Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2007, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond
details on the "free" companion ticket

Needs to booked through entre.com. Here are details from their website (lots of restrictions and blackout dates apply):
Buy a ticket...and get another for free! *
Choose one of over 100 destinations across the country!
Here's how it works:
1. Find the city you are flying from (your "origin") on the list below. Then find the city you are flying to (your "destination"). Note which zone number your origin and destination are in.
ZONE 1 Albany, NY, Allentown, PA, Atlantic City, NJ, Baltimore, MD, Boston, MA, Buffalo, NY, Erie, PA, Hartford, CT, Manchester, NH, New York City, NY, Newark, NJ, Philadelphia, PA, Portland, ME, Providence, RI, Rochester, NY, Syracuse, NY, Washington, DC, White Plains, NY
ZONE 2 Alexandria, LA, Atlanta, GA, Birmingham, AL, Charleston, SC, Charleston, WV, Charlotte, NC, Fayetteville, NC, Greensboro, NC, Greenville, SC, Jacksonville, NC, Knoxville, TN, Lexington, KY, Little Rock, AR, Louisville, KY, Myrtle Beach, SC, Nashville, TN, New Orleans, LA, Norfolk, VA, Pittsburgh, PA, Raleigh-Durham, NC, Richmond, VA, Roanoke, VA, Savannah, GA
ZONE 3 Akron-Canton, OH, Boise, ID, Chicago, IL, Cincinnati, OH, Cleveland, OH, Columbus, OH, Dayton, OH, Des Moines, IA, Detroit, MI, Elmira, NY, Evansville, IN, Flint, MI, Ft. Wayne, IN, Grand Rapids, MI, Indianapolis, IN, Kalamazoo, MI, Kansas City, MO, Lansing, MI, Milwaukee, WI, Minneapolis, MN, Omaha, NE, Saginaw, MI, South Bend, IN, St. Louis, MO, Toledo, OH
ZONE 4 Las Vegas, NV, Portland, OR, Reno, NV, Salt Lake City, UT, Seattle, WA
ZONE 5 Abilene, TX, Albuquerque, NM, Amarillo, TX, Austin, TX, Beaumont, TX, Brownsville, TX, Colorado Springs, CO, Corpus Christi, TX, Dallas, TX, Denver, CO, El Paso, TX, Houston, TX, Killeen, TX, Laredo, TX, McAllen, TX, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, San Antonio, TX, Tucson, AZ, Tulsa, OK, Waco, TX
ZONE 6 Burbank, CA, Long Beach, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Oakland, CA, Ontario, CA, Orange County, CA, Palm Springs, CA, Sacramento, CA, San Diego, CA, San Francisco, CA, San Jose, CA
ZONE 7 Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Ft. Myers, FL, Jacksonville, FL, Miami, FL, Orlando, FL, Tampa, FL, West Palm Beach, FL
2. Then use the chart below to find the fare for the paying passenger. Departure zones are listed from top to bottom; destination zones are listed from left to right.
Destinations
Zone 1 Zone 2 Zone 3 Zone 4 Zone 5 Zone 6 Zone 7
D
e
p
a
r
t
u
r
e
s Zone 1 $308 $319 $363 $550 $495 $517 $308
Zone 2 $319 $330 $352 $572 $495 $550 $330
Zone 3 $363 $352 $385 $484 $484 $462 $352
Zone 4 $550 $528 $484 $330 $484 $358 $484
Zone 5 $495 $495 $484 $484 $396 $506 $440
Zone 6 $517 $550 $462 $330 $506 $198 $484
Zone 7 $308 $330 $352 $484 $440 $484 X
3. The price you see will the base fare for the paying passenger -- the companion ticket is free!*
4. You can check for available seats and book your travel on-line, right here!
* Fares shown are base fares only; both the paying passenger and companion passenger are responsible for all U.S. and international taxes, airport facility charges and 9/11 security fees. Rules & Restrictions:
1. A Citi Platinum American Express Cardmember is able to purchase one adult round-trip, coach-class airline ticket at the fare stated in this offer and receive a Companion ticket for no additional airfare.
2. Ticket must be purchased in full using a Citi Platinum American Express Card. No other form of payment will be accepted.
3. Customer Service hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time.
4. This offer is valid only between the listed cities at the fares stated.
5. Travel must be by both passengers traveling together on the same itinerary and one traveler must be a Citi Platinum American Express Cardmember.
6. This companion ticket offer may not be combined with or applied to other certificates, promotions or special offers, including but not limited to; upgrades, government fares, tour/travel packages, group, convention/company meetings fares, bereavement, companion fares, senior citizen discounts, corporate agreements, student fares, child fares, travel industry discounts, internet fares, frequent flyer programs or any unpublished programs. Code share flights do not apply. All purchased tickets are non-refundable, non-endorsable and non-transferable.
7. Bookings are accepted no more than six (6) months in advance of travel but must be purchased at least 14 days in advance. Open tickets, open returns, open jaws and circle trips are not permitted. Stopovers are not allowed. Roundtrip travel must be completed within 30 days.
8. Selection of the airline varies by market, and is at the sole discretion of the issuing agency, Promotions In Travel, based on availability because airline participation varies from market to market.
9. Cardmember is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the companion airfare. The normal required taxes and fees including but not limited to Passenger Facility charges and September 11th security fees will apply to both the Companion Ticket and the First Ticket.
10. Airline fares and pricing changes constantly. Internet fares will not apply. In rare instances lower fares between eligible cities may be available. Fare may not be available for all flights/routes/markets. This program is valid on specific schedules and carriers and, at time of booking, is subject to individual carrier’s capacity controls and may be limited/unavailable for certain flights or dates. Service to/from some cities may not be available.
11. This offer is non-refundable and not redeemable for cash and is void if raffled, sold for cash or other consideration, copied, altered or prohibited by law.
12. Travel offers are non-transferable and void if altered. Once you have paid in full, due to the special cooperative participation of our host airlines, this entire program is 100% non-refundable, non-endorsable, and non-transferable for any reason, medical or otherwise. Name changes are not permitted.
13. Blackout dates for all destinations may apply during seasonal and holiday periods. Additional blackout dates may apply and blackout dates are subject to change without notice.
14. Its agents, assignees and designees, act only as agents for the airlines and do not, and will not assume any liability or responsibility for damage, expense, inconvenience, loss, injury, accident death or damage to any persons or property whatsoever on any aircraft or in transit to and from said aircraft, or for any cause whatsoever due to delays, cancellations, nature, mechanical breakdown, strikes, war, acts of God, arising from or in conjunction with services provided.
15. Schedules, terms, points of service and fares are subject to change without notice.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
with the identity monitor, you are allowed to pull your report once every 30 days or is it more?

