Citicards 60 day/ one application policy

Old Jan 13, 08, 12:18 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 263
Citicards 60 day/ one application policy

Does anyone know if this just applies to one specific type of card or for all citicards? In other words, can I apply for one Aadvantage card and one Thankyou rewards card every 60 days or just one total?

Also are there are any other good citicards I should be doing besides the two I mentioned? I am already doing business versions of each though.
veggie_lover is offline  
Old Jan 13, 08, 3:14 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, D.C.
Programs: AA PLT 2.0MM, Amex PLT
Posts: 870
Originally Posted by veggie_lover View Post
Does anyone know if this just applies to one specific type of card or for all citicards? In other words, can I apply for one Aadvantage card and one Thankyou rewards card every 60 days or just one total?

Also are there are any other good citicards I should be doing besides the two I mentioned? I am already doing business versions of each though.
It's one per flavor of card... So unless it's the same card, you can have multiple within a 60 day period... Just can't apply for the same flavor of card within 60 days, so AAdvantage and TY are just fine...

Oh, I think I heard there's a 6 citicard limit... Meaning you can't hold more than 6 citibank credit cards at one time...

Also, business cards are every 90 days, unlike personal cards which are 60 days as you stated...
technique is offline  
Old Jan 13, 08, 5:10 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Manchester,UK and NYC
Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Posts: 707
Originally Posted by technique View Post
It's one per flavor of card... So unless it's the same card, you can have multiple within a 60 day period... Just can't apply for the same flavor of card within 60 days, so AAdvantage and TY are just fine...

Oh, I think I heard there's a 6 citicard limit... Meaning you can't hold more than 6 citibank credit cards at one time...

Also, business cards are every 90 days, unlike personal cards which are 60 days as you stated...
My experience differs - I only apply for AA cards, and have done as many as 4 cards in a 67 day period - I mix between Visa and M/C versions.

I also hold more than 6 Citicards as well.

Different people have different experiences - so you just have to try and apply. Good luck
forextrader is offline  
Old Jan 13, 08, 8:50 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: DTW
Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Posts: 4,994
I got a Professional, then about a month later a Business and Premier Pass Business on the same day.
tev9999 is offline  
Old Jan 13, 08, 9:17 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 263
Originally Posted by forextrader View Post
My experience differs - I only apply for AA cards, and have done as many as 4 cards in a 67 day period - I mix between Visa and M/C versions.
Good luck
Very interesting, how do you get a Visa option for the AA cards, I seem to only see the M/C version?
veggie_lover is offline  
Old Jan 14, 08, 6:27 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: EWR
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Posts: 224
There is a current offer for 25,000 miles after $750 in purchases within four months for a CitiBusiness AAdvantage Visa. You can apply at CitiCards.com
AndreaRH is offline  
Old Jan 14, 08, 1:39 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tupelo, MS
Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Gold
Posts: 26
I was approved on 12/21 and today for 2 Citi AA MC's products.
Leisureguy27 is offline  
Old Jan 14, 08, 8:21 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA 1M
Posts: 28,386
i used to be able to get more than 1 card in the 60 day period, but recently around the time their CEO was fired I got rejected and they reason was that i could get only 1 per 60 days. i guess at that time they were increasing their criteria due to the credit crunch. ever since that they have imposed that rule whenever i apply. i guess if they currently don't enforce it on you, don't overdo it.
UA Fan is offline  
Old Jan 15, 08, 1:32 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Manchester,UK and NYC
Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Posts: 707
Originally Posted by veggie_lover View Post
Very interesting, how do you get a Visa option for the AA cards, I seem to only see the M/C version?
http://www.usa.visa.com/personal/cards/credit/visa_signature_apply.html?it=c|/personal/cards/credit/visa_signature.jsp|Apply%20Now#

The above link if for many brands of Visa cards - scroll down to Citibank, and you will see the AAdvantage card. 20,000 miles after $250 spend
forextrader is offline  
Old Jan 19, 08, 11:09 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Oak Park, IL USA
Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier, *Wood, Marriott Silver Elite
Posts: 133
Anyone else who has applied for more than 1 Citi AA Card in the month of Jan and got approved
asiaFT is offline  
Old Jan 19, 08, 11:27 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Vancouver, WA
Programs: AA PLT 2.9MM
Posts: 113
My wife was approved for Citi Amex and Citi MC in January
PDX_Roy is offline  
Old Jan 19, 08, 12:09 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 211
Are the AA cards still churnable (after $750 in purchases)? Do you cancel after 2 or 6 months?
gerald5 is offline  
Old Jan 19, 08, 12:45 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Vancouver, WA
Programs: AA PLT 2.9MM
Posts: 113
I began churning Citi cards last Aug and the sum of all those credit limits is >$56k. The credit limit on my new Amex cards are effected by this sum. I will begin to cancel cards after 6 months which Kaukau suggests in order to avoid forfeiting bonus miles. I think he said B of A was taking back bonuses if accounts were closed in less than 6 months. No word on Citi doing that but I will stick with the 6 month rule.
PDX_Roy is offline  
Old Jan 19, 08, 2:53 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BUF
Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Posts: 880
Originally Posted by PDX_Roy View Post
I began churning Citi cards last Aug and the sum of all those credit limits is >$56k. The credit limit on my new Amex cards are effected by this sum. I will begin to cancel cards after 6 months which Kaukau suggests in order to avoid forfeiting bonus miles. I think he said B of A was taking back bonuses if accounts were closed in less than 6 months. No word on Citi doing that but I will stick with the 6 month rule.
how often do you apply for new cards?
freeloader is offline  
Old Jan 19, 08, 3:28 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, D.C.
Programs: AA PLT 2.0MM, Amex PLT
Posts: 870
Originally Posted by PDX_Roy View Post
I began churning Citi cards last Aug and the sum of all those credit limits is >$56k. The credit limit on my new Amex cards are effected by this sum. I will begin to cancel cards after 6 months which Kaukau suggests in order to avoid forfeiting bonus miles. I think he said B of A was taking back bonuses if accounts were closed in less than 6 months. No word on Citi doing that but I will stick with the 6 month rule.
AFAIK, Citi does not take back bonus miles...
technique is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: