader
Exactly like you - One M/C and One Amex - I have done this in August, October, January and March, and received only ONE inquiry per round.

My wife did receive, like you, TWO inquiries in January (august and october only 1 each time).

Because of this extra inquiry, she has had to delay her next round of AA cards from 2nd week of March until next week - once we apply I will report if she also received TWO new inquiries or just the one.

Daniel
UPDATE: My wife applied for AA M/C and AA Amex on April 1st - neither application got instant approval - she called, and both were approved.

I just checked her credit report, and she has only ONE inquiry from Citi on April 1 for BOTH cards.

So I have managed to do the double applications 4 times, each time only getting ONE inquiry.

My wife has also done the double app 4 times, 3 times ONE inquiry, and once she received TWO inquiries.

We were each due to apply for new Business cards last week, but the family was on vacation. Just to be extra safe, will wait until after April 22, to allow one more inquiry to fall off the 6 month list (we each have 6, so will drop to 5).
Old Apr 15, 2009, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by forextrader
UPDATE: My wife applied for AA M/C and AA Amex on April 1st - neither application got instant approval - she called, and both were approved.

I just checked her credit report, and she has only ONE inquiry from Citi on April 1 for BOTH cards.

So I have managed to do the double applications 4 times, each time only getting ONE inquiry.

My wife has also done the double app 4 times, 3 times ONE inquiry, and once she received TWO inquiries.

We were each due to apply for new Business cards last week, but the family was on vacation. Just to be extra safe, will wait until after April 22, to allow one more inquiry to fall off the 6 month list (we each have 6, so will drop to 5).
Hi forextrader,

Sorry I am confused, but do you break the "60 day/one application" policy when appling AA MC and AMEX at the same time?

My understanding is you can only apply one type of personal card every 60 day, and the number is 90 day for business card. So for example, "AA personal MC + AA business MC + PPE MC" should be fine, but "AA personal MC + AA personal AMEX" or "PPE MC + PP MC" won't work.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:01 pm

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
You are allowed 2 personal cards every 60 days with Citi - however, there is some evidence that suggests this may be a YMMV situation, with some people allowed only 1 card per 60 days.

To my understanding, these can be ANY 2 Citi personal cards - I prefer to apply for AA M/C and AA Amex at same time, to be on the safe side so that Citi do not think I "accidentally" applied for same card (same AA M/C) twice !!

However, I once did apply for TWO AA M/C at same time, and did get both.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:23 pm

Business card without business?

Churning personal cards works fine for me, now I'm itching to try a biz card for some more miles. Problem is, I don't actually have a business.
I did, however, hear some mumbling to the effect that you can just name you 'biz' after yourself, call it a 'Sole Proprietorship', and put in zero for years in business and revenue (like a start-up). Has anyone done that successfully? Recently? TIA
Old Apr 17, 2009, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by JermanDude
Churning personal cards works fine for me, now I'm itching to try a biz card for some more miles. Problem is, I don't actually have a business.
I did, however, hear some mumbling to the effect that you can just name you 'biz' after yourself, call it a 'Sole Proprietorship', and put in zero for years in business and revenue (like a start-up). Has anyone done that successfully? Recently? TIA
Hi jermandude,

i opened a biz account with the same specs a couple of weeks back (i.e. I do not have a biz, used my name company with ZERO yrs and ZERO revenue). I'm still to cross the $750 spend so I don't know about the miles posting. I was not instantly approved. But got an email from them in about 4 days saying that my Biz account was approved with $4000 CL.

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.