I pulled it just to check it out how it works...still rated as EXCELLENT on the credit risk !!!

but was just wondering if I should keep this card active after I earn the points if the Identity Monitor is worth it...
Old Oct 30, 2007, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by anaggie
with the identity monitor, you are allowed to pull your report once every 30 days or is it more?

I pulled it just to check it out how it works...still rated as EXCELLENT on the credit risk !!!

but was just wondering if I should keep this card active after I earn the points if the Identity Monitor is worth it...
Yes it is every 30 days.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by budblab
Yes, we have 2 cards (they each have the same acct #), and were able to get 2 Priority Pass memberships, and 2 Identity Monitor memberships^
I though that additional card holders did not qualify for the benefits of Priority Pass or Identity Monitor as per T&C.

It is a good news that you were able to sign up. I guess Citi has no way to check on it, untill they actually will get charged from Identity Monitor or Priority Pass for the dues.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by tb1212
I also spoke to Citi Amex customer service and they insist that this card only qualifies for 75,000 TYPs/calender year. They said the only way to accumulate 150,000 TYPs is to have 2 accounts feeding in to your TYP account. This certainly seems like false advertising to me. The CSR superviser even told me that it was "probably" not a Citicard site that I was referencing. I am in the process of faxing a copy of the web page to a "Miss Larson" @ 605-357-2073 as directed by the CSR supervisor. Others may want to also pursue this.
Have you received a response from Citi yet?

I have just faxed it yesterday and was wondering how long does it take.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 7:45 am

I did not have to fax anything in...I just asked them which promo I was registered for and they said that if you applied on the internet, you were allowed 150k per yr....

