FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Card closed for new applicants. Information here: https://citi.com/citiprestige
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige discontinued (USA).

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2024, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Polytonic
I wonder what will happen to all the people applying for the Strata Premier only to be locked out of the Strata Prestige/Elite (if it ever appears) due to 48 month language rules.

Originally Posted by scubadu
Well, it would be no different than the people that get "locked" out of applying for one flavor of the Chase Sapphire if they have already had the other.

And yet, somehow the world continues to spin...
That’s why it would have made more sense to me to announce them at the same time, so people can choose wisely. Not that it really matters to me - I am locked out of another TYP bonus for another 2.3 years or so if they continue the 48 month rule and don’t have upgrades with bonuses.

And maybe their plan is to no play the high end card game at all, and there won’t be a Strata Elite/Prestige.
Old Jul 1, 2024, 9:18 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
And of course… yesterday was the first time in six years I’ve had a forced overnight due to a weather related flight cancellation… checked my flight receipt to see whether I had put in in my Amex Plat or the Citi Prestige… and it was the latter. So much for the travel delay insurance!
Old Jul 1, 2024, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by dw
And of course… yesterday was the first time in six years I’ve had a forced overnight due to a weather related flight cancellation… checked my flight receipt to see whether I had put in in my Amex Plat or the Citi Prestige… and it was the latter. So much for the travel delay insurance!
Sorry to hear about your delay. And here’s hoping if Citi does launch a Strata Prestige, travel insurance would be included as well.
dw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.