Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citicards 60 day/ one application policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2009, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

I forgot I originated this massive discussion thread! Should I delete it as I know some people do not like to let the 'cat out of the bag'? Or keep it as there is a wealth of useful information in it..
Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Originally Posted by veggie_lover
I forgot I originated this massive discussion thread! Should I delete it as I know some people do not like to let the 'cat out of the bag'? Or keep it as there is a wealth of useful information in it..
That cat is old and gray by now I say let her roll
Old Mar 10, 2009, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by joediver
+1
Old Mar 10, 2009, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by joediver
Cat's have nine lives, we will just spend even more time answering the same questions. Unless someone deletes all the new thread that start, when you get rid of this one.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 1:00 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Originally Posted by yosithezet
So has anyone recently been successful in applying and getting approval without getting this form letter?
Applied on Monday Mar 9 - got approved for AA MC and AA Amex - no letter.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 8:16 pm

Update. Got an e-mail today saying I was approved and the card would be in the mail...all is right in the world...my application on this card was originally placed on 2/24/09!!! Should I count the application from that original date or use today's date for 60 day purposes????
Old Mar 14, 2009, 2:04 pm

Citi Business card question

I know you can consolidate AAdvantage personal credit cards and their lines of credit. Can you do the same with AAdvantage business cards, or do you have to close one before applying for another?
Old Mar 14, 2009, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Citi seems loose with their money today. Applied for a AA biz card -- my first one for probably 90 days (had gotten a personal AA card about 6 weeks ago). This is the first time in about 2 years that I was approved immediately -- and given a $15000 line of credit.

BTW, is there any value in asking for a reduction in that credit limit on a biz card? Obviously, it is useless to me.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Joe Kaiser
Got an e-mail today saying I was approved and the card would be in the mail...all is right in the world...my application on this card was originally placed on 2/24/09!!! Should I count the application from that original date or use today's date for 60 day purposes????
WOW. 22 days for approval - something must have caused them to take a second and third look at your application. Because of the long time for approval, I would be cautious about applying for another card and would wait the 60 days to apply.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 9:09 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by deant
WOW. 22 days for approval - something must have caused them to take a second and third look at your application. Because of the long time for approval, I would be cautious about applying for another card and would wait the 60 days to apply.
They were probably just temporarily preoccupied counting all the trucks loaded with cash pallets from the US Treasury--you know, so they could balance. Balancing is important to banks. I think it's more likely that than a reflection on Joe's credit.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 4:46 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
I know you can consolidate AAdvantage personal credit cards and their lines of credit. Can you do the same with AAdvantage business cards, or do you have to close one before applying for another?
Several Citi reps have told me that the only way biz cards may be consolidated is if the biz names on each of the two is identical. Otherwise, no can do.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:30 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
I just got denied for over limit within 60 days. I normally do once a month: 1/11, 2/15, 3/14 (62 days from 1/11). the 1/11 application was approved several days later. so I feel they used their processing date instead of application date in my case.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:04 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by biggestbopper
Several Citi reps have told me that the only way biz cards may be consolidated is if the biz names on each of the two is identical. Otherwise, no can do.
As of this moment, they are NOT consolidating two business cards even if the business names are identical. If anybody has a different experience in calendar year 2009, I will like to hear from them.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 2:15 pm

HEADS UP!!

Received letter from Citi Credit Cards regardig a recent application for The AAdvantage Business MC Card,107 days since similiar card was issued.

Appears Policy has changed!!Letter states.

"It is our policy to accept only one credit request for a CitiBusiness(R) / AAdvantage(R) account from an individual or business within a 90-day period.Our records show you applied for credit with us within the past 90 days".

I did apply for a Personal (individual) AAdvantage MC card in February having waited the 60+++ days and said card was issued.

Phone conversation with CSR for clarification was informed that because it has not been 90 days since the February application (Personal) no new card (Business)would be issued.

There was no credit pull made so was told I would be eligible to apply again in May for either card type when the 90 day policy was met.

Therefore if understandig correctly any application submitted for either card one must now hold off for 90 day time period.

Hope the next change will not prevent requesting AAdvantage Personal MC and the AAdvantage Amex simultaneously.Who knows?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Getiton
HEADS UP!!

Received letter from Citi Credit Cards regardig a recent application for The AAdvantage Business MC Card,107 days since similiar card was issued.

Appears Policy has changed!!Letter states.

"It is our policy to accept only one credit request for a CitiBusiness(R) / AAdvantage(R) account from an individual or business within a 90-day period.Our records show you applied for credit with us within the past 90 days".

I did apply for a Personal (individual) AAdvantage MC card in February having waited the 60+++ days and said card was issued.

Phone conversation with CSR for clarification was informed that because it has not been 90 days since the February application (Personal) no new card (Business)would be issued.

There was no credit pull made so was told I would be eligible to apply again in May for either card type when the 90 day policy was met.

Therefore if understandig correctly any application submitted for either card one must now hold off for 90 day time period.

Hope the next change will not prevent requesting AAdvantage Personal MC and the AAdvantage Amex simultaneously.Who knows?
My wife just applied today for a new Personal MC and got an instant approval. Last application was just about a month ago. By the way, we do not have any business cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.