I will cal again today to confirm.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 11:43 am

Talked to 2 different CSR's and they said:

1) Depending on the promotion, you will either get 75k or 150k. Just tell them that you signed up online with the 150k promotion. And as long as you pay the $99 annual fee after your first free yr, you can keep the 150k cap. But if you choose not to pay, then the cap drops to 75k. Now this sounds goofy to me, but the both CSR's were kinda low on the IQ tree, so someone else needs to call back and confirm.

2) The 150k is in a calendar yr (jan-dec). Starts all over again in JAN 08.

3) the 24 month promotion that all of us signed up on is from the date you becomea cardmember, so in my case: the 5/3 pt earning is good till Oct 29, 2009. So literally, I can earn 150k in 07, 150k in 08 and 150k in 09.

so, hopefully this will clear up confusion in the thread !!
Old Nov 1, 2007, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by mia
However, there is a ThankYou point cap...

Earn up to 150,000 ThankYou Points in a calendar year

...and this card does not qualify for Fixed Flight redemptions.
but if you merge your TYN accts how would they know which TYN points are eligibile and not??
Old Nov 1, 2007, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by psyflyer
but if you merge your TYN accts how would they know which TYN points are eligibile and not??
Because they still post from the CC individually.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 1:41 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
It is my understanding that all TYN points are eligible as long as you qualify, regardless of whether all of your cards qualify.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 3:39 pm

1) Depending on the promotion, you will either get 75k or 150k. Just tell them that you signed up online with the 150k promotion. And as long as you pay the $99 annual fee after your first free yr, you can keep the 150k cap. But if you choose not to pay, then the cap drops to 75k. Now this sounds goofy to me, but the both CSR's were kinda low on the IQ tree, so someone else needs to call back and confirm.
Yes, I confirmed that there are 2 different offers.

2) The 150k is in a calendar yr (jan-dec). Starts all over again in JAN 08.
Correct

3) the 24 month promotion that all of us signed up on is from the date you becomea cardmember, so in my case: the 5/3 pt earning is good till Oct 29, 2009. So literally, I can earn 150k in 07, 150k in 08 and 150k in 09.

so, hopefully this will clear up confusion in the thread !!
That is also true.

The problem that I'm having, that the offer I signed up for is suppose to earn up to 150,000 points. However, after speaking with 5 different agents, all confirmed that my account is coded for 75,000 only and I need to fax them prove in order to have it changed. Faxed it yesterday and waiting for their response.

Anybody else had to fax a prove to them?
Old Nov 1, 2007, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by Beckles
It is my understanding that all TYN points are eligible as long as you qualify, regardless of whether all of your cards qualify.
Ok so as long as you have a PPE and say an Amex Plat and bank the TYN points in one account you can use them for fixed flight redemtions?
Old Nov 1, 2007, 4:03 pm

Ok so as long as you have a PPE and say an Amex Plat and bank the TYN points in one account you can use them for fixed flight redemtions?
Here is what it says on Thank You network website under FAQ:

"3. Am I eligible for fixed flight options for airline tickets?

Certain ThankYou Members have the option of redeeming for air travel at fixed point amounts. Currently, ThankYou Members with a Smith Barney Account, Citibank® Account, Expedia® Account or the following Card Accounts are eligible for fixed flight airline tickets at fixed ThankYou Point amounts: Citi PremierPass® Card, Citi PremierPass® Card - Elite Level, Citi PremierPass® Card – Smith Barney Elite Level, Citi PremierPass® / Expedia.com® Card, Citi PremierPass® / Expedia.com® Card - Elite Level, Citi ProfessionalSM Card with ThankYou® Network, CitiBusiness PremierPassSM Card, CitiBusiness® Card with ThankYou® Network, Citi® ChairmanSM Card and Citi Chairman® American Express® Card. This list is subject to change without notice. Fixed flight option Travel Rewards are only available when you call the ThankYou Service Center. Agents will work to offer you the best deal on available flights – you are not required to select the fixed flight option."
Old Nov 1, 2007, 4:14 pm

yes, because how would TYN know how to count certain points towards redemptions and certain points towards merchandise. That would create too much confusion for the consumer and for TYN whcih would lead to a lot of unhappy people.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All points in your TYN Account regardless from where you earn such points, are of equal value and can be redeemed for fixed flight tickets as long as you also hold an eligible card as specified in the TYN T&Cs - bear in mind, the eligible cards have changed a few times before it reaches its current version. Though my guess is, this would be it for a while to come... all travel-related cards and buisness cards are eligible it seems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.